He's at it again! Rossi's testing again!!

Posted by montana_uk 
He's at it again! Rossi's testing again!!
Date: November 10, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: montana_uk
[www.f1racing.net]

Rossi completes another test at Ferrari

Ferrari has invited MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi again for a test in their Formula One car at Fiorano and Mugello. The 26-year old Italian came in action in the F2004 at Fiorano on Wednesday and on Thursday at Mugello.

Rossi completed 40 laps at Fiorano with a best lap of 59.21 (Schumacher did 55.99). On Thursday the Italian completed 18 laps at Mugello according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The last time Rossi was testing a Ferrari F1 car was in August.

--------

Seems to be doing this a bit too often for it to just be a PR thing...
They must seriously be grooming him for switching to F1 in the future, if he decides to go for it.

Laters,

Montana_UK

Re: He's at it again! Rossi's testing again!!
Date: November 10, 2005 05:33PM
Posted by: J i m
As great as Rossi is on bikes, F1 really is a different propostion alltogether, even if he has raw pace, it's going to be very difficult to convert race craft from bikes to cars.

It would sure be very cool to see him try though.
Date: November 10, 2005 05:36PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Just hope he doesn't try and lean out of the car in the corners ;)
Date: November 10, 2005 07:32PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Strange hes doing that now. He was complaining last weeked at the Valencia that he was very very tired after a long hard MotoGP campaign.

I cant imagine he will make the switch until at least 07 though. So its largely pointless him doing regular tests.
Date: November 10, 2005 11:30PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ferrari are trying to lure him away and Rossi is probably just having fun driving that baby around :D.

But 4s off is quite a lot for a track that short ;-)
Date: November 11, 2005 01:17AM
Posted by: Sauber89
yer apparently he's lack of pace lies atm with his cornering speed on entry i can't recall a driver 4 seconds off a pace thats made it tbh

Date: November 11, 2005 05:58AM
Posted by: Stan
there are no lap times from the test session in mugello but reports from italy say he was o.8 off lap record at fiorano not 4.0 ;-)

Date: November 11, 2005 08:33AM
Posted by: Karan19
4seconds off schumacher in a year old car isnt bad to be honest. i highly doubt schumacher was also driving the f2004 like rossi. and theres nothing pointless about him doing these tests. ferrari's plan is to maybe sign him up for some testing deal sometime next year. give him some more solid driving experience with that. and then maybe sign him up for a race seat alongside everyone-knows-who, in 2007 or 2008
Date: November 11, 2005 10:34AM
Posted by: marcl
wonder when kimi will anounce he is moving to ferrari and i wonder if next year mclaren will help jpm more than kimi
Date: November 11, 2005 10:40AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I don't think he will move.

[Website]
Date: November 11, 2005 10:49AM
not so sure now, he is young and been at mclaren since 2002 might think its the right time to move.

In a way they have cost him 2 world championships now

rossi will fit in well at ferrari and the fans will love him not so sure about quiet kimi though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2005 10:50AM by marcl.
Date: November 11, 2005 11:35AM
Posted by: montana_uk
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rossi will fit in well at ferrari and the fans
> will love him not so sure about quiet kimi though

KIMI! QUIET???? This guy knows how to party, as we've heard a lot lately, so I hope Ferrari are prepared for it. Maybe they will be letting him let his hair down...who knows?

It could be a lot of fun in Ferrari though, with Kimi and Rossi there...They both know how to have some fun, from what I've heard about Rossi's celebratory parties...

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: November 11, 2005 12:06PM
i mean quiet to the press and that type of thing, does not talk on the grid
Date: November 11, 2005 01:39PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i think they would be a good combination, one the more flamboyant italian, the other a quiet chap.

much better than having 2 whingers (RS and JPM) or 2 quiet guys (kimi and Nick) together.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 11, 2005 03:09PM
can see your point there as long as kimi does his talking on the track who cares
Date: November 11, 2005 04:31PM
yesterday he did about 40 laps of mugello with a best lap of 1'23"2 msc best lap there is of 1.19.2 done 2 years ago with the f2004

Date: November 11, 2005 04:37PM
and the lap record was probably done with softer tyres as 2005 tyres were alot harder
Date: November 11, 2005 04:48PM
tbh the lap record was done some weeks before the 2004 season started when Ferrari went with the F2004 to test there after launch and its not the track record that but ms lap record track record belongs to rubens with a 18.9

Date: November 11, 2005 08:10PM
Posted by: matthewp
even if he has raw pace, it's going to be very difficult to convert race craft from bikes to cars.

I would think it would be the other way round, if he has the pace, he already has undoubted race craft and I dont see why that would be any different in cars, especially as in f1 you've got the pit radio so the teams make any decisions for you and inform you how other people's races are panning out, wheras in motogp you're on you're own

Date: November 12, 2005 12:57AM
Posted by: LS.
One things for certain, were gonna get great value for money if he's in F1 :)

we're lacking a character in F1 in recent years and one especially that has the benefit of talent

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy