Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Hungarian GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: August 06, 2006 06:05PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Altho it was a brilliant drive from Jenson (nobody can ever deny that), i dont belive it was 100% on merit. Alonso, Schumacher AND Kimi retired. The top 3. Rubens got n00bed by a stupid Honda stop, Fisi was out, the bridgestones were USELESS.

Fantastic drive, but i wana see him take it to them in a GP with normal conditions.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 06, 2006 06:06PM
Posted by: chet
chris - i was annoyed. very. but quite obv for this occasion i thought it would be interesting to see what people say.

indeed barbos - better than christmas and bday put together.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 06, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: Senna
DaveEllis Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Altho it was a brilliant drive from Jenson (nobody can ever deny
> that), i dont belive it was 100% on merit. Alonso, Schumacher AND Kimi
> retired. The top 3. Rubens got n00bed by a stupid Honda stop, Fisi was
> out, the bridgestones were USELESS.
>
> Fantastic drive, but i wana see him take it to them in a GP with
> normal conditions.
>
>

its 100% on merit, 2 of the top three were BEHIND HIM when they retired. ;)

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 06, 2006 06:09PM
Posted by: marcl
its funny after all the years of michelin being useless in the rain all of a sudden bridgstones were useless.

Shame its take then this long to sort it out.
Date: August 06, 2006 06:11PM
Posted by: chet
I see fully where your coming from Dave, and considering Alonso didnt , as far as we know have to stop, JB was looking on a very close 2nd, poss win.

but yeah, i personally was glad he won in these conditions.. i mean it was a race where ppl were all over.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 06, 2006 06:15PM
Posted by: marcl
does not matter really look how many races alonso won last year due to people dropping out of races.
Posted by: Eagle
WOW!!!
AMAZING RACE!!!

Best semi-wet race I've seen since Brazil 2003!

Tell you what...add a bit of water to the track at the start or during a race, and it makes for one hell of a show...I didn't know what was gonna happen next...I was expecting a Schumacher podium, then there was a clash between him and Heidfeld right near the end..I thought Heidfeld was gonna retire with some sort of damage..I was waiting for Button's engine to blow up on the last lap....it was incredible!

I find it funny that for some drivers who always ALWAYS struggle and takes AGES to win their first race, theres always one hell of a race with plenty of incidences to take out all the leading contenders.

Rubens Barrichello's maiden win at Hockenheim 2000 was full of drama, and he won from starting in 18th place, and I think he even had an ex-Mercedes employee wandering on the track as well?

Giancarlo Fisichella's maiden win at Interlagos 2003 was again, full of rain, drama and crashes...and it wasn't until the next round he found out he actually won the race!

Add Jenson Button to the list...an inspired drive, and proof positive that Hungaroring isn't just Monte-Carlo without the buildings around it...OVERTAKING IS POSSIBLE!!

Downside...Webber spinning off and retiring AGAIN *SIGH*....when will that man ever see the chequered flag ever again?
Posted by: IL Dottore
guys does someone know where i can watch highlights of the race or the full race .. cos i missed it ??

Magic Senna
Date: August 06, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Fantastic drive from Jenson, but he was also quite lucky in that the weather and the misfortunes of Alonso and Raikkonen.

The worst part is now we get 3 weeks of Button fanfare from the British media. Joy...

Date: August 06, 2006 06:17PM
Posted by: Wirah
That was a great race, one of the best I have ever seen, alongside Spa 98 and Monaco 96 in terms of drama and excitement. Alonso showed what a danger he is, a rare Renault technical error terminated his chances. But Button drove brilliantly, he deserves a race win. De La Rosa looked solid in 2nd, as did Heidfeld. I feel bad for Rubens, he would of got higher, third, maybe second, if his pitstop was not error strewn. Coulthard showed his experience in the race. Ralf didn't particularly excel, but he drove fairly consistantly. Kubica raced well, especially if it is true that he had never driven a Formula 1 car in the rain before, I know he made a couple of mistakes which led to spins, but for the most part, he seemed in control.

If the incident between Heidfeld and Schumacher didn't occour and Schumacher drove home in 3rd, I would expect that Schumacher would of had +10s added to his time at the end of the race, or a penalty imposed in the next race, albeit that De La Rosa passed him the next lap.

Overall, Jenson looked steady, calm and in control when he was leading and is a deserved victor today.

Date: August 06, 2006 06:20PM
Posted by: Wheely
Morbid Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Nice with some calm and collected thinking, among all the hotheads
>
> Wheely Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
>>> > Well, I enjoyed the race. Was interested to see how those who,
> through
> > one reason or another, started in the middle/back end of the pack
> did.<<

Thank you for kind comment, sir. (Doffs cap) :D

Wheely
Date: August 06, 2006 06:22PM
Posted by: Eagle
And I see Sato is doing his team (Super Family Aguri) proud by finishing the race 5 laps behind. :P

Can I add Sato to the list of drivers who will never win a race in their career?
Date: August 06, 2006 06:27PM
Posted by: Sapo
Nope, lots of people thought the same about Jenson, and i also see De La Rosa winning a race may be, (and that's also quite unpredictable). So why not Sato ;)
Date: August 06, 2006 06:31PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
you can put kimi on your list that will never win a Championship ;-)
Date: August 06, 2006 06:34PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
STFU BigBrother.
Great Race by Jenson i cant comment totally as i only saw the last 15-odd laps due to being at airport with my gf.
Alonso would have won though from what i heard. Good though championship is still on.
Date: August 06, 2006 06:35PM
Posted by: matt3454
YEAH!!! JENSON!!!!!! the only grand prix i didnt watch this year and Jenson wins... luckily i had it on record :D:D:D;) Nice to see schumacher retire and have pedro and nick on the podium!

Date: August 06, 2006 06:42PM
Posted by: LS.
has anyone seen the schumacher incident with Heidfeld more clearly yet? Formula 1.com is reporting that michael ran into the back of him, damaging the ferrari.

I didnt see that on ITV unless i was out the room at the time

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 06, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Pathetic response mini but so far i am right and will be till he retires in f1

you'll see the overrated driver will never win a championship ;-)
Date: August 06, 2006 06:44PM
Posted by: Nickv
Why is Kimi overrated? Give me a few reasons to see you are right.
Date: August 06, 2006 06:44PM
Posted by: eddief1
i say well done to button :P i didnt think he would win it but wow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy