Re: Villeneuve out

Posted by Morbid 
Date: August 10, 2006 02:02PM
Posted by: rajahassan
jv did a better job than heidfeld!no way.look at the points.
all he did was take his own team mate out with his stupidity this year and also like massa at monaco 2005.all he does is crashes the car.good riddings

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: August 10, 2006 02:44PM
Posted by: marcl
point never tell the full story. JV has broken down many times this year when in the points.

Nick had done no better than jv, jv out qual him a number of times and raced better.
Date: August 10, 2006 02:48PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yes that's true, JV was starting to get his old form back this year and now he's out, what a shame that F1 has lost another character.
Date: August 10, 2006 03:23PM
Posted by: Zyklef
Champ Cars please, Mr. Villeneuve!
Date: August 10, 2006 05:01PM
Posted by: tripleM
Watch the revisionism start.

Date: August 13, 2006 03:15AM
Posted by: sennafire
MMM, Jaques and Juan in Nascar.... I NEED CABLE TV FAST!!

-----------------------------------------------

Date: August 17, 2006 10:29PM
Posted by: flat tyre
According to Bild (I know it's not got a reliable reputation, but let's hope), he's got an offer from one small team. Let's just hope that he takes it, or at least gets a test drive, to kick-start his career again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 17, 2006 11:20PM
Posted by: NickR
Villeneuve had a good season, raced well and helped develop the BMW into a fairly decent car.

Then got sacked.

This sums up all the bad things in F1.

The TEAM is everyting the car manufacturers have taken over and its no longer a race its a multi million dollar advertising campaign.

Why have a known veteren racer when we can have a young, new, first ever Polish driver and sell @#$%& loads of BMW's off the back of it into eastern Europe.

Makes me sick.
Date: August 18, 2006 12:40AM
Posted by: flat tyre
NickR Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Villeneuve had a good season, raced well and helped develop the BMW
> into a fairly decent car.
>
> Then got sacked.
>
> This sums up all the bad things in F1.
>
> The TEAM is everyting the car manufacturers have taken over and its no
> longer a race its a multi million dollar advertising campaign.
>
> Why have a known veteren racer when we can have a young, new, first
> ever Polish driver and sell @#$%& loads of BMW's off the back of it
> into eastern Europe.
>
> Makes me sick.

Exactly.

The problem is that manufacturers don't want to sell their team either, seeing as they already have a near-infinite cash supply from the manufacturer themselfs, so they don't have a need for the money. This means that once the manufacturers are there, they're likely to be there for a LOOOOOONG time.

The FIA should encourage more private teams, and less manufacturer teams. I know ther isn't much that can be done, but perhaps if there was a rule that meant that manufacturers were only allowed to make engines it would be better, maybe with a limit of three manufacturer teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: August 18, 2006 03:19AM
Posted by: Senna
Couldnt agree more, F1 was much more fun when we had private teams... But remember when F1 was born, in the 1950's/60's ? It started all with manufacturers: Mercedes, Maserati... Maybe they are trying (in the wrong way) to come back to this?

Well, I dont wanna see a F1 grid full of manufacturer teams... I own a Peugeot 206, and I'm a Honda fan but I cant afford a Honda car, how can I support Honda then?! LOL It is weird for me. But supporting Lotus and McLaren was much more fun, they were nothing more than a F1 team for me, now for me they are just engine manufacturers making a racing TV advertsing for 2 hours :S

Imagine if Nike, Reebook, Adidas, Puma and other brands buy soccer teams? I dont wanna see them buying my favorite soccer team! But Red Bull has started it in Salzburg and in New York, buying the local soccer teams and re-branding them. Horrible, but is happening all around the world and seems that F1 cant escape from it.

I'm sick of that thing people in this world call as "globalization".

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 18, 2006 03:47AM
Posted by: JPMrules
I don't think so. The manufacturers will grow tired of F1 and leave for a couple of years. Examples abound: Renault (1997-2001) Honda (1992-2000) Ford (2004-) Peugeot (2000-)
That's very dangerous. If they pull out of F1, many outfits will dissapear or be sold to people like Midland's boss.
Date: August 18, 2006 04:37AM
Posted by: chet
KMATE FDACT IS JAVWUEES OWNS!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 18, 2006 07:29AM
Posted by: zymolguy
Date: August 18, 2006 09:48AM
Posted by: Nickv
Date: August 18, 2006 01:22PM
Posted by: chet
Heres a stat for u.

Since JV became world champ he has NEVER lead a SINGLE lap since :O

Thats like 8 seasons, adding 2004 and 2006 as one ;)

He will still always be one my fravs.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 18, 2006 01:31PM
NO??

I can't imagine that.
Date: August 18, 2006 01:41PM
Posted by: Peat
he has been saying some strong words against michael over at f1racing.net.

Date: August 18, 2006 02:15PM
Date: August 18, 2006 04:48PM
Posted by: marcl
he has led a race for a few secs lol canada 1998.

JV did not have the car to lead a race though.
Date: August 18, 2006 06:58PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
@ PEAT

and well, strong but true. That´s another reason why F1 will be more boring, can´t see one of the actual Sponsorrobots to say something like that... Maybe Nico Rosberg through Keke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy