Have Bridgestone been cheating?

Posted by RonF1 
Have Bridgestone been cheating?
Date: June 06, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: RonF1
In this month edition of F1 racing, there is an article that bridgestone have possibly been using a harder compound on their front tyres and softer ones on the rear, this is AGAINST the rules. Bridgestone have a narrower front tyre than Michelin which make it more aero efficient. In the monaco qualifying for saturday Michelin dominated the session whilst the Bridgestone cars had trouble with their front tyres graining towards the end of the laps, which could suggets that they had to use the same compound for front and rears. So could they had been rumbled?
Re: Have Bridgestone been cheating?
Date: June 06, 2003 08:05AM
Posted by: matthewp
sounds possible, haven;t heard anything about it myself though

Date: June 06, 2003 08:10AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Yeah I've just read this. I hope it isn't true - it's been labelled a rumour at the moment.

Post Edited (06-06-03 15:11)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 06, 2003 08:25AM
Posted by: marcl
If its true u know what that means. All points scored by teams using them will be removed.

The only points they can keep is for Jordan as the reports say its onlt ferrari and maybe bar that have done this

Post Edited (06-06-03 15:29)

Date: June 06, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
But Bridgestone dont make tyres for different teams, they bring along sets of tyres and the teams choose which ones

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 06, 2003 11:19AM
It seems like BAR have been asking for the same tyres Ferrari are gonna use.

If this is true and different componds have been used on the front and rear all points scored in races that this has been done must be wiped out its cheating its like running a turbo engine. Tyres are one of the biggest factors in a race now days.

And please do not say teams would not know about it, its their responsibilty to make sure all parts of the car are legal before they go on the track.

And its no good saying the drivers can keep their points like we had with the fuel problems as they could gain a big advantage.

I also thought teams had to use the same compound of tyres on friday, sat and sun. Why did ferrari set their fastest time on thursday quali and change to hard tyres for Saturday. How is it fare that ferrari set the fastest times on thursday on tyres they never used again?
Date: June 06, 2003 11:39AM
Posted by: Oleg
I also thought teams had to use the same compound of tyres on friday, sat and sun. Why did ferrari set their fastest time on thursday quali and change to hard tyres for Saturday. How is it fare that ferrari set the fastest times on thursday on tyres they never used again?

Can't be bothered to check the rulebook again but you have to belive me that the teams decide their race compound before qualifying like it was for some time now.So it's just a creative use of loophole in the regulations by Bridgestone.Who wouldn do it?;-)

Anyway i thought that FIA randomly allocates the tyres so such things are almost impossible to do.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: June 06, 2003 11:41AM
Well its not very sporting is it Oleg.

Go out and set the fastest time on the Friday just to go out last on Sat and not use the same tyres, i say change this rule.

And I thought thursday was part of quali and tyres choices were made after the practice on the friday, my mate was saying they make their choice before the weekend so the tyres companies know what to take

Post Edited (06-06-03 18:46)

Date: June 06, 2003 12:32PM
And I thought thursday was part of quali and tyres choices were made after the practice on the friday, my mate was saying they make their choice before the weekend so the tyres companies know what to take

I quote 2003 FIA sporting regulations:

article77a)Before the second qualifying practice begins each driver must nominate which specification of tyre he will use for the remainder of the Event

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: June 06, 2003 12:34PM
well that rule should be changed, that prob why some teams are slower on a friday as they can not be arsed messing about switching compounds.

It did not work for ferrari in Monaco.
Date: June 06, 2003 12:38PM
The funny thing that it is highlighted as one of the rule changes for this year.:-o

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy