COD 4 Modern Warfare Help
Date: November 29, 2009 11:48PM
Posted by: mortal
Guys, I'm stuck trying to wack the chopper. The level is the one after the capture of Assad. I'm following another dude in sniper gear, we enter a cabin, I grab one of three stinger missile launchers and we go out the back, then a chopper flies overhead and I have to take it out. I think I've had about twenty goes at this and I keep getting wiped out, any hints on where to take the shot?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: COD 4 Modern Warfare Help
Date: November 30, 2009 01:48AM
Posted by: ralv585
FIRST!!!!!!!

i honestly can't remember this section at all :(

is it when youre in the guille suit, after you take the sniper shop at the bad guy?

edit- whats the mission called?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 01:51AM by ralv585.
Date: November 30, 2009 02:22AM
I'll open it up and check later, I've got a bit to do right now. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 30, 2009 03:41AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The mission is called All Ghillied Up, and I think you are reading the situation wrongly. there are 2 helicopters in that mission (before 'the' sniper shot, which you won't have gotten to yet). Neither of them require taking down.

The first is when your following Captain McMillan and you approach a graveyard. He says "enemy helicopter, get down". He goes to the left hand wall, you should go to the right, and get down on the ground. Stay there until McMillan tells you that you have the all clear, then follow him again. The second helicopter flies overhead later. Again, ignore it, follow McMillans instructions and you'll be fine.

It is possible to take down the helicopter, but it is a waste of time. It doesn't achieve anything, and just takes up a weapons slot. And here's a hint - swap your pistol for an enemy rifle (preferably an AK47). Do not fire it (it isn't silenced), but you will need it on the second Ghillied up mission.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2009 03:55AM
That's the one Dave, without checking anyway. So, stay covered until the 'all clear'. I'll give that a go later. Thanks for the tip on the AK47. (Y)

Date: November 30, 2009 07:00AM
Woo, that worked. (*) That's one scary level, hiding in the grass while the tanks rolled past was unreal. I still have to make it to the checkpoint after blowing that dudes head off his shoulders. I might do the level again if I can, that part was great fun lol. (Y)

Date: November 30, 2009 07:52AM
Thanks for the tip on the AK47.

No worries. The extraction point you have to get to is FILLED with enemies. You can waste your time like I did, and spend several hours trying to get through them 1 by 1, or you can use that AK47 to 'run and gun'. Shoot one down, run, shoot one down, run. The first wave is the hardest to get through, but they don't follow you like you expect.

The setting for that mission is one of the Special-Operations missions in Modern Warfare 2, and I think it's available as Multiplayer in MW/MW2. Unfortunately I don't own a legal copy of either of them, so am stuck on cracked servers for now.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2009 08:08AM
Oh oh, I didn't get the AK47 early enough, and I'm carrying Captain McMillan, could be a problem. I'll have another go tomorrow if I get time. I can't play online, I only have 512k up and 256k down so I haven't even bothered trying. I've had it for ages and still haven't got through single player!
I've got an extra copy of MW, hoping to trade it up at one of the local game stores for MW2. It's still sealed in the box so it's as new.

Date: November 30, 2009 10:25AM
I acquired it and didn't play it for ages either. When I played it I was shocked at how good it was. MW/MW2 really are quite outstanding pieces of work.

It is one of the few games I felt guilty over downloading, so I'm getting a legal copy of both soon.

Now that you are carrying McMillan, when you get a chance steal a decent weapon for close combat stuff, but keep the sniper rifle too. It is still required. Don't rely on McMillan to help you. Even though he says to put him down where he can give you cover, he is pretty useless.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 10:30AM by DaveEllis.
Date: November 30, 2009 10:55AM
HAHAHAHA, he's a dead man walking, I mean carried! hot

Date: December 03, 2009 02:38AM
Posted by: smorr
Always scout ahead of MacMillian.

Clear the area, go up far enough for him to start yelling at you to go back and get him. Pretty easy until you get to the Ferris Wheel Extraction.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy