OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD

Posted by mortal 
OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD
Date: February 09, 2002 03:06AM
Posted by: mortal
go for it :-) the fun starts here.........
here's a joke I heard today :-)
a pit-bull and a doberman are at the vet, the doberman asks the pit-bull, "What are you in for?" "I'm going to be put down" replied the pit-bull. "My owner came home after a night on the town covered in vomit and unfortunately I didn't recognize him and I tore huge chunks out of him" "Oh no, that's awful" said the doberman. "So what are you in for?" said the pitbull. "Well last night my mistress stepped out of the shower and bent over to pick up her stockings, I took one look and I just couldn't help myself" "Oh no, your gone, your going to put down too" said the pitbull. "No way, I'm just here to get my nails trimmed."

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD
Date: February 09, 2002 02:21PM
Posted by: Vader
wooof

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 03:21PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

LOL, i was expecting Vader to be in here asap but didnt expect that!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 09, 2002 07:14PM
QUOTE from [www.grandprix3.com]

Author: -Alex- (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: 02-09-02 10:23

Yes! "The Blue Whale's Tongue" is no longer a myth but a Legend once more!

Now let us try and re-live the good old days of the forum, what dya say guys?

I think it's time for some interesting facts! ;-)

-------------------------------------------
(¯`·._. ALEX ._.·´¯)

Well Alex, let's see what we can do. If there is a place for such interesting data it is most definitely in this thread - hence it is called THE OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD. I will, however, not repeat the blue whale thing and certainly not the one about the "Axillary sea- bream (Pagellus acarne)". Today I would like to share some other valuable data with you. I will tell you something rather interesting about the nice and cuddly soft toy of the sea:

THE JELLYFISH

Over 200 different species, or types of jellyfish are found throughout the world's oceans and seas. These invertebrates, animals lacking backbones, belong to the phylum Cnidaria (ny-DARE-ee-uh). They come in many shapes and sizes, ranging from the tiny, spherical thimble jellyfish of the Caribbean to the largest jellyfish of them all, the Arctic lion's mane, whose tentacles may stretch over 100 feet in length. But what exactly are these creatures that are neither jelly nor fish? Is there anything else to them beyond their stinging reputation? The word "jellyfish" often brings to mind a white, gelatinous blob encountered on the beach, and many people react to jellyfish with instant fear. Although they do not resemble any other animals on earth, and appear quite bizarre, they are relatives of sea anemones and coral. Let's take a closer look at these beautiful and mysterious creatures so well suited to life in in the ocean.

Jellyfish can be found in all the world's oceans, and a few even inhabit freshwater. Over 95% water themselves, they have no heart, blood, brain, or gills.

The bell, or body of a jelly fish has one or more mouths on its central oral surface. Some jellyfish have frilly oral arms around the mouth. Jellyfish feed on small, drifting animals called zooplankton - which includes other jellyfish, juvenile fish and larval crustaceans. Tentacles, long string-like structures that surround the bell rim, trap food. These tentacles can be longer or shorter than the diameter of the jellyfish's bell.

Despite limited sense organs, jellyfish can smell, taste and remain balanced in the water. Special sacs, located on the bell rim, help jellyfish maintain balance. When a jellyfish shifts too far to one side or the other, the sacs stimulate nerve endings to contract muscles that re-orient the jellyfish in the correct direction (similar balance maintaining sacs are also found in the inner ear of humans). Jellyfish also have light sensing organs around the bell rim, and although jellyfish cannot detect objects, they can distinguish light from dark. Jellyfish can sense smells and tastes using chemoreceptors. Touch receptors on the tentacles, oral arms, and around the mouth sense movement and help jellyfish find food.

In addition to swimming, jellyfish are carried by wind, waves, and currents. They swim using jet propulsion. Special muscles, called coronal muscles, embedded on the underside of the bell push water out of the hollow bell. As water is pushed in one direction, the jellyfish moves in the opposite direction. While this may not seem to be very effective, one species of Mediterranean jellyfish that is only an inch and a half in diameter can move up and down the water column 3600 feet in one day; the equivalence of a 33 mile swim for a six foot tall person!

Some jellyfish, like the moon jellyfish develop in four distinct stages: the larval stage, the polyp stage, the ephyrae (e-FIE-ruh) stage, and the medusa stage. An adult female jellyfish produces eggs and holds them around her mouth. The male jellyfish then releases sperm into the water, and the female uses her oral arms and tentacles to bring in the sperm and fertilize her eggs. The eggs stay on the jellyfish's oral arms and grow into round, flat at larvae that are released into the water. The larvae are carried through the water until they find a hard surface which they attach to, such as a rock or a shell. After the larvae settle they develop into polyps, which resemble sea anemones. Polyps usually develop over a period lasting a few months, but
JPEG 20K
may live for several years producing clones, or exact copies of themselves during that time. At the end of this period polyps begin to form horizontal grooves that deepen through the body until the single polyp is transformed into a stack of individuals, much like a stack of pancakes. Flattened polyps enter the third stage of development as they break off the stack one by one and swim away. These young jellyfish (called ephyrae) now begin to resemble the familiar adult form called a medusa, as they develop tentacles and oral arms. A jellyfish in the medusa stage lives 2-6 months, usually perishing in rough waters.

Jellyfish are most known and avoided for stinging cells, located on the tentacles and other body parts. The stinging cell consists of a capsule with a sensory hair, a lid and an interior nematocyst, (nee-MAT-o-sist) which actually stings, captures and subdues prey. When the sensory hair is triggered by another animal's movements, the nematocyst fires from the capsule, much like a harpoon. A nematocyst fires in only a few milliseconds, making this cellular process one of the fastest in nature.

Even a jellyfish that has washed ashore should not be handled, since moist nematocysts may still fire. The stings of some jellyfish may be quite painful, causing reactions ranging from mild rashes to death. The most dangerous jellyfish is the Australian box jelly which has toxin more potent than cobra venom (which can kill a person in less than five minutes). Despite its stinging cells, some animals do eat jellyfish. The ocean sunfish (Mola mola), and leatherback sea turtles are two kinds of animals that feed primarily on jellyfish. Certain species of jellyfish prey upon other types of jellyfish, and some people even consider jellyfish quite a delicacy.

Although feared by swimmers, most jellyfish are harmless to human beings. In fact, these graceful creatures can benefit people and should be appreciated. Several different kinds of jellyfish are being used to treat certain cancers and heart diseases. Continuing research may discover other medical areas in which jellyfish will be useful. Some jellyfish are even beneficial to other animals, offering shelter in open water for tiny fish and crabs that travel carefully under their jellyfish host. The East Coast sea nettle, found most often in the Chesapeake Bay, may actually help the oyster population by eating an oyster predator, another gelatinous animal called the comb jelly. Comb jellies eat oyster larvae in large numbers, thus potentially reducing the amount of mature oysters available for harvest. The fewer comb jellies there are in the Bay, the more oysters there can be in the Bay. So although we do not like it when there are many sea nettles in the Bay, if they are eating comb jellies, the oysters appreciate them -- and so do the people!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 07:22PM
Posted by: LS.
its all well talking about the jellyfish, but what about the soca trout?

The Soca Trout is a vertebrate. The trout is covered with scales, it has a big mouth with strong teeth. It has dark specks on its head.

The Soca trout is an olive-brown colour. It's 500-700mm long. The largest found was 1400mm long. It weights around 2400g.

Before the Soca Trout grows up it eats female colts and other bugs that come into the water . When the trout grows up it eats smaller fish.

Environment:
The Soca Trout is endemic to the Soca River and the river's tributaries and some of the other rivers that flow to the Adriatic see from Dinara mountains.

Problems:
Because the Soca Trout has been cross-bred with its relative the Brook Trout, this has almost led to it's extinction.
We cannot be sure whether there is a single trout that is not some kind of cross-breed in the river itself, but the pure species has been found in the tributaries in the upper part of the river basin , where the waterfalls separated the streams from the lower parts of the river.

Solutions:
I think people should not be allowed to introduce the Brook Trout in the Soca River any more. Now Slovenia's ecologist breed thoroughbred trout and introduce it into the upper streams of the Soca River basin.

Summary:
I have decided to present the Soca Trout because I like rivers and I think that people interfere too much in the nature's world.
I learnt how easy it is to damage the eco-system and how difficult it is to correct the people' s mistakes.

References:
References: I found all the information in book Nature protection in Slovenia and in Natural -history museum in Ljubljana where I learned a lot and the visit there was really instructive.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 09, 2002 07:23PM
and don't even get me started on the hammer head shark

Not much is known about shark behaviour because it is a challenge for researchers to take notes underwater, or under attack!

Scalloped Hammerhead sharks are notorious for swishing about, doing corkscrews, etc., but no one knows for certain whether that is just shark aerobics, or part of a mating ritual which has changed very little since it was first described by the Marquis de Sade.

There is no doubt that sharks are seeking some oral gratification, so a possibility exists that sharks mistake surfers and swimmers for potential mates.

Imagine yourself as a teenage shark searching the underworld for a mating opportunity when - lo and behold - a shimmering female shadow beckons on the surface; up you zip to nibble a little fin but instead discover some surfer's arm or leg hanging in your mouth.

Like children who get a plastic doll at McDonald's and then discover the arms and legs fall off, most sharks abandon the surfer and carry on searching for true love, but some sharks are like that typical brat who screams, "You tricked me, you (expletive: rascal? Ronald?) and I'm gonna get you good!" and then batters the doll to bits.

Shark history is millions of years longer than surfer history, so sharks instinctively know they musn't leave one little shred of evidence behind because, if discovered, for the next forty years other sharks would taunt them with, "Hey, look! There's Dum Dum Shark! He can't tell the difference between a surfboard and a female!" every time they pass by.

Such mistakes can happen because, like surfers, scalloped hammerhead sharks also like to hang loose, hovering near the surface, endlessly waiting for The Big One. This habit gave the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology the unique opportunity to become the first biologists to document suntanning in lower vertebrates.

The HIMB study revealed melanin content in hammerhead sharks increased by 14% over 21 days, and doubled to 28% over 215 days, so it could be that sharks are just checking out tan lines, or perhaps - like tourists and surfers everywhere - just searching for a really good remedy for a painful sunburn.

WHY DO SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARKS CIRCLE THEIR PREY?

Anyone with a surfboard can answer that question! Sharks can detect scent or sound of prey from about 2 miles (3+km) away but, like surfboards, sharks have no brakes!

Like surfers - or children riding scooters or a bicycle without brakes, the solution is to circle down until you can stop where you want. This also gives sharks an opportunity to identify, study, plan, and come to grips with their prey.

Scalloped hammerhead sharks can NOT see directly in front, so if your eyes were where your ears are, you would quickly see the advantage in circling your dinner (and everyone would thank you for circling before you parked your car).

DOES THE SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARK REALLY EAT SCALLOPS?

Why snack when you can eat steak?

Hammerhead sharks have never been observed feeding on anything but surfers and swimmers during daylight hours, but a recent study by the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology mostly found snapping shrimp in the bellies of an abundant population of of juvenile scalloped hammerhead sharks in beautiful Kaneohe Bay (also populated by U.S. Marines), on the island of Oahu, in Hawaii.

HIMB researchers were surprised to find their sharks only ate about 1% of their (?) body weight each day (the report did not reveal whether that 1% belonged to a researcher, a snapping shrimp, a Marine, or another shark).

Stomachs of adult scalloped hammerhead sharks, in Hawaii, reveal an appetite for bony fish - especially needle fish, eels, squid, octopus, shrimp and lobster, a diet which clearly establishes hammerhead sharks are using their heads to find food, much the same as French pigs use their snouts to find truffles.

WHY DO SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARKS HAVE SUCH WEIRD HEADS?

Academics have long believed the hammerhead shark came into being when some prehistoric, disgruntled shark teenager tried to look different from all the other sharks and banged his head against the wall a few times just to attract attention, but the teenage mutant theory was discredited by DNA tests indicating hammerhead sharks were indeed an original creation.

In shark culture, the scalloped hammerhead shark is immediately identifiable by five dents in the front rim of its skull. Most people don't like to get close enough to make that observation, but it is commonly seen in large, overbearing females (females are genetically larger than male hammerhead sharks).

Scalloped Hammerhead sharks can outmaneuver (and consume) other sharks, so Academics have long held the belief that having a flat head - with eyes where ears should be - gives Hammerhead sharks an advantage over other sharks, i.e., the head shape promotes an hydroplane lift, enabling hammerhead sharks to make sharper turns than other sharks; eyes and nostrils positioned at either side of the head also give hammerhead sharks a distinct advantage in tracking prey.

In fact, Hammerhead sharks butt heads like billy goats, which they certainly would NOT do if their eyes were out there in front looking at what they were doing!

We now know all organisms generate an electrical field, and the Scalloped Hammerhead shark's head works just like a metal detector or a marine mine detector, it scans an area for electrical impulses of organisms. Hammerhead sharks also use their heads to pin down prey until they can sink their teeth into it.

WHY DO SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARKS GO TO SCHOOL?

Academics are mystified by the tendency of hammerhead sharks to form large schools. Although there is an unending list of reasons why this could be, none has been established as gospel.

A school of 100+ scalloped hammerhead sharks is about as attractive as going to Columbine High School, yet those who dropped into a shark school report that most of the in-crowd appear to be females and youngsters looking to make a name for themselves. That doesn't sound much different than a typical Native American Indian Pow Wow, i.e., a social get-together where singles can see what and where their prospects are, and match-makers can employ those arts to perpetuate the species.

WOULD A SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARK EAT MY MOTHER-IN-LAW?

Your mother-in-law is probably fond of horses because horses can NOT regurgitate; the scalloped hammerhead shark CAN - and does, so beware!

WHAT IS THE LATIN NAME FOR THE SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARK?

More interesting is the story of how it was named. American history books never report the native version of events, so you probably don't know that when Captain Cook arrived in the "Sandwich Islands" and found the natives were friendly, he invited some of the Hawaiians aboard the Bounty. One of the guests was a little Hawaiian girl named Alohalani, whose mother had become friendly with a member of the crew, a Welshman from Ynyswbwl named Dai Jones (aka "Jones-the-Spy";).

Alohalani was very bright, and quickly learned to speak English (albeit with a Rhondda Valley accent). Alohalani learned that the English called a toilet "the loo" to honour the Sun King, Louis XIV of France, because it was the only place in the civilised world where the sun didn't shine. So when Captain Cook was having difficulty explaining the definition of "bounty" to Hawaiians, Alohalani happened to look down the marine toilet, see three hammerhead sharks, and piped up, "Its three in the loo, isn't it?"

By the time Captain Cook got a look, only one scalloped hammerhead shark was there to be seen. Because Alohalani could not make the "th" sound very well, the shark was recorded as, "Sphryna lewini" which was Cook's phonetic spelling of "'s free inna loo in i?"

Naturally, neither Englishman, Welshman, nor American was about to let history reveal a woman - especially a native girl - had anything to do with the conquest of the New World, so the credit was given to Uncle Lew, a white man who could be relied up to keep his mouth shut for a price.

Students should remember the academic term for a Scalloped Hammerhead Shark is "Sphyrna lewini", but give all the credit to Uncle Lew on tests, otherwise your teacher will give you an "F" which is a British, Welsh, and American abbreviation for: "Fat chance you have of graduating from this class!"

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE SCALLOPED HAMMERHEAD SHARK?

The future may look bright when one heads the food chain, but looks are deceiving. Just like a school bully, true friends are in short supply.

Approximately 100,000 tons (2,000 metric tons) of sharks are caught in Hawaiian waters every year, and another 150 metric tons are brought to Hawaii from other Pacific locations. Of this total, about 86% are killed only for their fins (believed by some people to be an aphrodisiac) and, like the great American bison (buffalo) - the remaining carcass is discarded.

The meat of the other 14% is eaten fresh, fresh frozen, dried, salted or smoked for human consumption, the shark's skin becomes some leather product, its teeth are sold to collectors, the cartilage and oil for vitamins are sold to the do-it-your-self health market, and anything left over is intended to keep your pussy purring.

Perhaps "shark" deserves a another definition!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 09, 2002 07:25PM
pheew, nearly wore out my keyboard typing all that stuff ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 09, 2002 07:31PM
I know how this feels. Exhausting ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 07:36PM
hey maybe we should subscribe to www.endurablekeyboardworld.com

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 09, 2002 07:47PM
If we are talking about animals in here, how come we never took a closer look at the wombat (Vombatus ursinus)? We all know mate mortalwombat (vombatus postus), but have we ever thought about the Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat (Lasiorhinus latifrons)? This species is now found in only a few areas of South Australia, including the Gawler Ranges, the southern portion of the Nullabor, and west of Penong. They used to be distributed much more widely.

Physical Characteristics
Mass: 30 to 40 kg.

The southern hairy-nosed wombat is a squat quadruped with short, thick limbs that are equipped with short flattened claws. Its tail is reduced. Its proportions are typical of digging mammals. These are the smallest of the wombats, attaining a meter in length at most. They have a large, broad head that sports small eyes and pointed ears. The two incisors on the upper and lower jaws fit together for gnawing, are chiseled, and they have enamel only on the front surfaces. With no canines present, these animals also have a large diastema separating the incisors and cheeckteeth. Traces of cheek pouches are also present. Often likened to a large badger, it is also considered to resemble the bear and pig. The fur of this wombat covers the entire body, including the nose, hence its name.

Though often slow going, these marsupials have been known to play with appearingly limitless energy. Their strength and reports of their ability to run at approximately 40 km/hr have earned them the nickname "bulldozers of the bush," as they trample down any obstacles in their path .

They are also characterized by a marsupial pouch that opens posteriorly.

Natural History

Food Habits
This species is mainly nocturnal, feeding upon grasses, roots, sedges, bark, and fungi which are often highly fibrous and low in water and protein. The native Australian plants on which they feed have a high concentration of silica, which is vary abrasive to the teeth of these animals and easily erodes them. L. latifrons have teeth that grow continuously though their lifetime.

Due to the arid environment in which this species lives, it has developed some means of conserving water. First, the animal spends much of the hot day in its cool warren, causing its body temperature to fall. This conserves both energy and water. The resting metabolic rate also falls, becoming much slower in L.latifrons than in that of its cousin the Common Wombat. Secondly, the digestive period is very slow (8 days), which allows for maximum extraction of nutrition. Lastly, the kidneys of this species are egg-shaped in appearance with a larger number of collecting ducts per square millimeter in the medulla. The increased length of the proximal section of the nephron and its degree of convolution indicate result in a larger surface area than other species of wombats. This increased surface area allows maximum water absorption. and maximum secretion of unwanted substances. Hence, urinary pH is significantly lower, and levels of sodium, chloride, urinary ammonia, creatinine, and plasma sodium are higher than other wombat species.

Reproduction
Though breeding can occur at any time of year, most young are born from September to December. The female marsupium, or pouch, opens posteriorly and has two nipples. Though two offspring are sometimes born, there is usually only one at birth. It remains in the mother's pouch for six to nine months. After exiting th pouch, the offspring follows its mother for nearly another year and tends to play biting games. Young become sexually mature at 2 to 3 years of age. Male aggressive behavior is usually restricted to around the time of breeding. Most wild wombats can be expected to live up to five years or more, while those in captivity have lived up to twenty years.

Behavior
All wombats are diggers, as is suggested by their powerful front limbs. The burrows range from short (2 to 5 m) to extensive network systems of 20 to 30 m. The animal uses the short, flattened claws of the strong front limbs to dig into a hillside or creek slope. Rocks and loose earth are pused out by the back legs. Animals then rotate, lying on their sides to enlarge the sides and roof.

L. latifrons is a social species and often congregates in groups of 5 to 10 animals of both sexes. The warren system is constructed with a central set of burrows usually occupied by the males, while the females reside in smaller warrens within a 150m radius.

These wombats spend most of the day sleeping in their burrows. Feeding primarily at night, they have few natural predators. I t is likely that only a dingo could take an adult. The only other animal large enough to possibly be able to harm a small wombat would be a Wedge-tail Eagle, and these are diurnal. Should any fox or dog chase a wombat into its burrow, it is met with grunting sounds similar to those made by a pig, and it risks being crushed to death against the wall of the burrow by the wombat's 30 kg or more mass.

Habitat
L. latifrons lives primarily in arid regions.

Biomes: desert

Economic Importance for Humans

Positive
Before being protected by law, it was often hunted for the value of its fur pelt.

Negative
Due to their strength and determination, they often push through farm fences, leaving a hole large enough for undesirable intruders such as dingos, foxes and rabbits.

Conservation

This species of wombat has seen its range drastically reduced since the coming of the first Europeans. Due to deforestation, farming requirements and insatiable human desire for pasture lands, the availability of the wombat's once plentiful habitat has shrunk. There are conflicting views as to whether or not this specie is common. Some experts list it as being plentifully and others as "not a common animal even in preferred habitats". What is certain is that though wombats are protected, they are often shot as vermin. They also tend to be frequent victims of cars due to their nocturnal habits and slow going.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 07:48PM
In case this is still not enough check this out:

[www.wombat.or.jp]

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 07:55PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

One day, when I'll need to know all about wombats and sharks, I'll have this page bookmarked rearing to go. Thanks guys :D

I once said this useless fact a while ago (in the hey day of this forum - Pretty much the time Alex did the Blue Whales tongue thing) -- A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.

Now is that cool or what!?

Date: February 09, 2002 08:42PM
At age 47, the Rolling Stones' bassist, Bill Wyman, began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother's blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill's 30-year-old son Stephen married Mandy's mother, age 46. That made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own grandpa.

Yeah, yeah, it's only rock'n'roll but I like it ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 10:05PM
Since we already discussed the subject of pitbulls in a funny way, it might be considered appropriate by a certain kind of people that you and me know very well - and we don't need to mention their names in here - who are [sic!] enough to enjoy another pitbull joke.

A woman was leaving a 7-11 with her morning coffee when she noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery. A long
black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet
behind.
Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman walking a pit bull on a
leash.
Behind her were 200 women walking single file.
The woman couldn't stand the curiosity.
She respectfully approached the woman walking the dog and said "I
am so sorry for your loss, and I know now is a bad time to disturb you,
but I've never seen a funeral like this, " Whose funeral is it?" The
woman replied "Well, that first hearse is for my husband."
"What happened to him?" The woman replied "My dog attacked and
killed him."
She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?"
The woman answered, "My mother-in-law.
She was trying to help my husband when the dog turned on her." A
poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two women.
"Can I borrow the dog?"
"Get in line."

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 10:19PM
If you don't like dogs you might find these japanese joke funny:

A farmer runs up to another farmer with a mouse inverted in the palm of his hand. "Look at the big mouse I just caught!" he said.
The other farmer says, "He's not so big; I can see his tail."
"No, no, okii da!", the first farmer replies.
"Chiisai da."
"Okii da!"
"Chiisai da!"
"Okii da!"
Finally, the mouse says, "Chuu, chuu!"

If you do, let me know. Everyone who can explain this to me is askeed to write down the meaning of this joke on a postcard and send it to our office

Larth Vader
The One and Only Master Of Disaster Productions
Behind the Tombstone 31
666 Netherworlds

or contact me via e-mail.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 09, 2002 10:23PM
the (---.mcbone.net) has gone again. Mysterious!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 10, 2002 03:03AM
Posted by: _Alex_
DID YOU KNOW...

Flat out F1 cars at a maximum speed of 360kph will have engines revving typically to 18000rpm. In just one second, the engine goes through 300 revolutions and 1500 ignitions, while the pistons cover a totalt of 25 metres in their oscillations. In that second the car itself covers 100 metres, and the wheels turn 50 times!

On the off chance of an F1 car completing the entire season without breaking down, it would still only have done just under an eighth of the trip around the equator - a distance of just 3219 miles. It would have used around 804 gallons of fuel, whereas a car would have required just 80 gallons to cover the same distance!

Tarso Marques would lag four days behind Michael Schumacher in a race to the moon, and would take just under 12 weeks to make the trip. A road car would take 20 weeks to cover the 238, 857 miles!

Using the avergae speed of last year's French GP, Michael Schumacher would have taken just eight and a helaf days to circumnavigate the earth in his Ferrari. Amazingly, Tarso Marques would have been only nine and a half hours behind over the 24, 901 mile distance. A standard road car would have taken twice as long travelling at 70mph!

During a Grand Prix, a driver can lose up to two kilos of weight and burn up to 600 calories!

Over the course of a season a typical leading F1 team generates around 36.8 gigabytes of data, including testing. That's enough to fill 30 CDs with data!

Never have so few been watched by so many. F1 received 24, 331 hours of TV coverage during the 2000 season, viewed by a totalt of 53 billion people in 195 different countries!

During a season, an F1 team will on average get through 900 tyres and 170 engines! Expensive stuff!

Thanks to Autosport for the facts!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 10, 2002 04:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

In the Maylayisa GP 2000 each driver on avarage managed to sweat away over 6 litres of water, whilst onely haveing one litre avalialbe to drink in-race

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 10, 2002 04:54AM
"During a Grand Prix, a driver can lose up to two kilos of weight and burn up to 600 calories!"

I don't want to sound like a pedant, but it should rather be kikocalories since this is - kcal - is the unit. People ussually say "calories" but that's not quite right. An egg for example has about 80 kcal (80 kilocalories/ 80.000 calories). Actually the unit to use is KJ (Kilojoule). However, if your data is right - and why shouldn't it - Grand Prix racing seems to be as straining as a hot night of unlimited passion (wink wink nudge nudge)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 10, 2002 05:52AM
Posted by: -=Chris Burkitt=-
Haemoglobin withstands 0.9879011542323 Pascals of pressure when inserted into a PgTips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy