The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
on the official F1 site it says that there will be no chicanes

From www.formula1.com :

Michelin have told the FIA that they are unsure the tyres used in qualifying will be safe to race unless the speeds in the banked Turn 13 can be reduced.

In response, the FIA have outlined a number of options available to Michelin, the most obvious being to instruct their teams to run at reduced speeds through the final corner, while not obstructing other cars.

If Michelin teams were to run the new tyres they would face a penalty. The FIA stated that this was unlikely to be exclusion from the race, but that it would be heavy enough to ensure teams were not tempted to change tyres after qualifying at future events.

Another option available to the teams would be running the existing tyres, but changing them frequently if they could show this was needed on safety grounds and if no competitive advantage was gained. Using more than their allocated tyres could, however, present further complications.

Finally, the FIA ruled out the possibility of modifying the track to slow the entry into Turn 13, as this would be outside the rules and also unfair to Michelin

*confused*

Need a report from someone we know at Indy on what the hell is going on over there! Everywhere seems to be making up their own stories!

the only site i will trust at the moment is either the BBC or particularly F1.com

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
f1-live are now talking about the charlie whiting letter. personally i don't think we'll know whats going to happen until the race starts.
GUYS

Speed TV here in the states is having a preview show at 10:30, so in 10 minutes. Its live.... from the speedway so I will report back what is going on.

Jeremy
I think Michelin is overreacting, if the problems only happen with the toyotas maybe the problem is the their cars.
But it'll be great if renault refused to race(0 points to Alonso:-))

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
As long as the race happens, I am not fussed. :)

formula1.com has an article on it at there site,

they have RULED OUT modifying tutn 13, theres more there

Jeremy
on Radio 1 they just said that the US GP is in doubt, adfter safetty concerns following Ralfs crash.

she also said that michelins are used "by around half of the teams". god, could they not do a bit of research and say '7 out of the 10 teams use michelins' ?

don't take any notice of what i post regarding Radio 1 news, they don't know their arse from their elbow it seems.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Come on , yesterday Raikonen said he is confident in his tyres as Button said too, so what´s the problem!! add a chicane ism´t fair for bridgestone...

Just think that ferrari sent a letter to the Fia in Melbourne, Malasya, Bahrain, etc.. that they tyres doesn´t look any good for those races and they need to change everything even the track line... THAT MY FRIEND IS CRACK... AND DONT TELL ME IS SECURITY BECAUSE IN FRIDAY PRACTICE I COUNT AROUND 70 LAP BETWEEN THE 3 RENAULTS AND NOTHING HAPPENS TO THEM!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2005 04:54PM by checha.
Re: The 2005 Indianapolis GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: June 19, 2005 05:03PM
Posted by: Zcott
Sure, Renault had no problem, but it's a safety concern thing. Just because Renault had no tyre failures doesn't mean tyres won't fail on their cars. When you're dealing with cars that travel at 180mph+ a few feet from a wall, it's best to err on the side of caution....

Alonso's tyre failed last year at Indy.

What about the security in Nurburgring with Raik Tyre!!! huh??

there was no problem with the tyre on Raikkonens car at Nurburgring, beyond the undue pressure Kimi put on it himself

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
SPEED TV preview show didnt say a word about the tyre problem.:(

guess we will have to see

Jeremy
any new news RenaultFan?

edit: we posted in the same minute, no need to answer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2005 05:10PM by anze89.
We are talking about security!!

As a result we reached the conclusion that we will not compete with these tyres in the current configuration of the circuit," said a letter to Whiting signed by Michelin motorsport executives Pierre Dupasquier and Nick Shorrock.
they are blackmailing FIA. if FIA will let them to change tyres they can kill themselfs and make totally new rules.

There is a new idea, they start the race with yesterday tyres, and if you have any problem during the race you can change it just in case that you tyre is in some kind of trouble, NOT BECAUSE YOU JUST WANTED TO CHANGE IT

Whiting had suggested one solution allowed by the rules would be to run on the suspect tyres, changing them during the race as necessary.

"If the technical delegate and the stewards were satisfied that each change was made because the tyre would otherwise fail... and that the relevant team were not gaining an advantage, there would be no penalty," he said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy