gpl with windows 7
Date: February 13, 2010 01:06PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Anyone got it working? I used the installer from the GPL preservation society and haven't had any luck yet. I'm sure there's something I'm missing somewhere though
Re: gpl with windows 7
Date: February 14, 2010 08:45PM
Posted by: gav
It works fine.

I just installed GPL from the disk (so the registry entries were there for the editors which use them) then deleted the contents of the folder (C:\Games\Sierra\GPL in my case), then copied my existing install into that folder. It's fine.

Win 7 x64 using an ATI HD 4870 in DirectX mode.

What's stopping yours running? Do you see anything on the screen? Does it crash to desktop? Do you get to the menu?
Date: March 03, 2010 01:10PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Basically, with just a clean install, it loads to the menu screen then crashes to the desktop.
With the GPL 2004 demo applied it loads, but the frame-rate is around 1-2fps and of course it is unplayable. Also the resolution seems to be messed up - like it is not compatible with my screen. The bottom half of the gpl screen is past my moniter, if you get what I mean.
Date: March 03, 2010 05:08PM
Posted by: gav
The clean install will need the patches to work now (the 1.2 patch, the CPU patch and either the DirectX or OpenGL patch).

The demo will likely already have these. Make sure Cool 'n' Quiet (AMD CPU) or SpeedStep (Intel CPU) is disabled in the BIOS and I think I remember GEM+ having a workaround for it (though I've never tried it).

For the graphics glitch try the other renderer - if you use Direct3D try OpenGL and visa-versa. There is also a 3rd-party update of the Direct3D rasteriser which can be found here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy