Re: Villeneuve out

Posted by Morbid 
Date: August 02, 2006 12:55AM
Posted by: Senna
yeah Villeneuve still adds some quality to the grid, and he was outqualifying Heidfeld fair and square through the season, what proves a thing to that ppl who overrated Nick before Bahrain race. But Nick is an OK driver.

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 02, 2006 09:39AM
Posted by: Nickv
Thank you ;)
Date: August 02, 2006 11:46AM
Posted by: mortal
@AdamGilchrist,
your anti Ferrari rant has nothing at all to do with this thread, your post has been reported, please try to keep on-topic in future please.
If you want to slag off Ferrari and Ferrari politics in general, perhaps you should start another thread instead of doing it here where users are discussing Villeneuve and Kubica.
That's all mate ;-)
mortal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 02, 2006 02:02PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
It would be disappointing if Kubica replaced Villeneuve for the rest of the season and next year because I think JV has done more than adequately this season. Too many drivers today are so boring when interviewed, and I think JV is one of the few drivers who actually has something worthwhile to say. His attitude has improved alot.

Unfortunately it looks as if another boring clone will get the seat next year.

Date: August 02, 2006 03:42PM
Posted by: dangermouseaix
I agree to all the posts.
It would be a shame if Villeneuve wouldnt drive anymore. He has done a damn good job this year and when it comes to that it´s better to have a fast and realiable worldchampion in the car than a polish youngster of which you don´t know how good he might be and that WILL produce a lot of Carbon-Once-It-was-an-F1-Car-Trash. The same way as Nico Rosberg does (what doesnt mean he is a bad driver....it´s just something that a rookie does)

So I hope Jaques will be back in HIS car soon and will be driving a BMW Sauber in 2007 as well
Date: August 02, 2006 05:18PM
Posted by: marcl
for bmw to say we have made no decision who will drive the car the rest of the year is a bit strange
Date: August 03, 2006 09:22AM
it does look like jv will not be going back to bmw maybe they are not happy with the 1st lap crash all seems a bit silly he is doing no worse that nick
Date: August 03, 2006 12:39PM
Posted by: peppekk
Hi,
as the Pole I am extremely proud of Robert. I think he is defenetively reliable person and driver to drive a F1 racecar during F1 weekend.
As far as JV is concerned - look, guys, maybe he made a progression this year, ok he is a world champion in 1997 and had made very good rookie year in 1996 - no question about that. But we must still remember that from 1998 up to 2005 season he has proved to be poor driver, making lot of mess around him instead of driving good a F1 car. I think he should leave F1, frankly speaking.... Maybe this is a good moment....
Date: August 03, 2006 12:44PM
agree Robert has done well as a test driver with max revs and lots of tyres will be interesting to see how he does this weekend.

Does anyone know what is wrong with JV anyway?
Date: August 03, 2006 12:56PM
What I've heard is that he has a lot of headaches.
Date: August 03, 2006 09:55PM
Posted by: pete-21
Robert Kubica is indeed talented, but will he give BMW better results than Villenuve this season?
Maybe they want to scrap this season & use the rest of it to give hin experience ready for next year, but Villenuve has been better this year and still has a lot to give. I hope we will see him again next year maybe in the Red Bull?, but would they want to have two older drivers in their team?

Jenson, Jenson, he's our man,
If he can't win it,
Someone else........er can?
Date: August 03, 2006 09:56PM
I don't see JV at RedBull next year. He is either at BMW or out.
Date: August 03, 2006 10:12PM
Yep unfortunatly I think you maybe right but I hope someone can see him in their team beside a young driver as I think he has a lot of experience that he could pass on.

If he can't win it,
Date: August 04, 2006 05:57AM
Posted by: vbc
peppekk Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> We must still
> remember that from 1998 up to 2005 season he has proved to be poor
> driver, making lot of mess around him instead of driving good a F1
> car. I think he should leave F1, frankly speaking....

Ok, so I guess you have not seen F1 between 1999 and 2001, uh? maybe you need to check videos or sites in order to refresh your memory ;).
I will not say that he did a good job between 2002 and 2005 though.

Let's see what happens, of course it would be nice to see him in F1 for more time, but if there are not chances or motivation to continue, well thanks Jacques for the good races :)

And keep enjoying F1 ! :)

Thanks GP3Hotlaps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2006 07:00AM by vbc.
Date: August 04, 2006 09:15AM
Posted by: peppekk
Hi vbc,
I understand that you are JV fan. But I don't agree with you. I watched every season from 1992 to now on, and look can any of his season after 1997 can be compare with his two years? Can you imagine M>Schumacher wining worldchampionship and then being driver of midfield or end of the field? I don't. So I think JV won't do anything better - he should retire...
Date: August 04, 2006 09:34AM
Posted by: Henne1987
JV was actually in the best car in '96 - '97 so he had the best oppurtunity to win the campionship... He did because he's a fighter, maybe even a little bigger then all the rest because he's still a left over from those old days nutcases that risked their life each weekend. (and I mean this positive because man those where times :D )

And yes he had some pretty bad teams after that victory... like BAR, he couldn't do any better with that team...

So Jaques would be a great loss to F1. C'mon who would take the risks that he takes nowadays? And to make a race interesting in these times of hard racing and difficult overtaking, he should take risks.

KEEP JV IN F1 is my opinion !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2006 09:36AM by Henne1987.
Date: August 04, 2006 01:18PM
Posted by: mikef1
"Ok, so I guess you have not seen F1 between 1999 and 2001, uh? maybe you need to check videos or sites in order to refresh your memory .
I will not say that he did a good job between 2002 and 2005 though"

Yes that's true, JV did drive well between '99 and 2001 but lost motivation in a team that was not delivering. When David Richards came to BAR, JV and him did not get on and it all went sour for him and his driving suffered. This year has shown that he still has talent and ability so he should be allowed to race after Hungary and i hope he gets a seat next year.
Date: August 04, 2006 01:39PM
why get rid of jv and keep nick? what has nick done this year that jv has not (apart from fly)
Date: August 04, 2006 04:17PM
Exactly, they should ditch Heidfelt and run Villenuve & Kubica,

If he can't win it,
Date: August 04, 2006 05:25PM
Posted by: Henne1987
Villeneuve is of to Nascar... so is said on the latest news.

He alreaddy has a deal with an unknown team. Germany was his last race...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy