Re: Villeneuve out

Posted by Morbid 
Villeneuve out
Date: August 01, 2006 07:41PM
Posted by: broders

Villeneuve out

Jacques Villeneuve will not be racing in Hungary. His place is to be taken by test driver Robert Kubica.

source: www.grandprix.com

they have not added anything else, anybody know whats going on?

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 01, 2006 07:58PM
Posted by: alexg_f1
He isn't ready to participed at the Hungarian GP after his crash during the German GP.
Date: August 01, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: Morbid
Have no idea. It would probably be best to wait for other F1 news sites, or even BMW to confirm the story before you believe it.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: August 01, 2006 08:05PM
Posted by: anze89
there's no reason to replace him, he has done a good job this year.

Date: August 01, 2006 08:06PM
Posted by: Sauber89
its on autosport aswell now interesting chance for kubica if he out qualifies his team mate could book himself a drive for next year.

edit it is because of his injuries

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2006 08:07PM by Sauber89.
Date: August 01, 2006 08:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
where is my post gone? had a mod deleted it? it was 2nd in the thread right after Broders' post.

Edit: Yes I did, and as you have discovered I also sent you a PM explaining why ;-) -Morbid

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2006 08:30PM by Morbid.
Date: August 01, 2006 08:08PM
Posted by: bestobritish
yup its confirmed on ITV.com and crash.net.

It seems weird cos when he was being interviewed he said he was totally fine. I think its a bit of a hint towards next years line up ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: August 01, 2006 08:31PM
Posted by: Morbid
If it isn't, it is certainly a good chance for BMW to see if there should be.

Edit: This was not the first post in the thread... just tried out some new features, and this post which was originally later in the thread ended up in the top.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2006 09:21PM by Morbid.
Date: August 01, 2006 08:52PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
this is the weirdness of f1. i wish kubica the best of luck. but even if he does a better of worse job in the next race then villueve, f1 is so weird these days, that it wont prove anything. the only thing that seems cirtuin to me these days in f1 is charlie whitings deliberate ferrari favouratism and ferrari almost cirtuin to win next race(i only wish massa would have the balls and pass schumi in the pitsops (ie in late 70s early 80s, teamates refusal to play second fiddle to teammate. that would be so funny to me, as most of schumis latest wins lately seem due to f1 polotics, and he smiles in press conference as if he doesnt know... i will never forgive his 2003 championship win, bridgestone and charlie whiting 100%cheat in my mind, winner should have been kimi or monty 100 %, and scumis is 100% scum for not aknowledging the tyre situation.

edit. i get wind up in f1 polotics now, cos it seems to be happening again, with renault parts banned etc. f1 and ferrari seem buddies to me, and schumi seem scum, like he doesnt care about sport only himself as usual(he is a loser to me cos the way he drove ie, susuka 2003, straight into sato, loser)only cares for charlie whiting polotics and winning, and not the challenge of being a winner!!!
)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2006 08:58PM by AdamGilchrist.
Date: August 01, 2006 08:55PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Morbid, you have another customer :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 01, 2006 09:09PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I figured they might use Jacques accident as an excuse to put him on the sidelines, but if his "injuries" are legitimate I hope he gets his seat back soon...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 01, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I thought Villeneuve was fine after that crash...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: August 01, 2006 10:12PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I wonder if we will see Villeneuneagain in F1 ....
Date: August 01, 2006 10:30PM
Posted by: pete-21
To be fair you cannot blaim Schumi for charlie's favoritisim,
Lets hope Renault get sorted to make the championship go to the wire.
Date: August 01, 2006 11:12PM
Posted by: ralv585
[f1.racing-live.com]

says that villenueve told mario that he wasn't ready to race after his accident, hopefully jacques will be back, he's driven well this year
Date: August 01, 2006 11:12PM
Posted by: JPMrules
Someone's heading to NASCAR!!
Date: August 01, 2006 11:13PM
Posted by: chet
='/ yeah Montoya.

JV will race next time.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 01, 2006 11:34PM
Posted by: Senna
Brazilan racing media press says that Jacques had (and still has) some headaches after the crash @ Hockenheim, thats why Kubica steps in to replace him at Hungary

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 02, 2006 12:07AM
Posted by: LS.
Polish driver Robert Kubica will take Jacques Villeneuve’s race seat at BMW Sauber in this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

And BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen has thrown the 1997 world champion’s future into doubt by declaring that the team has yet to decide who will partner Nick Heidfeld “either in the remaining races of the season or next year”.

The Hinwil-based squad said it had been told by Villeneuve that he would not be fit to race at the Hungaroring as he had not fully recovered from his accident at Hockenheim last weekend.

Villeneuve crashed out of the German GP shortly before half-distance when he lost control at the 100mph final turn of the stadium complex.

Although it was a heavy front-end impact, the Canadian appeared not to have sustained any injuries and reported that he was feeling fine when interviewed by ITV Sport’s pit lane reporter Louise Goodman.

However, Theissen explained in a statement on Tuesday that “Jacques has informed us that he is not ready to race after his Hockenheim accident.”

Kubica has impressed the team with his speed and assurance in his Friday testing role this season and is considered to be in the running for a 2007 race seat alongside Nick Heidfeld, who is already under contract for next year.

Theissen said the 21-year-old would now have the chance to prove himself.

“Robert has made an outstanding impression with the team so far, both in testing and on the Friday of the race weekends,” Theissen said.

“Now we will see how he performs in a Formula 1 race.

“However, we have not yet made a decision on who will drive the car either in the remaining races of the season or next year,” he said.

The three-week break between the Hungarian and Turkish GPs should, in theory, give Villeneuve enough time to recover from any ill effects of his Hockenheim crash.

But Theissen’s final comment will fuel speculation that Villeneuve’s seat may not be waiting for him on his return – especially if Kubica lives up to expectations.

When asked for clarification by ITV-F1.com, a BMW spokesman confirmed that the team did not yet know who would occupy the second race seat for the remaining grands prix.

Villeneuve has repeatedly expressed his frustration at BMW’s unwillingness to offer him a new contract despite his proven track record and the fact that he has generally matched team-mate Heidfeld this season.

Kubica will become the first Pole to start a Formula 1 grand prix when he lines up on the grid on Sunday.

“I had prepared myself for a whole year without actually competing in any races, so I’m even happier to get this opportunity,” he said.

“I’m proud that the BMW Sauber F1 Team has such confidence in me. I’m determined not to let them down."

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 02, 2006 12:30AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
I hope it's only for one race Villeneuve is still a good enough driver to be in F1 for a while yet

The Thunder from Downunder

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy