Montoya confesses why he left F1 bored

Posted by calimbo 
Re: Montoya confesses why he left F1 bored
Date: August 14, 2006 10:18PM
Posted by: calimbo
Again with the same: Montoya said that if Renault or Ferrari offered him a contract, he maybe would accept it, which doesn't mean he wouldn't have rejected it
Date: August 14, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: LS.
Muks_C Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> he left cos no top team wanted him, and he'd have been out of F1 most
> likely at the end of the season anyway, so he jumped before he was
> pushed, IMO.
>

That was the impression i got too

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 15, 2006 09:27AM
Posted by: marcl
just like jpm i am bored. Bored of hearing y he left f1 over and over again. No top team wanted him i.e renualt or ferrari one week ago he said if they had offered him a drive he would have been silly to turn it down so make up your mind jpm bored of f1? or just lack of a top drive?

Now its bored of mclaren got bored running in 5th well sorry but part of the sport is to make the car better something that has happened since he left
Date: August 15, 2006 12:20PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Muks_C Wrote:
> he left cos no top team wanted him, and he'd have been out of F1 most
> likely at the end of the season anyway, so he jumped before he was
> pushed, IMO.
>

He may well have gone to Red Bull Racing, but I guess we won't know that one.

It shows just how much having a decent car makes all the difference in F1. We all knew it before, but I guess Montoya is just reinforcing this idea. Hopefully Max's new rules in 2008 will go some way to equalising the field a little more. The good teams will always go to the top, but hopefully the gap won't be so huge.

Date: August 15, 2006 04:21PM
Posted by: vesuvius
But this 5th or 6th place in race, what did that: the car or boredom?
The car conducted me to boredom. My partner finished 5th and 6th too. We were finishing always the same places. Not me, but the car.

hmmm...yeah right.... the races I have seen Montoya wasnt really that close to Kimi .Anyway he is right about that the car wasnt good enough for wins.
Date: August 15, 2006 04:27PM
as i said the car needed work since he left mclaren have had 2 poles 1 third place 1 2nd place. Kimi was right up there in monaco where was JPM, same in Canada.

Yes its not the best car out there but i bet its more boring being out front leading by 20 secs than racing others

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 04:38PM by marcl.
Date: August 15, 2006 06:03PM
Posted by: Slash
and even if he's "bored· of fighting for 5th and 6th .., how much is he going to get bored fighting for 20th and 30th places.., cuz even if he does a good job, i heard that ganassi's car is not one of the top..
Date: August 15, 2006 09:58PM
I must confess I'm bored with F1 too. I haven't seen the latest 3 races, and I don't care, I still write here to keep in touch
Date: August 15, 2006 10:04PM
Posted by: Nickv
What a coincedence that a JPM fan says that. It is exact the same amout of races JPM is out. :O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 10:05PM by Nickv.
Date: August 15, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: mikef1
I am sad that JPM has left F1 but the fire had gone out when the season got underway and his heart wasn't in it, I'd rather see him racing hard like he used to in another series than pottering around in F1.
Date: August 16, 2006 03:16AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
F1 isnt THAT boring, but it could be better. I still love F1 and despite of losing such a great driver and character like JPM and probably jacques, F1 will always be fantastic.
Date: August 16, 2006 05:40AM
Nickv Wrote:
> What a coincedence that a JPM fan says that. It is exact the same
> amout of races JPM is out. :O
>
>
> Nickv is your WGP/W300 press release service! PM your story!
>
>
>
>
> Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 10:05PM by Nickv.

Is not a coincidence. Indeed that was the onyl reason I watched F1, so my dad and my friends. Why would I watch a race where overtaking is so hard? or to see the same guys winning?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 05:40AM by calimbo.
Date: August 16, 2006 06:53AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Why is overtaking so important anyways? Sure it's fun to see, but I think it just looks so much cooler when the overtaking happens in extremely difficult circunstances (IE: Monaco) than if it happens everytime. Formula 1 ain't about the drivers like some other series are, but it's about everything put together: The car, the team, the driver, the strategy, the technology etc. If it were about the driver, everyone would get the exact same car like in GPMasters. But hey, if you think the only important thing is overtaking, then indeed, you are watching the wrong series ;)
Date: August 16, 2006 07:03AM
Posted by: Guimengo
How a Brazilian can be against overtaking is beyond me ;)
Date: August 16, 2006 07:51AM
Posted by: Senna
Guimengo Wrote:
> How a Brazilian can be against overtaking is beyond me
>
>
> Sávio new website coming soon!
> Video of Sávio's goals at Zaragoza
> Gui's helmets!
> Dan Mills Tribute

Maybe he's also against uber attacking tactics in soccer? I spose he's a Luis FeliSHIT Scolari fan, I hate Scolari much more than I hate Schumi ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 16, 2006 08:11AM
Posted by: j0f01
He also doesnt deserve a top team ride. He just blew the ride in Mclaren. He should leave and stay in the US.
Date: August 16, 2006 08:39AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
@Gui: I'm not against it. Just think it isn't the core of what Formula 1 is about.

@Senna: Uh, doesn't attacking tactics fall under the same category of F1 Strategies? I don't think I quite get you there.

@j0f01: Yeah, he did. McLaren's mp4/20 was a very good car and he was not able to push it around to doing more, and had a very disappointing end of season. I mean, Suzuka and China were very bad for him.
Date: August 16, 2006 08:54AM
tbh i have not missed jpm at all since he left
Date: August 16, 2006 11:18AM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah Pedro is doing his job even better than JPM and I'm sure he is cheaper for McLaren too :)
Date: August 16, 2006 11:21AM
Posted by: Muks_C
>
> Is not a coincidence. Indeed that was the onyl reason I watched F1, so
> my dad and my friends. Why would I watch a race where overtaking is so
> hard? or to see the same guys winning?

so JB winning one of the most exciting races in recent years, is boring because it's the same guys winning?

poor argument IMO. you should have watched the Hungary race.

with renault kicking ferrari's ass last season, and with them on even form this season, it could be a very exciting cliamx to the season. sure the first half of the seaosn was a bit bring with FA romping away, but with ferrari and bridgestone's fightback, it looks to be a good season.

and although i liked JPM as a character off-track, i don't miss him on-track, like Marc said. JV i don't like on or off-track.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy