How much of a Formula One fan are you?

Posted by McLaren Fan 
How much of a Formula One fan are you?
Date: July 30, 2003 02:30AM
Posted by: McLaren Fan
I have recorded ALL the races and qualifying sessions since the 2000 Malaysian GP. I watch probably one every day.

I have three 1/43 scale model F1 cars on my computer desk, and a 1/18 on its way.

I have got every issue of F1 Racing since March 2002.

I have got one F1 game for the PS, three F1 games for the Nintendo 64, and 10/11 F1 games for the PC.

I have my own F1/Grand Prix 3 website.

I have a F1 replica steering wheel for my PC.

I have three F1 posters on my wall.

I have four books about F1.

Re: How much of a Formula One fan are you?
Date: July 30, 2003 02:37AM
Posted by: Pooky
ok.

i have bourght every weekly copy of Autosport magazine for about 2 years costing me around 300 pounds altogether

before i bourght autosport i had f1 racing, and f1 news for a few years

i have a replica ferrari steering wheel

my bedroom is covered in F1 posters

i worked at mclaren;)

i record all sessions if i can

i race in a hotlap comp. on the internet

i have quite a few F1 related clothes

i have a small jacques villeneuve helmet on my car dashboard

i have read murray walker auotbiograhy, and have plenty of F1 books - mclaren history etc.

i just dont stop talking about f1, and i dont stop expressing my love for F1 to the annoyance of my family!!

i go to the free testing at silverstone

Date: July 30, 2003 02:45AM
Posted by: b-tone
i try to watch the races if my wife lets me.

____
Tony

Date: July 30, 2003 03:05AM
Posted by: Eagle
"If my wife lets me"...what are you, a man or a mouse, b-tone??

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: July 30, 2003 03:13AM
Posted by: rayg
"I have recorded ALL the races and qualifying sessions since the 2000 Malaysian GP. I watch probably one every day" You seriously watch one everyday???? do you work???

I think you win the biggest F1 fan! either that or you've lost your marbles.................
Date: July 30, 2003 03:22AM
Posted by: Vader
I got three guinea pigs. One is called Kimi. Does this count for anything?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 30, 2003 03:26AM
lolly! vader!

Date: July 30, 2003 03:48AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Mine's 8 inches, does that make me a fan?

Seriously guys this thread's kinda...silly...

Date: July 30, 2003 03:55AM
Date: July 30, 2003 04:06AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Any excuse to boast nowadays...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: July 30, 2003 04:58AM
No, I don't work. I'm only 16.

Date: July 30, 2003 05:00AM
I read Murray Walker's Autobiography as well.

Date: July 30, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Well, I have a video collection of every BBC and ITV highlights programme since 1983. That's 20 1/2 seasons, two 8 hour LP cassettes per season totalling something like 330 hours worth of F1. I am missing Thierry Boutsen's victory at Hungary in 1989 and Imola 1994 (BBC showed a news prog/documentary/tribute thingy instead of the regular highlights prog) but otherwise the collection is complete.

I still have my JPS Lotus sweatbands bought at the 1985 British GP, a list of bookmarks that goes off the bottom of the page, countless biogs and statistical books, a stack of magazines about 3 ft high dating back to 1981 (GP International, Autosport, F1 News, F1 Racing), a picture of Keke Rosberg on my desktop and in my sig, a 1:20 Williams Honda FW11 model with Piquet's livery rather than Mansell's, Autocourse annuals from 1982 and a copy of 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: July 30, 2003 05:47AM
Posted by: b-tone
can somone upload 'the chain' please

____
Tony

Date: July 30, 2003 06:44AM
Posted by: Zcott
I just like F1 a lot. Don't think I need to explain how much, but a lot more than the average bear!

Date: July 30, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: Ellis
Right, i aint gona brag here

I have recorded ALL the races and qualifying sessions since the 2000 Malaysian GP. I watch probably one every day.

As have i...since 1997. (excpet a couple where i have been on hoilday etc)

I have three 1/43 scale model F1 cars on my computer desk, and a 1/18 on its way.

I have a good few hundread pounds worth sitting at home, and a lovely Bentley Le Mans model on my desk, as well as 1/18 Scale Le Mans 1998 and 1997 cars, and a 2001 Viper.

[/i]
I have got every issue of F1 Racing since March 2002.
[/i]

I ahd EVERY copy of F1 News before the magazine was closed. I have every copy of autosport since 1999 possibly?

I have a F1 replica steering wheel for my PC.

I felt the need to get a good steering wheel rather than opt for one which looked like a F1 one[/i]

I have three F1 posters on my wall.

I have a massive ayrton senna picture framed, with glass casing of course haging on my wall and easily over 20 posters

I have four books about F1.

I have closes to 44

What was your point? I dont really have that much tbh either :|

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2003 09:55AM
My point?!?! I just thought this would give people a chance to boast about what they've got!

Date: July 30, 2003 10:03AM
Posted by: Ellis
In That case...

I have a limited Edition Martin Brundel Jordan test car, only 300 were ever made. I have a limited edition Geoff Gordan 1999 Chevy Mote Carlo NASCAR. Only 5000 ere made. I have a limtied eidtion Michael Schumacher Benetton with Jean Alesi perched on the airbox getting a ride back to the pits after the 1995 Canadian GP. Duno how many were made. I have a limtied edition DC 1995 Williams. Why si this one special? Becuase it has DCs helemt before it was removed from the models because of sponsorship rows. Duno how many were made

This is all my special cars, along with the ones that really mena alot to me such as 1997 Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans entery, AMG Mercedes CLK GTR 98 FIA GT car, 2001 Dodge Viper GT2, Bentley EXP Speed 8, Le Mans 2001 (my newest car to the collection)

I cant remember the rest of the cars. Havent seen them in months, because havent been home in months :). Maybe i should bring them here so i can stare at them

Oh, and another good one is the Alfa Romeo 155 DTM car :)

And a AMG MErcedes CLK DTM kit car :)

And of course how much you own depends on how much you have to spend. the reason i got a good few limited eidtion things was from abroad.

I wud have more but i spent my cash on going to Le Mans 2003, and i will be going back in 2004, almost defiantly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2003 10:24AM
Posted by: tax dodger
i dont think having more stuff makes someone the best f1 fan. and btw- nigel mansell won the hungarian gp in 1989 with a classic move on senna, that was awesome.

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: July 30, 2003 10:45AM
Posted by: LS.
i once spilt some petrol on my clothes

do i win?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy