Date: December 20, 2012 01:54AM
Posted by: Slash
oh, Grosjean remains?

i guess he caused an impact

Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's a well known fact that Magazines read forums
> to gather information
> so here's just a little something for AUTOSPORT.
> good job on your internet website, charging money
> to internet folks, the biggest source of traffic,
> well done!

and now they're back. lol, what a FAIL!
gotta say, i used to visit their site at least 4 times a day. won't bother now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 04:26AM by Slash.
Re: The 2013 Formula One Season
Date: December 20, 2012 07:59PM
Posted by: EC83
Regarding Grosjean's speed - he has shown decent speed and been quicker than Kimi at times, but that's had more to do with Kimi not pushing as hard as he could than Grosjean actually being able to go faster. When it's really mattered, Kimi has annihilated Grosjean this year - on raw speed too, not just racecraft.
Hungary is a good example.

Date: January 16, 2013 12:26PM
Posted by: thestig88
Pedro De La Rosa signed as a Development driver for Ferrari, or to be more accurate, signed to stand around Ferrari garage in Ferrari uniform trying not to look bored as a "pretend" driver!
Date: January 16, 2013 10:42PM
Posted by: J i m
Ferrari's cyber test driver.

Date: January 17, 2013 07:19AM
Holy crap. De la Rosa's career must've had more twists and turns in it than a lap of the Nordschliefe, and it's still not done!

Date: January 19, 2013 03:25PM
Posted by: alexf1man
The white ring for sponsor logos is back on the Ferrari helmets (Kaspersky)

---

Also here is my list of Car Release dates (PDF format)...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2013 06:55PM by alexf1man.
Date: January 20, 2013 11:19PM
Posted by: gav
Apparently Glock is to leave Marussia - to be announced tomorrow.
Date: January 21, 2013 12:15AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
gav Wrote:
> Apparently Glock is to leave Marussia - to be
> announced tomorrow.

Which is definitely a surprise seeing as he upped his game considerably last season.

I expect to see Petrov or Senna in there, then.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 21, 2013 08:59AM
I'm wondering if he's off to Force India. He's too good a driver to be languishing at the back, and though you said he improved last year, I think he's been rather stale for the past couple of seasons and needs a change of scenery.

Frankly, so long as Sutil doesn't get the Force India seat, then I'm happy. We know he's no better than di Resta, so I'm struggling to see the logic in hiring him, unless he's still heavily backed. They might as well chuck Glock or Bianchi in it.

Of course, that could all change if the reports of Force India's financial issues are true... though I'm yet to read anything meaningful from a creditable source.
Date: January 21, 2013 11:02AM
Posted by: casabonka
[www.autosport.com]

Its official - Glock is leaving Marrussia. I wonder if that means there will be a home for someone like Kobayashi or Kovalainen?

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: January 21, 2013 12:03PM
Posted by: J i m
I suspect that very much depends on how much backing they can take with them and I suspect "not a lot".

It's almost certain that the Glock / Murussia split is commercial and not performance related much like the suspected Caterham / Kovalainen split. If Kovalainen doesn't attract enough backing for Caterham then he unlikely to for Maurussia either.

Kobayashi raised a surprisingly large amount from the Japanese public via his donation campaign however it still pails in comparison to the reputed packages the likes of Bruno, Petrov, Sutil bring.

I would assume that these three are automatic favourites depending on who F-India and Caterham plump for. Although I also expect Bianchi to be in the frame with a possible sweetener from Ferrari who have pledged to help him find a F1 race seat... A 2014 engine supply for the team who take him on perhaps.

In other news, Totto Wolf is to leave Williams to take up a Norbert Haug type role at Mercedes.

Date: January 22, 2013 02:00PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Can we have a list of launch dates please?? :)
Date: January 22, 2013 02:24PM
Posted by: flat tyre
And now there's talk of Paddy Lowe moving from McLaren to Mercedes, with Ross Brawn and Nick Fry both leaving!

Mercedes really are going aggressive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: January 22, 2013 03:13PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
So far:

McLaren: January 31
Ferrari: February 1
Force India: February 1
Sauber: February 2
Red Bull: February 3
Mercedes: February 4
Toro Rosso: February 4
Caterham: February 5
Williams: February 19

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 22, 2013 09:02PM
Posted by: chet
flat tyre Wrote:
> And now there's talk of Paddy Lowe moving from
> McLaren to Mercedes, with Ross Brawn and Nick Fry
> both leaving!
>
> Mercedes really are going aggressive.

They carry this on then all it will take is a small dip in car sales and some boss in his big chair will cross off F1 as if they never existed on the grid. Ala Toyota, BMW and Honda.

When people say Ferrari should be the only works team, I agree. Ferrari ARE racing.

Besides that, in all honesty I am enjoying the evolution of the Brackley team. They must be going hard for 2014, they surely see it as the best chance they have.

As for 2013, whoever is managing them, or their tech director they will win races on the fact that they have Lewis. I've said it, but it's a HUGE loss to Mclaren and a HUGE gain for Mercedes.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 22, 2013 09:58PM
Mercedes are looking increasingly desperate TBH. I don't think that team is really in control of itself.

Glock leaving Marussia can only be a good move for him IMO. His career had begun to stagnate there. He deserves a much better car.

Date: January 23, 2013 12:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well he's probably going to DTM by the look of it.

Shame, the guy had a lot of promise but never got to show it.
Date: January 23, 2013 09:00AM
Posted by: marcl
I actually think the changes Merc are making are for the better.

Brawn has had his chances to get the team back up front and keeps getting it wrong. The problem for him is the same problem MS had, testing. They can no longer test and test to put right car problems like they used to at Ferrari. MS was a mistake, and Nico just seemed to give up. F1 is no longer a sport where tyres are designed around one car, I just think when the field is more level both Brawn and MS no longer stand out. I do feel sorry for him in a way as he did save the team, but he just does not seem to able to take it that one step further anymore.

The are now meant to be getting Lowe from Mclaren, if anything Mclaren should be worrying they are now just a customer team like Force India etc. They are losing some of their best people.

Double DRS was a mistake and it totally compromised the car, they could not use the same time of rear wing others could use and this is what they now think hurt the tyres. It only ever gave them a few 10ths in quali it was a waste of time.

Even as Brawn they got lucky, they found a loop hole and won due to it. They started the year as the fastest car and ended the year with the 4th fastest car.

They need to make changes now so they can fight in 2014, I think 2013 will be another average year.
Date: January 23, 2013 09:23AM
marcl
They need to make changes now so they can fight in 2014, I think 2013 will be another average year.

8 poles and 7 wins is an average season? @#$%& hell.

McLaren would have won both titles last year if it wasn't for silly niggles in the pits and on the car. They will be challenging for the title next season - that much is for certain.

Saw yesterday that Button is 7:1 for the drivers title. I'm not a betting man, but as I'm sure he'll be unofficial number 1 in McLaren next season, that's very tempting.
Date: January 23, 2013 09:52AM
Posted by: marcl
I meant Merc Gav not Mclaren.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy