Tiago in Midland
Date: November 12, 2005 02:25AM
Posted by: IceKimi
It's now oficial:-)
[www.autosport.com]
I expect a great fight between Monteiro and Albers

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2005 02:32AM by IceKimi.
Re: Tiago in Midland
Date: November 12, 2005 06:00AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
IceKimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's now oficial
>
> I expect a great fight between Monteiro and Albers
>
And a snail ;)

Date: November 12, 2005 12:24PM
Posted by: marcl
its not confirmed that fat guy at midland said nothing is signed
Date: November 12, 2005 02:05PM
Posted by: danm
oh it is, check itv-f1

[www.itv-f1.com]

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 13, 2005 01:21AM
Posted by: marcl
not its not

11 November 2005
Monteiro confirms Midland deal - Kolles denies

According to Tiago Monteiro he is Christijan Albers' teammate at Midland. He confirmed his raceseat at a sportsceremony in Portugal. Monteiro received a prize for his sport achievements in 2005. Team boss Kolin Colles though denied Monteiro had already signed.

"You can never be 100% sure when the contract is going to be signed so it was clearly a huge relief to sign and now I'm looking forward to start testing with the team again," Monteiro said at the ceremony.

"At this moment we are in a much better position than we were at the start of the 2005 season. Because we have signed the deal with four months to go before the season starts, while last season we only had one month to prepare everything."

Monteiro was also talking with Frank Williams to join the team as a testdriver, but in the end he took the decision to race instead of test at Williams. "At my age the more races I do, the better. I'm very proud Williams approached me and I thank Frank Williams for believing in me, but he also understands I prefer to race."

Funny enough Midland team boss Colin Kolles did not want to confirm Monteiro's story. "There is nothing signed at this moment with Monteiro," he told F1Racing.net. "We do have an option on him and he is the most likely to be signed at the moment - it isn't secured yet though. We will announce our second driver at the right moment."

Date: November 13, 2005 04:54AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Cool there using a gun for a chassis lol

With a season under his belt and Midland set to introduce a new chassis (the M16) from the start of next year, Monteiro is confident of making further progress.

:P lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy