GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: November 13, 2013 09:13PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
You have to adjust the UV-values of the object's faces at the vertexes to fit it perfectly. In the user guide of GP4 Builder you'll find detailed information about it.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 15, 2013 11:35AM
Posted by: TomMK
@Laurent - GP4 Builder crashes if you enter a large number (by accident) in the "Modify Track Sectors" - "Last Sector" box. Something you can fix please?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: November 20, 2013 06:35PM
Posted by: Lo2k
You will have to displace the mapping on x axis... either with the mouse mapping editing button to edit it in realtime or by entering a small U displacement value (like 0.02)

Date: November 23, 2013 11:02AM
Posted by: ramf1v
noob question :) How do I move a vertex on a mesh ? When I go down to vertex level and select move, the entire object moves.

tia

F1Dev
Date: November 23, 2013 08:03PM
@Ramf1v : I believe it's because you are editing a small object. Go into Préférences\Computation and change Influency distance to 0.
Influency distance apply the same move to nearby vertice in the range of selected vertex.

Date: November 23, 2013 11:20PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Ramf1v : I believe it's because you are editing a
> small object. Go into Préférences\Computation
> and change Influency distance to 0.
> Influency distance apply the same move to nearby
> vertice in the range of selected vertex.

Cool, like soft selection in Max, I should study the manual, but I'm waiting for the training dvd ;-)

thx

F1Dev
Date: November 24, 2013 10:02AM
lol, yep, I used to work with Max a long time ago and borrowed this handy feature :)

Date: November 25, 2013 11:40AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Laurent, when the banks have a (strong) vertical offset the kerbs won't follow this offset, resulting in floating or invisible kerbs.

A solution for this is to increase or decrease the height of the verges, but it would be nice that kerbs automatically follow the vertical direction of the banks. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 25, 2013 05:51PM
Hmm, yep, in that case, manual tweaking is needed after creation if banks height is changing greatly over sectors.
I will see if I can add an option to make values relative to verges height (but I fear computing final kerbs values will be a nightmare)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2013 05:54PM by Lo2k.
Date: December 25, 2013 10:03PM
Posted by: littleone90
Hi, and merry christmas to all!
one question: i have delete the old pitsands of Ti Aida 1994 and imported the 2013 pitstands. i have also added a bridge with the 5 starting light.
the problem is that when i go in gp4 builder i see all that changes, but in game i can't see the bridge and the pitstands in onboard cam (only tv camera).
anyone know how to fix it?

Date: December 26, 2013 05:44PM
Select each of these objects and check that the "camera" setting is set to 0...

Date: December 26, 2013 05:55PM
Posted by: littleone90
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Select each of these objects and check that the
> "camera" setting is set to 0...

yes, they are all 0.. what i have to write instead of the 0?

Date: January 16, 2014 06:48PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me the exact width of the track sidelines in GP4 Builder?
Date: January 18, 2014 12:30AM
Posted by: auscain
Atticus
Can someone tell me the exact width of the track sidelines in GP4 Builder?

I believe 0.36 is the number you are looking for:-)
Date: January 18, 2014 01:33AM
Thanks. I made kerbs placed over them to replicate partial white lines on a track and estimated it to be 0.37. Not bad. :-)

(Otherwise I'll click tarmac covers sidelines - I found sidelines to behave strangely if simply using tarmac texture on them.)
Date: January 18, 2014 02:02AM
Yes, some tracks are painted with the sidelines inside the kurbs or partly.
Lo2k has spent some time making behaviors for textures changeable. In the Parts-surface properties hit the Change button. You probably saw that before...
For me I don't want the overlay (from the .bin file) covering the sideline(B)
Date: January 18, 2014 07:05PM
Nah, I meant they behave strangely graphically - on my VIR, I initially forgot to check tarmac covers sidelines, simply used a tarmac texture on it, and it merged very oddly with the main track. Also, it didn't show car shadows, it was a mess - luckily, I was just lazy and forgot to check the above box, but this time (now it's a Silverstone 1950-1974 layout) it was a real option to depict the track's sidelines-only-in-certain-corners feature.
Date: January 18, 2014 10:54PM
Have you tried using Jip mapping?
Date: January 19, 2014 12:52AM
Not yet, I was not familiar with the concept up to now, but now that I read how to do it, it appears suitable.

Thanks for the tip.

Still, I think kerbs disguised as white sidelines by making them very very low and applying the standard white line .tex on them will do the trick - the real reason for not trying .jip mapping now is that I already made the kerb version. If it proves to be ugly or bumpy, then I'll definitely try .jip mapping (I've not tested it yet, I've yet to make the pitlane .dat-wise.)

Thanks again. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 12:57AM by Atticus..
Date: January 20, 2014 12:10AM
OK, the kerb option works, but here comes a real problem: I incidentally created the kerbs... "upside down". I mean D1 is closest to the edge of the tarmac, D2 is a bit more to the inside and D3 is the innermost edge of the kerbs. I managed to get the TrackMat two-sided, but now the texture on these kerbs is a lot darker than on the others. What can I do to make them brighter?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy