JPM IN TROUBLE

Posted by marcl 
Re: JPM IN TROUBLE
Date: June 05, 2003 04:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
incase they sneak ballast in :|

hehe id love to see that ;)

would be seriously hilarious, Rb running after ms with kilo wieghts in his hands :P

Date: June 05, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Martin Brundle once told a story about 'the old days' when drivers would get ball bearings and roll them down the exhaust pipes of the car after the race to increase the weight, and he said that its due to stories like this that they have the strict parce ferme rules.
Date: June 05, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: LS.
its illegal to alter the car by picking something up, or droping something after the race had fnished

why are'nt the teams penailised then when on the slowing down lap after the race has finished the drivers go offline to pick up the marbles shedded from the tyres during the race?

i even saw a clip on tv of a race engineer speaking to the driver on his slowing downlap and the engineer told him not to forget to pick up the marbles so that the car would'nt be under weight at the weigh in at parc ferme afterwards

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: June 05, 2003 05:18PM
Posted by: Ellis
yeah i know wot u mean, they always do that (i think Sam michaels said that ni Sepang 2001 when i had digital - we cud hear him)

but check the rules, it is illegal to stop the car and pick up or drop something from the car

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2003 09:05PM
Posted by: G_Force
I assume that these rules were brought in after 2001, when Hakkinen stopped on the last lap and got a lift home from DC, i think that Schumacher also stopped and asked him if he wanted a lift on the slowing down lap

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: June 05, 2003 09:26PM
Actaully they have been there for longer than that

Michael got in trouble in 1995 for picking Jean Alesi at Montreal after Alesi won then ran out of fuel on the last lap

It has never been allowed.

I belive mansell also did this with Senna?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2003 11:29PM
Posted by: G_Force
Did Mclaren get in trouble for Spain then?

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: June 05, 2003 11:35PM
Posted by: marcl
spain why?

And yet the pic from 1992 is a clasic with senna and mansell
Date: June 06, 2003 02:29AM
Posted by: matthewp
I belive mansell also did this with Senna?

yeah that happened at Silverstone, it's on a highlights video i've got. Its funny, Senna gets on the car and a marshall comes along to try and get him off but Senna pushes him away and Mansell drive's off :)

Date: June 06, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yup, and Senna memorized every single read out on Mansell's display and then conveyed it back to McLaren when he got to the pits :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2003 04:45AM
Posted by: genesis
"Rb running after ms with kilo wieghts in his hands "

lmfao!

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: June 06, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: matthewp
Senna memorized every single read out on Mansell's display and then conveyed it back to McLaren when he got to the pits

i'd never heard that, amazing :)

Date: June 06, 2003 05:19AM
I did not hear that either, i new in canada when brundle retired he looked at their tyres as berger was leading with MS behind him
Date: June 06, 2003 05:39AM
That's like what Schumacher did at Spa in 1991 - saw the wear on Brundle's tyres, and pitted just at the right moment, to win!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2003 06:14AM
He only saw the tyres in spa as he done one of his mistakes and went off and as usual was lucky to get back on :)
Date: June 06, 2003 06:31AM
Posted by: cynic
"That's like what Schumacher did at Spa in 1991 - saw the wear on Brundle's tyres, and pitted just at the right moment, to win!"

That was 1992 Alex. :)
Date: June 06, 2003 07:30AM
was bout to ask that, wasnt it 92 MS did that?

And ypu guys, the biggest JPM wud get is a finem its the same breech as all the other stuff we have mentioned in here :)

Date: June 06, 2003 02:47PM
Posted by: duffman
Date: June 06, 2003 03:21PM
That was 1992 Alex

That's the one :) Just the moral victory in 1991 ;)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2003 03:37PM
and a blown clutch :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy