JPM IN TROUBLE

Posted by marcl 
JPM IN TROUBLE
Date: June 05, 2003 03:45AM
Posted by: marcl
JPM

could be fined or even stripped of the Monaco result due to a watch that he was given after the race but before he was weighed.

If its proven the watch was not taken off before he was weighed there could be problems.
Re: JPM IN TROUBLE
Date: June 05, 2003 03:51AM
Posted by: matthewp
No-one knows if he took the watch off before being weighed yet so that needs to be found out first. They'll never strip him of the win though, the public image of F1 would suffer to much to disqualify someone for something so minor, although it was careless of them to do it.

Date: June 05, 2003 04:01AM
Depends how far they wanna push the rule.

If it was MS most of us would say DQ him lol
Date: June 05, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: sasjag
nah, they won't do anything, of course they'll look at how havy the car is, if it's reasonably over weight the watch wuld make little differece

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 05, 2003 04:23AM
I know they will not, but rules are rules and say the car was on the limit what then, but u could say they had a drink and got sprayed with champain before they got weighed.

Moncao is so different from other races, they get weighed after the podium
Date: June 05, 2003 05:12AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
erm its a watch ffs :|

Date: June 05, 2003 05:25AM
Yep its a watch and they can be heavy enough to make a difference and rules are rules
Date: June 05, 2003 05:38AM
Posted by: Oleg
Yep its a watch and they can be heavy enough to make a difference and rules are rules

I could have sworn he could bearly hold it with both hands;)

Probably he will just get fined like Damon did after Britain 1994 for getting the Union Jack.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: June 05, 2003 07:29AM
Posted by: _Alex_
It would be absolutely pathetic if they stripped him of that excellent win.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 05, 2003 08:01AM
Damon Hill did not even get weighed with the flag lol.

I am sure he will just get a fine.
Date: June 05, 2003 08:19AM
Posted by: Zcott
Why did Damon get a fine? The rules state that you're not allowed to stop on the way around your warm-down lap, and Damon didn't, he just kept the car creeping along as he picked up the flag from the marshal.

Date: June 05, 2003 08:28AM
They said DH stopped to get the flag.
Date: June 05, 2003 09:41AM
Posted by: Zcott
The video footage - and DH's account of it in his 1994 book - showed that he just kept the car crawling along.

Date: June 05, 2003 10:40AM
I must say i used to like it when drivers got flags, it was nice to see
Date: June 05, 2003 11:31AM
Posted by: jawwad01
They wont take any action Agains MONTI , they'll just tell him to be careful next time .
They did same with MS and Alonso after Brazil,telling them to be careful driving under yellow flag.

Date: June 05, 2003 01:00PM
Posted by: Ellis
erm its a watch ffs :|

the object in question is not the point, it is the fact it breaches parc ferme regs,

but that happens every year in monaco because drivers must be weighed BEFORE the podium as the liquids are also not allowed to come in contact with the driver incase they add weight

therefore every driver in the top 3 done it if they wana be pathetic bout it

Maybe the FIA shud sort out stuff in monaco before stuff like this

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: checha
come on guys.. it´s a watch,, that sound stupid!! of course he took the watch soooooo what? a watch can´t make a diference. 0.000000000000000000000000000001 kg nahhhhh

Date: June 05, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: sasjag
I must say i used to like it when drivers got flags, it was nice to see

apparently it's against the rules to get them :| also you aren't allowed to carry your team mates on your car incase they sneak ballast in :|

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 05, 2003 02:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
come on guys.. it´s a watch,, that sound stupid!! of course he took the watch soooooo what? a watch can´t make a diference. 0.000000000000000000000000000001 kg nahhhhh

sigh....did u read my post, or did u ignore the whole bloody thread?

the point is not the watch, the point is it is agaisnt regulations to add something to car or driver after the race

and wot kinda watch u got if its less than a millionth of a gram in weight?

apparently it's against the rules to get them :| also you aren't allowed to carry your team mates on your car incase they sneak ballast in :|

you cant carry any driver

its illegal to alter the car by picking something up, or droping something after the race had fnished

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 05, 2003 04:15PM
Posted by: Piranha
lol a watch that weighs less than an atom :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I live to eat and eat to live!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy