Re: Villeneuve out

Posted by Morbid 
Date: August 18, 2006 07:40PM
Posted by: Nickv
JV finds himself too good now...

Jacques Villeneuve finds that BMW-Sauber should've kept him for next year, if the team wanted to win races in 2007. The Canadian left the team after the German GP. Villeuve didn't come to the Hungarian GP because of his crash on the Hockenheimring. After the team couldn't ensure he could keep his racing seat, the JV left the team with immedeat affect.

"I know how to lead a race and I know how to win them. If BMW wanted a driver who can win races for them, they needed me. In my opinion the team made a lot of progress and I think they could use someone who can win races", Villeneuve said to the British F1 Racing Magazine.

About Kubico Villeneuve said: "Doing well in Friday practise is something else than doing well during a whole racing weekend. You know how good a driver is when he has driven a couple of races. Robert is still a question. I don't want to critisize him, I only say that he is not sure. Robert is young and has not so much racing-experience."

[www.f1racing.nl]

Read and judge yourself...
Date: August 18, 2006 08:23PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Hes not bad or anything, but hes really overrating himself.
Date: August 19, 2006 06:53AM
Posted by: vbc
Hehehe, Jacques is getting old and he needs to take things more calm, Why cannot Kubica or Heidfield lead races in future?

There is one thing true though, BWM MUST get an experienced driver, in order to continue improving... Coulthard, Barrichello, Trulli, Ralf, Fisichella, Wurz, have contracts already, if I am not wrong, so maybe BMW will get De la Rosa or Gene for testing?

Jacques, thanks for the good races between 1996 and 2001, do not risk your life in other racing series, now please take care of your family, maybe your child can have a racing career :)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: August 19, 2006 07:24AM
Posted by: ASWinner
Oh,sorry to hear that.
Date: August 19, 2006 01:27PM
Posted by: chet
Quote from JV, seems very fair.

Jacques Villeneuve believes that NASCAR is his only viable alternative should he, as seems likely, not continue racing in Formula 1 next year.

The former world champion acrimoniously split with BMW after the Hungarian Grand Prix, after the 35-year-old was dumped in favour of test driver Robert Kubica for the race in Budapest.

With no competitive options available in F1 for 2007, the 1995 Indianapolis 500 winner and IndyCar champion seems set to follow Juan Pablo Montoya to the Nextel Cup.

“These days, NASCAR isn’t a step down from F1,” Villeneuve said in an interview with F1 Racing.

“And, because of that, it’s something you can do without thinking you’re giving up on your career – just as Montoya has done.

“Le Mans, sports cars, DTM, IRL, Champ Car? Well, I’m sorry, but they’re all a step down from F1. NASCAR isn’t.”

If the Canadian continues to race, he says it will only be in a top category, and while the Indy 500 is still a blue riband event, Villeneuve considers the current IndyCar Series to be shadow of its former guise when he was a front-runner.

“Actually, GP2 is probably above Champ Car and IRL at the moment,” he said.

“An F1 team wouldn’t seriously consider a Champ Car driver or an IRL driver these days, but they look closely at GP2 drivers all the time.

“In fact an F1 team would probably consider a NASCAR driver before a Champ Car driver or an IRL driver – perhaps they’d even prefer to consider a Moto GP rider.

“And that shows the relative value of all those series.”

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 19, 2006 02:51PM
Posted by: tripleM
“In fact an F1 team would probably consider a NASCAR driver before a Champ Car driver or an IRL driver"

Good one.

Date: August 19, 2006 03:06PM
Posted by: chet
I cant disagree with what he said, i mean... last few years name a champ car driver/irl driver who has come to f1? after JPM?

but then same with Nascar. But I for sure see where he is coming from!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 19, 2006 04:16PM
Posted by: tripleM
"But I for sure see where he is coming from!"

Yeah, some F1 team principal will call up Jacques to prove his thesis.

Date: August 19, 2006 04:16PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
Well JV is right in saying that IRL and ChampCar surely arent attractive for any F1 Team to get their drivers. There just isnt any driver that can really impress. Well Bourdais is there, but IMHO I dont think he would be up for the task of F1. Maybe the attractivity of american Openwheel racing will improve again when CCWS and IRL finally reunite. And there sure are some promissing talented youngsters on their way such as Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal. Which not only have the name (which is very important for US OpenWheel to get back into the media) BUT also have the talent.

PS; Personally I prefer Katherine Legge though. She sure has had a hard time through the last couple of races but I think she has much potential if she is given the time!
Date: August 19, 2006 04:41PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Katherine Legge is shite and only got the drive as she is a woman.
Date: August 19, 2006 05:11PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Legge is properly @#$%&.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 19, 2006 06:22PM
Posted by: mikef1
She had a terrible race in San Jose and pissed off a load of other drivers by getting in everyones way, out of all the rookies sadly she is the worst.
Date: August 19, 2006 06:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Shes had a terrible race every race. She got a good position in Long Beach because she got lucky with the cautions. She had a few spins that werent shown on TV. Shes rubbish. Shes there because CC needed a women to battle Danica mania, and it just so happens PKV had a spare seat, and Kevin is co-owner of CC.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2006 04:01AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
JV is off his rocker. The dude is really burning his bridges behind him now. I always liked JV in the past, but now I wish he would just shut up and let us believe he has a shred of dignity left.....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 20, 2006 05:49AM
Posted by: six degrees
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> JV is off his rocker. The dude is really burning his bridges behind
> him now. I always liked JV in the past, but now I wish he would just
> shut up and let us believe he has a shred of dignity left.....
>
>

hardly. he's clearly signed a nascar deal and is plainly talking up the series he'll be racing in next year. altho the lengths he's going to are somewhat surprising, but it's obvious what he's up to :P
Date: August 20, 2006 07:15PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
JV's mother told a Quebec television crew that Villeneuve is not done in F1.

Date: August 20, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: Stan
Yes he signed a Ferrari contract to race next to Kimi next year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy