(Sensible) Questions for Codemasters Regarding F12011

Posted by Willb 
Hey all,

I'm lucky enough to be heading to Birmingham on monday to give F1 2011 a spin and ask the developers some questions. While of course I have a few already, I thought I may be able to use the opportunity to ask some questions from GPG members.

So, if you have any burning questions regarding F1 2011, let me know and i'll see how many I can get through ;)!.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Lucky you! Take some photos if possible.

Here are some questions, I'll add more if I think of them.
- Is it possible to add some sort of stewarding to online races? Either show replays after the race and people vote, or an independent person who joins the game and watches over.
- Will the track lighting and environments be more realistic, particularly on the console versions?

- Is it possible to include the alternate layouts at the F1 tracks, for some variety online? For example, Barcelona without the final chicane or Suzuka short circuit.
- Will the new Abu Dhabi layout be in the game, even though it hasn't been announced yet.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 04:03PM by SchueyFan.
Luck opportunity indeed!

- I'd like to know if they will reduce the ridiculous graphic 'show-off' 3d menus which take forever to load. They were 'wow cool' the first time, but got VERY infuriating after only the second time of loading them. GP2 and GP3 have incredible button tab menus - PERFECT!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
@SchueyFan: No photos unfortunately, NDA and all..

About variations in tracks, I think I can already answer that with a "No, the licence won't allow it". Of course this isn't an official answer but that was the reason given for not being able to have extras like historic cars and tracks etc.

I've also been told the lighting is definately being worked on for '11, specifically the removal of that horrendous coloured filter.

@danm I know what you mean regarding menu loading times..

Yes, you might be right with the license, but there must be some loopholes, because the last of the PS2 games had bonus historical cars and tracks (Detroit, Jerez etc.) It's a pity, as you could probably add 10/15 variations fairly easily.

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

X (@ed24f1)
F1 Manager had driver transfers. Why can't Codies implement something similar?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F1 Manager had driver transfers. Why can't Codies
> implement something similar?

I'd assume because F1 manager was years and years ago, and I think the licence is much more strict now. I'll see if I can find some info regarding the licence terms but I don't expect it's the sort of thing that Codies want to disclose.

How about making the AI more real in terms of setting consistent realistic laptimes and not having Chandhok set a lap 5 secs faster than everyone else.

Also, a really important one is being able to watch the AI cars at all times, like in GP4. Being able to watch them set qualifying laps and then trying to beat them greatly adds to the immersion.

Will the damage be more realistic and severe this time, leading to retirements even in low speed crashes with a barrier?

Wlll failures be implemented?

Could they hire some aliens to set extremely fast laptimes during development, and have those laps as being the ideal AI line at 100% difficulty, so the AI are pretty much impossible to beat on the hardest level, and still a challenge for experienced players? :)
I would especially like to know if:

- the AI will actually physically set a realistic in practice and qualifying, as for me personally the AI having fake lap times just takes some of the enjoyment.

- will there be realistic lighting in the game (i.e. Q1 in Abu Dhabi is in daylight, Q2 is dusk and Q3 is nighttime).

- will having TC turned off be quicker then having it turned on, because it is currently the other way around.

- will AI difficulty be improved as currently they are just way too slow on pretty much every track apart from Catalunya where they are stupidly quick.

- will Bahrain be included.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I don't think they're going to include mechanical failures in the game. If you remember everyone whinging about the amount of punctures in the game, people aren't going to like it if their race just ends there and then. Hopefully they include it as an option at least.

The other obvious question that hasn't been mentioned yet is whether the SC is in the game or not, but I'm sure you've already thought of that.

X (@ed24f1)
Is there any information you can give, or is there an embargo?

X (@ed24f1)
not really sensible, and it might be common knowledge, so if somebody knows pls enlight me... lol

i'd just like to know if it's going to be posible this time to have the 24 cars/players on multiplayer mode for a session.. and if rooms can be private, for like people who have a league and want to avoid useless people...

thx
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'd just like to know if it's going to be posible
> this time to have the 24 cars/players on
> multiplayer mode for a session.. and if rooms can
> be private, for like people who have a league and
> want to avoid useless people...
>
> thx

You can already have private rooms in F1 2010, so I don't think they'd remove this feature.

I think lag would be the biggest issue with 24 cars.

X (@ed24f1)
I would love to know if they will use a little common sense on the next version or will it just aimed at arcade users again, So many fundermental errors it's no funny.

I hope the AI is fixed, everything. Some of these guys work with Geoff Crammond they should know??
I would like to see car failure be it engine, suspension, electronic what ever but something, Ai mistakes.
And a Practice session option available online.. not so hard really.
Graphics, why not realistic instead of stylistic? I can run this game flatout on my pc and looks like an unpaid prostitute to me.

very annoyed they realised a beta version to the public...imo
Re: (Sensible) Questions for Codemasters Regarding F12011
Date: June 02, 2011 12:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Because of the horrible AI and the ridiculous penalties, this game is useless unless you're hotlapping or playing online.

I want, as mentioned above, to be able to watch any other car at any other time. I want a better damage model (though I think I'm alone there) and I want a better replay system where the trackside camera doesn't cut to a wobbly wheel cam showing you nothing just when I overtook MS around the outside of Parabolica.

Basically, it was very sloppy and they should fix it. I want failures, too.
So far I'm really happy with F1 2010. The most annoying issue about the game are the terrible pitstops. I don't want to know how many times I was yelling at this bug, which costs me always several positions... Is Codemasters working on it?

Even more, I hope they will change the texture mapping of the helmets. At the moments it sucks sooo bad, especially when I compare it with GP4!

Ah, and not to forget... What about the tracks? I hope, that this time we will be able to play the correct Silverstone layout. And hopefully they will improve the last sector of Circuit de Catalunya, which is a desaster in F1 2010. *cough*chicane after Europcar*cough*

__________________________________________________________________________________________

SK Racing - Shark F1 #10
F1 2011 Preview

[www.eurogamer.net]

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

@PartyBoy the version of Silverstone in F1 2010 was completely accurate to the one used for the 2010 British GP mate...

The same for Barcelona, it was the same layout (although ye it was hard work to drive without spinning) but still the right layout...

@PartyBoy the version of Silverstone in F1 2010 was completely accurate to the one used for the 2010 British GP mate...

It was meant to be correct, but it was so inaccurate that it wasn't.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
when f1 2010 was yet to be released we had waved in front of us laser scanned tracks..for one or more reasons they were dropped .will there be any laser scanned tracks in f1 2011 or is time an issue here as was one of many excuses given last year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy