Football Manager 2009

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Football Manager 2009
Date: January 08, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: Bruninho
im just waiting the start of the brazilian state championships to get the final database update made by some guys with the new contracted players to start managing my recently relegated team in real life (brazilian national second division) :(

Date: January 08, 2009 04:24PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Get Guilherme Camacho, Bruno Paulo, Fabrício, Anderson, Hélder, Rômulo, Paulo Sérgio, Kayke, Erick Flores and Bruno Mezenga on loan from Flamengo ;). All of them are under 19-20 years old and they're quite good in real life (especially Guilherme, Bruno Paulo, Fabrício, Anderson, Hélder, Kayke and Erick Flores!) though I got a feeling that none of them has PA better than 145 thanks to our crappy research.
Date: January 08, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
I was addicted to FM06 once, played couple of seasons with FM07 and a few with 08. At its best this series tops my list. At its worst you'd like to smash your keyboard.

I don't understand people who start the game in a top team. Its pointless when all you can is lose. I've always started in an English low profile club, Blue Square Premier division. Making your way through without money at all, that's what you should try.

Real managers don't need food..

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Date: January 08, 2009 06:45PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get Guilherme Camacho, Bruno Paulo, Fabrício,
> Anderson, Hélder, Rômulo, Paulo Sérgio, Kayke,
> Erick Flores and Bruno Mezenga on loan from
> Flamengo ;).

How about no? Seriously, I must be crazy to sign players from my rival club :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 06:46PM by Bruninho.
Football Manager 2011
Date: March 18, 2011 10:01PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Anyone got Football Manager 2011?
.I havent had such fun with a footie game since Kenny Dalglish Soccer Manager lol (havent played any either)

Took Slovenia all the way to Euro 2012 final, losing the title match Germany in extra time after I had defender sent off, defeating France, , drawing with Spain and Norway in group stage and then in quarters defeating Croatia and,Scotland in semis. (I was 2nd placed in euro qualifiers, but lost twice to Italy, hopefully it dont happen next friday for real heh)

I edited Birsa and Ilicic's technique and free kick and overall value as i felt it was too low. (Ilicic is rockin and rolling at Palermo this season, well he was till recently)
Oh and Handanovic goalkeeping, as he is top 5 goalkeeper IMO.

anyway 4-4-2 tactics - players on the flanks advanced- ,with adjusting to the assistant manager feedback during the match did me well, checking the attributes and fitness as well.
it did help that i know our style of play anyway.

I am thinking of starting with Tottenham, in the premiere league.
I played vanilla demo with Man utd and got sacked. (was 3rd in the FA league at the time, but they werent happy with couple of defeats to the underdogs at the start of spring ).
On the other hand, I tried to be the worst manager with tottenham in the demo, even putting strikers in goakeeping position, having the starting eleven overload the entire match, and losing 8-0 in preseason to lower league clubs, yet the board in this particular case was generally happy, the press did find it hard to comprehend why I put Crouch in the goal.
Dont get me wrong, it's okay,I think the board critique arrives in the actual season apparently.

Got 11.3 patch, but havent seen yet if transfers got any easier, as the amount of money some want for the players is ridicolous , while lots clubs find your players too expensive ,your budget is not exactly huge for many major deals.

all in all good stuff.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Re: Football Manager 2011
Date: March 19, 2011 11:26AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I don't have 2011, but on 2010 I got Fleetwood Town into the Blue Square Premier, then got offered a job at Yeovil. Good stuff...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 20, 2011 12:57AM
Posted by: Pedersen
ohh yeah, i play alot of fm11. Started with Liverpool, and now i´m at december 2017, still with liverpool, and i have won the premier league twice(2013 and 2016), Fa cup 3 times(2012, 2013 and 2017), League Cup 3 times (2013, 2014 and 2017), The Community Shield twice, (2012 and 2013), World Championship for clubs in 2017, European Supercup twice, (2011 and 2017) and the champions league in 2017 :)
and a bunch of 2nd places in the league and cups and a few 3rd places in the league aswell. And i had a short spell with the English national team, won the 2014 World Cup.

my stats are(total career):
466 played games
312 wins
80 draws
74 losses
1138 scored goals
493 conceeded goals
645 in goal difference
66% win average
14 cup wins
2 league wins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy