Montoya confesses why he left F1 bored

Posted by calimbo 
Re: Montoya confesses why he left F1 bored
Date: August 16, 2006 12:14PM
Posted by: chet
I just watched some of the Nascar at Watkins glen on Ch5.

On a oval its boring as @#$%& (for me) but watching at Glen was quite enjoyable actually. I was suppsised :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2006 12:17PM
Posted by: mikef1
Is it because they've both been involved in controversial collisions with your fav driver Muks? :P I know people don't like JPM and JV but they've provided us with great racing and some of the best overtaking moves over the last ten seasons (six for Juan of course).
Date: August 16, 2006 03:37PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
chet Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I just watched some of the Nascar at Watkins glen on Ch5.
>
> On a oval its boring as @#$%& (for me) but watching at Glen was quite
> enjoyable actually. I was suppsised :P

I watched the race live, then watched those Ch5 hightlights. They raped the highlights. They took about the lead battle (we had 7 or 8 lead changes) and just missed the first 40 laps and showed some spins at the end. They missed the biggest accidents of the day too. TERRIBLE coverage! The race was so much better than they showed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 16, 2006 03:51PM
Posted by: chet
:O wow, and i thought it was good!
By watching on tv, they look fun to drive around quite a fast track like watkins glen!

Accidents with these cars must be huge, i mean so much momentum, because of their weight!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2006 03:57PM
Posted by: Lemming
I saw some of the NASCAR race too, live, not much though, only happened to catch the end of it but might have to watch the replay if they show it again.

I was shocked to see them taking left and right handers in the same lap! :o It's because they go round in circles I'm not normally too interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 03:57PM by Lemming.
Date: August 16, 2006 04:11PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
chet Wrote:
> :O wow, and i thought it was good!
> By watching on tv, they look fun to drive around quite a fast track
> like watkins glen!
>
> Accidents with these cars must be huge, i mean so much momentum,
> because of their weight!
>
>

The crumple zones are huge though so altho the impacts look big, the stops are less sudden.

The glens old skool. Still fast and a bit unsafe.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 16, 2006 04:27PM
Posted by: marcl
ch5 is usless they show the restarts but u have no idea what happened to cause it
Date: August 16, 2006 04:37PM
Posted by: Muks_C
@ Mikef1, not at all. like i said, i like JPM as a person, he's a funny guy, just that he is not my favourite on-track. as for JV, he's a miserable grumpy git out of the car (most of the time, from what we see of him during race weekends) and again, he's not my favourite on-track either. and the collisions were mainly MS' fault anyway (Jerez definitely), so no reason to hate either JV or JPM for having a tangle with MS.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 16, 2006 04:46PM
Posted by: Senna
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> @Senna: Uh, doesn't attacking tactics fall under the same category of
> F1 Strategies? I don't think I quite get you there.
>

Nope, I mean how the drivers cope with the cars infront and behind them. For example Senna was "all out attack", always go for it when there is space no matter of what size, if theres a minimal space he'll put the car inside, even if theres not enough space for 2 cars (LOL!) While Rubens is "ultra defensive" because he spent some years racing in the midfield where he learned defensive driving to keep his position but forgot the most important - OVERTAKING...

Like we say in soccer, "attacking is the best way to defend a winning score" so in F1 terms could be "overtaking is the best way to defend your best position :)"

@chet and muks c: well, I never watched a NASCAR race, except in a hollywood blockbuster movie called "Days of Thunder" GO COLE TRICKLE! LOL ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 04:48PM by Senna.
Date: August 16, 2006 05:00PM
Posted by: mikef1
Rubens is not an ultra defensive driver, i don't know where your coming from there Senna. Plus you are forgetting Silverstone 2003, that was overtaking.

@ Muks, i was only joking about the collisions thing i guess my :P needs a smiley insted! Saying that i do think people have forgotten how exciting those two were to watch when they were at their peak, they have given me many good memories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 05:11PM by mikef1.
Date: August 16, 2006 05:38PM
Posted by: Muks_C
hey Mike, it's ok, i did notice your :P, but just replied to you in case anyone did think that that was the reason i didn't like them both.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 16, 2006 05:47PM
mikef1 Wrote:
> Rubens is not an ultra defensive driver, i don't know where your
> coming from there Senna. Plus you are forgetting Silverstone 2003,
> that was overtaking.
>
> @ Muks, i was only joking about the collisions thing i guess my :P
> needs a smiley insted! Saying that i do think people have forgotten
> how exciting those two were to watch when they were at their peak,
> they have given me many good memories.
>
>
>
> Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 01:11PM by mikef1.

Well, I never saw Rubens overtaking someone :P He always waste a lot of laps behind someone before that, I am always yelling at him "DAMN IT, OVERTAKE HIM, IDIOT!" and when he do it is because the car infront of him went to the pits ;)

Date: August 16, 2006 06:40PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Bollocks. Rubens overtook a lot of people at Hungary and at Germany also, before his engine gave up.
Date: August 16, 2006 07:34PM
Posted by: Slash
Muks_C Wrote:
> @ Mikef1, not at all. like i said, i like JPM as a person, he's a
> funny guy, just that he is not my favourite on-track.

ACTUALLY He's a j*rk as a person,. i once went to a cart race in nazareth, PA and the race was cancelled beacuse it was snowing, and HIM, instead of coming to thew fans and sign some stuuf he stayed in the seat of the car while other people where telling him to come by, and it wasn't if like the race was cancelled for a day, it wasn't gonna take place but after a month or so, he just stayed there and leave the fans very dissapointed, i don't know if he was setting the seat up or something, and he's more than critiziced by his antics in his country, he kicks pople out of his restaurants and rarely gives autographs in public, actually at his hometown, they hate him.., he applied to join a club where you go and do a lot of activities and he got rejected because of his personality.. this happened at his hometown, adn one friend of my dad, told me that he meet him at an airport, and her son went to ask him for an autograph, his son it's 6 yrs old, and they guy didn't even look at him.., this are stories that ai know of, imagine what we don't know...

i don't like him and i don't miss him really, PDLR is doing better but i sure hope he becomes more nicer now after everything that happened to him!!! it's time to step down of that big cloud that he was living in, thinkin he was better than anybody..

"sorry for my english" but i know you know what i mean
Date: August 16, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
yeah whatever... he seems like a nice guy to me, alonso is the same in spain, sometimes its dangerous giving autographs, i know id hate it when 200 people run at you and give you no room. why dont you call alonso a jerk too, and all the other drivers in f1.
Date: August 16, 2006 08:28PM
Posted by: Slash
AdamGilchrist Wrote:
sometimes its dangerous giving autographs, i know id hate it
> when 200 people run at you and give you no room. why dont you call
> alonso a jerk too...

YES IT IS, SOMETIMES ONE OF THOSE PEN CAN SPLASH INK RIGHT AT YOUR FACE

i'm not talking about autographs.... it is boring when 200 people run to you, but he does it everytime, and kick people out of his restaurant in bogota

anyways, for me he can f*ck right off, i don't care i was just telling a story
Date: August 16, 2006 08:59PM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Bollocks. Rubens overtook a lot of people at Hungary and at Germany
> also, before his engine gave up.
>
>

Well I didnt saw it too :P @ Hungary, my eyes were focused in Jenson's performance and Alonso's thrilling move over SHITmacher, and when the race started I didnt realise that Rubens was in 2nd, I was looking around the grid "WHERE'S JENSON?!?" **searches and finds that he's in 14th** "OH, YES, DON'T LET ALONSO PASS, GO JENSON!!" ;)

Date: August 17, 2006 01:58AM
Fact is that Rubens would've won the race had he not chose the wrong tyre at the start of the GP, but that's a whole other discussion and this is a Montoya thread.
Date: August 17, 2006 02:07AM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> Fact is that Rubens would've won the race had he not chose the wrong
> tyre at the start of the GP, but that's a whole other discussion and
> this is a Montoya thread.
>
>

Yeah, its going off topic... but I want to add just one more thing. The decision of which tyres Jenson and Rubens were going to run at hungary was made by the team, not the drivers, like Gil de Ferran pointed out later.

Date: August 17, 2006 03:12AM
They missed out on a 1-2 win then...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy