Good 81 season physics and sounds ?

Posted by palmer 
Re: Good 81 season physics and sounds ?
Date: May 23, 2003 01:37AM
Posted by: palmer
Ok Jacki I try to translate what I said in English.
To begin I don't understand why the pages web don't open up for you because I have just retry with the addresses that I gave to you and that works very well.
On the site that I indicated to you they say then well that in 1980 the cars only had 5 speeds and max speed was about 290 KM/H and in 1981 the Brabham had 5 or 6 speeds according to the circuits and max speed was about 330 KM/H (thanks to the 6 ème).
Otherwise I follow to try to create a good physics for the year 1981 without worrying me about the turbo cars and non-turbo cars.
I'd want to know which value I can modify to have more rear wheel-spin and how to block the brakes more easily without touching to the power of braking?
To finish I found a realistic sound but on the other hand as you say it I am obliged to go up to 16000 RPM to have realistic sound.
I hope you understand all what I said.
Date: May 23, 2003 01:57AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I guessed a fair portion of what you said, but thank you for the translation to clarify everything.

Try playing with the tyre grip and slip angle in Aubrey Windle's Grand Prix 3 Advanced Physics Editor and see what sort of results you get regarding wheelspin.

In the 1977 and 1985 physics that I am working on, I currently tentatively have the following tyre grip and slip angles:

1977 1830 -14.00
1985 1890 -12.25

Since your year of interest, 1981, sits squarely in between 1977 and 1985, perhaps this might help you a bit.

Altering the car weight distribution with the GP3APE will probably affect the ease and likelihood of either the front or rear brakes locking up.

Post Edited (05-23-03 09:04)
Date: May 23, 2003 05:31AM
Ok thanks a lot for these explications I'm going to try some modifications.
Date: May 23, 2003 07:16AM
Posted by: FRobert
As a middle age man myself... I was sitting in the opposite side of the hairpin in 1980 for the qualif of the Montréal Grand Prix... Yes I remembered Gilles Villeneuve in the Ferrari!!! As a french canadian I don't have a lot of troubles with French!!!
Yesterday, I tried, in a hurry, to work with sounds. In my sound editor I was abble to change the pitch of the sound without problems. But in the game I got a horrible scretching sound... nails on a blackboard was nothing compared to what I got! I didn't had time to work on the sounds but I'm sure I will be abble to figure something out of it.
I also found this: [www.grandprix-x.com]
It's an old sound from a Ferrari GT0... It's very very dirty and full of low thunderous screetch... I think that with the editor it would sound very neet!
I'll send both of you copies of those sounds!
I'll keep you posted on Monday... Vroouum!
Date: May 23, 2003 09:26AM
Ok Thanks.
Date: May 23, 2003 04:37PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
I know about the screeching that sometimes happens when you try to use a sound from another game in GP3 or try to modify a GP3 sound.

I you look at the size of the wav file in the GP3 sound dat file as shown by the GP3SoundEditor in such cases, you will find that it shows the file size as being only about 8kb.

I suspect that GP3 can only accomodate wav files of a certain size range and this is what happens when a file is too large or too small?

There have been quite a number of good older sounds made for other games such as Sports Car GT, Grand Prix 2 and Grand Prix Legends, but they either need to have their pitch increased to sound okay in GP3, or in other cases they often won't work, probably for the reason above.
Date: May 24, 2003 08:19AM
Posted by: Frankbob
This is SOOO bizarre!!! I,m able to obtain a pretty good sound (higher pitch) When I look at the file size i'ts about 276k compared to what it was: 28?. In The GP3soundeditor I always got the same size file, in slot 0 and 1 291939 (k) and the sound file replacing it is smaller!!! Go figure! When I replay those sounds I got a lot of screetching and some other sounds mixed up with them (upshift, tire screetching, start engine etc) This is so weird!!! I'll keep working!

Frankbob
Date: May 24, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Hello guys

Please take a look at the topic "Realistic 2003 Physics: let's develop it!".
It would be great if you may help me. :)

Thank you

See ya
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy