2012 Belgian Grand Prix. ***SPOILERS***

Posted by matt3454 
Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix. ***SPOILERS***
Date: September 02, 2012 03:16PM
Posted by: Slash
Kimi's move on Schumacher was pure aawesomeness

but Michael has no car to be there, it's all his head and his mental ability!!, what a train those 4
Date: September 02, 2012 03:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hmm Glock needs to get out of that team. He was great at Toyota. Maybe he can replace Schumi at Merc?
Date: September 02, 2012 03:55PM
Posted by: hasbriale
No Surprises.. Button won...

Disaster for Alonso and Lewis!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 03:55PM by hasbriale.
Date: September 02, 2012 04:31PM
Posted by: gav
Grosjean has to have a ban for that, surely? That wasn't Maldonado stupid, that was inches within taking a man's life.

The heart was beating like heck for a good while, not seeing Alonso climb out for a minute.

How the heck Kobayashi managed to carry on after that I've no idea. His right-front was assaulted by Alonso and Hamilton twice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 04:33PM by gav.
Date: September 02, 2012 04:50PM
Posted by: flat tyre
^ You're not the only one Gav. When I saw it unfolding I could see it coming, then thought Alonso had a VERY lucky miss, but when he didn't get out and the doctors were there I didn't know what to think... :( after accidents like these my hands start shaking, I've had it for a few others such as Kubica 2007 and Schumacher 2010 too. Not nice.

I think Maldonado's start made it all the more scary, because seeing his lightning start made the adrenaline high already!

But as for the rest of the race, what fantastic stuff! I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I saw Vettel in 2nd, I was hoping for Hulkenburg or Schumacher to get a podium. Well done to Button, though, I forgot he was even in the race for 99% of it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 02, 2012 05:29PM
Posted by: J i m
I don't know what the @#$%& that Italian journalist was upto suggesting the accident was Hamilton's fault but Niki Lauda typically took out the blunt knife and said if it was down to him then Grosjean would be banned for a couple of races.

I wouldn't want to apportion blame.. Yet he does seem to lack spatial awareness especially at the starts. He's defininitly one of the drivers along with Maldonaldo you expect to see calamity around when wheel to wheel racing. I think Charlie needs to take both aside into a quiet room and tell them "calm the @#$%& down".

It's a shame because Vettel and Kimi especially today showed how you can go wheel to wheel safely with respect and yet spectaculary.

Good race again though. Button's drive was reminiscent of a classic "Prost" race. Super consistent and deceptively slow, won at the slowest speed he could, lots in reserve. Vettel was also brilliant, good overtakes and made his tyres last. The other one stoppers were never going to work especially Senna's since he was neither quick enough nor kind enough to his tyres, the slow puncture changed nothing.

Date: September 02, 2012 05:41PM
Posted by: Slash
Grosjean has had too many 1st lap incidents already, far too many, even in Renault he took a lot of people in his first race, precisely here in Spa

if there's a pattern there's a fact.. what worries me is he never takes responsibility for his mistakes, he was saying he had to watch the video to see who was at fault, i mean really?, is he really THAT mentally challenged?

the guy has had some good races, because he has a good car, but at race starts he's a waste

the guy needs at least one or two race ban, there was no need to cross the whole track and push Hamilton TWICE, out of the track, with full fuel tanks, there's just no need to add stupidity to an already dangerous situation, he could've killed Alonso, or someone in the grandstands after that wheel took off... for a minute i tought Hamilton was going to hit him with that carbon fiber piece.
Date: September 02, 2012 05:46PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Grosjean has to have a ban for that, surely? That
> wasn't Maldonado stupid, that was inches within
> taking a man's life.
>
> The heart was beating like heck for a good while,
> not seeing Alonso climb out for a minute.

I'm watching the replay on the red button now - seeing Lewis's reaction; incredibly mild, I wouldn't have blamed him and Alonso for doing a Piquet Hockenheim '82 job on Grosjean.
This is beyond disgraceful, it's downright concerning. The guy is clearly not intelligent enough to drive an F1 car properly, and that makes him dangerous.

And yeah, I was holding my breath too, and when the replays of the start were shown on the live broadcast I was watching Alonso's helmet and not much else - my relief when I saw he hadn't been hit was overwhelming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 05:51PM by EC83.
Date: September 02, 2012 05:46PM
Grosjean has been banned for one race. Thankfully it's not a suspended ban either.

Where's a Piquet when you need one?
Date: September 02, 2012 05:48PM
Posted by: Carlitox
@slash IMO he won't get a ban. Don't take me wrong, I do want him to be out at least for Monza, but knowing the FIA stewards, he'll get a ten-place grid penalty. That was totally avoidable (you can replace that word with "stupid";).

On a side note, WHAT A MOVE by the Iceman!! I couldn't stop watching it over and over!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 02, 2012 05:51PM
As above, he has been given a ban.

Maldonado has also been handed a 5-place grid penalty for jumping the start, and another for hitting Petrov.
Date: September 02, 2012 05:53PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Grosjean banned for 1 race. Grosjean also fined 50,000 euros. Maldonado gets two five-place grid penalties in Monza for jumping start and causing a crash...

errrr... Maldonado really needs to make some friends within the stewards.....
Date: September 02, 2012 06:04PM
Posted by: Frantic
What happens when one driver recieves a ban? Can the reserve driver take the seat for the race or only 1 car is allowed to race?

Date: September 02, 2012 06:07PM
Posted by: EC83
Glad he's been banned - hopefully that decision will stand, it probably will since the team seem not to be interested in appealing.

Edit: Yeah, I'd imagine Lotus will put their 3rd driver in the car. (Which would be d'Ambrosio, as IWE has said below.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 06:11PM by EC83.
Date: September 02, 2012 06:07PM
Posted by: IWE
Frantic Wrote:
> What happens when one driver recieves a ban? Can
> the reserve driver take the seat for the race or
> only 1 car is allowed to race?

There will be replacement driver.. Most likely d'Ambrosio.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 02, 2012 06:08PM
Posted by: Carlitox
My mouth has officially been shut. Good decision though. Next on the list, Mr. Maldonado (whenever he causes his next mayhem)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Date: September 02, 2012 06:09PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Thank god the stewards saw sense and gave him a ban, I thought they'd just give him a slap on the wrists.

I'm pretty sure that another driver can take his place. I wonder if we'll see Jerome D'Ambrosio make a comeback?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 02, 2012 06:16PM
Posted by: Diax F1
As stated above, Grosjean said he needed a replay to find out who was at fault. REALLY?!

Fair play to Hamilton and Alonso for holding their tongue on that one in terms of laying into him - I honestly thought we would have seen a punch up.

So very glad he's been banned for Monza - and if Maldonado fancies carrying on with his crazy antics, he needs one as well. Both crazy (Martin Brundle was wearing a hardhat whilst passing that area on Sky Sports - seems he was spot on!).

Just wondering, when was the last time a driver was banned as a result of their antics on track? (I know BAR were banned for two races back in the mid 2000's for a fuel issue, but I can't recall when the last racing-related ban was?)

Date: September 02, 2012 06:17PM
Posted by: chet
Button was perfect. Literally, perfect.

Grosjean was silly and the penalty is fair, I am surprised Alonso's did not go mental about it, then again he has mellowed out apparently....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 02, 2012 06:17PM
Posted by: IWE
Carlitox Wrote:
> Next on the list, Mr. Maldonado (whenever
> he causes his next mayhem)

I guess he is permanently on the secure side thanks to good contacts and very thick wallet.. (N)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 06:19PM by IWE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy