Old Monaco track?

Posted by FRobert 
Old Monaco track?
Date: May 22, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: FRobert
AQny older version of the Monaco track ( ±1980) available on the net?
Re: Old Monaco track?
Date: May 22, 2003 02:33PM
Posted by: X_Acto
Nop, the older one is from 1991 track pack.

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: May 22, 2003 03:26PM
Posted by: daveb
u can't get the old chicane/ no chicand

Date: May 22, 2003 07:05PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
The Monaco track in my 1991 track graphics pack is just Bruno Gourdo's earlier Monaco 2001 track with some different graphics. The track configuration is the same and is not quite correct for 1991 because from 1986 to 1996 the entry to La Piscine (the swimming pool) was slightly different than what it was changed to in 1997. However, this change was so picayune, that it is probably virtually unnoticeable to all but the most observant, and it scarcely seems worth the effort to make a technically accurate 1986-1996 Circuit de Monaco, as this very small difference in the track configuration made very little difference in the circuit or the laptimes recorded on it.

It's a different matter entirely with the 1976-1985 Circuit de Monaco which still had the old chicane after the tunnel, rather than the much more severe "Nouvelle Chicane" that was constructed in 1986, and slowed laptimes very appreciably.

No one has made this 1976-1985 Circuit de Moncaco for Grand Prix 3, nor any other earlier years' versions of the Circuit de Monaco, which had further greater differences from the current circuit.
Date: May 23, 2003 09:52AM
Posted by: bigears
I remember one guy called Nik at the Track Editor forum. He tried to make it then he got a new job at then so he dropped the project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: May 23, 2003 03:17PM
Posted by: CupidSTUnt
I seem to remember there was an old version of the Monaco circuit made for GP2, could this be converted to GP3?

Cheers Stu
Date: May 23, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
That one has the old chicane. It also probably has the old swimming pool entry, but the difference in that is so slight that it's hard to tell.

GP2 tracks are much less detailed and accurate than the better GP3 tracks and converting them well to GP3 is not at all easy. I strongly suspect that much better results could be obtained by modifying Bruno Gourdo's Monaco 2001 GP3 track into the earlier Monaco circuit.
Date: May 24, 2003 01:25PM
Posted by: CupidSTUnt
No this one doesn't have a chicane or a swimming pool, it goes straight on after the tunnel. It's the circuit layout last used in 1972. I've just had a look at it in GP2.

Cheers Stu

Post Edited (05-24-03 20:27)
Date: May 24, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: daveb
the problem with the gp2 track is the graphics on it on an out of the box conversion (not stripped) go all teh way cross tehtrack

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy