looking for onlineracing game

Posted by stifflers mum 
Re: looking for onlineracing game
Date: February 27, 2006 08:57PM
Posted by: D3-Edwards
Why should I make ISI engine sound great? Exactly im just helping D3, im not being payed...

It still doesn't answer the question of why u would say such a stupid thing as I dont drive cars? I mean where did you fro m that up lol? I have been driving since I was 2 years old ffs.

GTL is the most realistic sim atm, it uses the ISI platform obviously but they have done that little bit more too make it great. Rfactor closely follows it and obviously mods can bring out the best in rfactor as isi's aim was just too give the platform for the modders.

If they want too call LFS a sim, it's the worst sim ever created. Im not the only real racing driver who thinks this, I have got quite a few friend too try it and they have said similar things. I won't mention names, but they and I know wtf were talking about!
Date: February 27, 2006 11:09PM
Posted by: keiran
When did I say you don't drive please let me no ... my sig doesn't refer to you it refers to a computer game making people think they are driving a FIA GTR car. Can't get where your getting the thought that its you. I think you've come running here thinking "omg someone doesn't believe I race cars" and not reading it properly.

In LFS I am racing - In all the other Sims I am playing a racing game.....pretending to be a FIA GT driver for example....

"In LFS I am racing" < This means that when I play LFS I am racing
"In all the other Sims I am playing a racing game.....pretending to be a FIA GT driver for example...." < This means when I'm playing other racing games I'm just pretending to drive something which I'm not (i.e it looks like the car but doesn't feel like it). Then the example says that being an FIA GT driver is just one of the many examples.

I disagree with your opinion on LFS and on GTL but I'm not bothering arguing with you as your opinion must rule.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2006 11:10PM by keiran.
Date: February 27, 2006 11:55PM
Posted by: Forgotten
I have to agree with Keiran and disagree ;)

I actually read his signature like he meant tbh ... about the realism , well , I prefer to hear from a real driver :)
Date: February 28, 2006 01:17AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
same thing applies to LFS though.
i mean some of the cars are obviously trying to be a Mini, formula Renault e.t.c.
Date: February 28, 2006 02:55AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
DaveEllis and D3-Edwards seem to both be forgetting that LFS acknowledges its physics problems and are currently fixing them. I think you should reserve judgement until the new physics come out.
Date: February 28, 2006 03:00AM
I dont think they are talking about physic problems
Date: February 28, 2006 03:02AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
physics are what makes a sim not graphics.
Date: February 28, 2006 04:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
They have been "fixing" phyiscs problems since the start. They now have £24 of my money, have taken many years and produced an arcade drifting game with some fancy maths for tyres. Thats it. For £24 i'd want a bit more. Are they going to charge me another £24 to have decent physics, AI which works and graphics which are from this side of the millenium? Or can i get that before S3, which must be due out in 2009 by now. I got GTL for £4 less and it cant even be discussed in the same day as LFS. Its on a whole new level.

I actually forgot about the AI until now. Does it actually work yet? Because last time i played the AI couldnt pit and just chose to stop on the track and flip between 1st and reverse. They couldnt move, and the race was over...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 04:05AM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 28, 2006 10:12AM
Ellis do you actually understand how this game is being developed ?? What you've paid for is access to the content and if you've never liked it since S1 then it seems foolish to have bought S2 content when you could try the physics out at demo level... LFS is one game being developed in 3 stages, if you don't like playing something which is in its alpha stage then don't. Come back once S3 is done and comment on it then ;-)

Funny D3-Edwards that someone who races in the equalivant of the FOX in real life thinks its got the best physics of any game which has tried to replicate the car. That came from someone who has rFactor too and he actually posted it in the rFactor forum.

Anyway NetKar pro is coming soon and I reckon it is probaly going to blow the socks off both games. Although from the videos is seems to have that ISI laggy steering effect which is annoying.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com
Date: February 28, 2006 10:46AM
Posted by: gav
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have been "fixing" phyiscs problems since the
> start. They now have £24 of my money, have taken
> many years and produced an arcade drifting game
> with some fancy maths for tyres. Thats it. For £24
> i'd want a bit more.

For £24 I want what I paid for. Apparently they're developing S3, which is all good and well, and I'll probably buy it, but can I have S2 first please? I've been alpha (pre beta remember) testing for what must be a year now.

keiran Wrote:
> Funny D3-Edwards that someone who races in the
> equalivant of the FOX in real life thinks its got
> the best physics of any game which has tried to
> replicate the car. That came from someone who has
> rFactor too and he actually posted it in the
> rFactor forum.

Who is this guy then? What is the equivalent of the FOX? What's his experience?

LFS knocks the socks of rF in terms of feel and feedback, but if you ignore that, then rF is the better from the realism perspective.

As I've said, I don't take sides - I can't stand either for their own problems. LFS is not realistic in it's current form. I'm not going to judge on something I can't see, so I don't care whether S3 is supposed to be better or not - if it turns out to be, then so be it, but there's nothing to say rF couldn't have improved by then either.

Netkar Pro, as you say, should beat the hell out of both of them, and it's only going to have 4 tracks and 4 similar cars. As much as I can't stand them, roll on iracing.com, or I'm going to end up playing GPL into its tenth year.
Date: February 28, 2006 11:39AM
You've actually got what you paid for Gav, the actual game is "free" so to speak. Scawen has said all your buying is content. Although ofcourse he gets a share of the earning otherwise he'd be on the street ;)

I'm trying to find the post on RSC but the slowness isn't helping :/ The real life counter part of the FOX is a Formula Renault 2000.

@D3-Edwards
What I can't understand is if you own LFS and have this racing expreince why aren't you telling the devs ?? The devs have said many times they will more than welcome people with racing experience who can provide constructive feedback on the physics.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com
Date: February 28, 2006 01:00PM
Come back once S3 is done and comment on it then

And buy it to find out that the physics are still junk? No thanks. I already paid £24, got an unifnished, buggy game which isnt actually that usefull or fun.

You've actually got what you paid for Gav, the actual game is "free" so to speak. Scawen has said all your buying is content

Sorry but thats the worst excuse ever. Thats just the LFS Devs covering there asses by saying "Your not paying for wuality, your paying for our 3D models". @#$%& that. I piad for a "sim".

and anyway, the physics are part of the content of the game, which i have paid for. I can live with fictional cars and tracks. I can live with the most disgusting and un car life sounds ever made, i can live with an unlogical menu system which is boredering on impossible to use, but in return i'd like some realistic physics as they do claim it to be a "simulator".

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 01:16PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 28, 2006 01:35PM
Why do you need to buy it to try the physics ?? 3 cars and 4 track combos in the demo should be enough to try the physics out. You may think they are just covering there asses but it's logical to me because a S1 driver can play with the latest physics for the content he has. A demo player can play with the latest physics for the 3 cars they have.

LFS takes me 3 clicks from the menu to be in a server in a matter of seconds. rF menus are a joke, I don't want some 3d car slowing down everything. Then to set a race up I have to go into the settings foler and change the rules, why not just let me do that as I'm choosing a track ?? Why must I set the time of day in a menu called 'Rules' :/

I'm happy with LFS and its the best £24 I've spent. 15349 Miles traveled online and I'm still having as much fun as I did when I first loaded the demo up.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com
Date: February 28, 2006 01:57PM
LFS takes me 3 clicks from the menu to be in a server in a matter of seconds.

Its not about licking fast to get you online in X ammount of time. Its about useability. Im not claiming rF to be good with the menus (Altho they do look respectable, unlike the PSX look that the LFS menus have). But the LFS menus are pathetic. You claim rF is daft because the menus are laid out logicially. Well why on RSC is there a gudie to controller setup in LFS? Because the menu doesnt actually make the slightest bit of sense!

And im sorry, but this whole "your paying the content" thing is an insult to the community. I paid for a sim. so far its still in the alpha stage (but they still happily took peoples money for an unfinished product, that seems to be taking around 10 years to finish), with the most broken AI of any game I've ever used (outside Big Rigs) and physics which are not even remotely close to realistic despite lots of complex tyre stuff. I paid for junk it seems.

Unrealistic, but complex Physics: Free
Fictional 3D models of cars and tracks: £24
Getting ripped off on a game that'll take 10 years to finish: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's Mastercard ;)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 02:17PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 28, 2006 02:39PM
"Why must I set the time of day in a menu called 'Rules' :/ "

Because it is a rule ?!
Date: February 28, 2006 03:52PM
Posted by: D3-Edwards
Well, ellis was the one who told me that ur sig was a direct quote too a quote from me in his sig lol?

Why dont I go too dev's? I don't really have so much time, I mean personally I dont think it can ever be fixed too the level of somthing like GTL. I have played it about 3 times at another drivers house and I would not waste my money on buying the game.

Whats this equivelent too a Fox thing? Dunno what you on about? Who is this driver anyway..?

ATM, Rfactor and GTL are the games too have. But the Rolex 24 hour game is just going too be a whole new level. Nektar pro looks good as well yeh, will be watching that closely!
Date: February 28, 2006 04:47PM
Found the post at RSC,

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B.
Sensible post TomM. But don't you think that physics issues should be discussed in as much detail as we can without being flamed as miserable whiners?

I understand that you are one of the real racers of the simracing community. I would be interested in what your thoughts are on the LFS FOX which I consider one of the best physics implementations in simracing ATM?

TomM said: (not sure what his full name is)
Before I edited my post I had the line that went something to the effect of "I still play LFS, but only the FOX because that is one of the best cars to drive in sim racing today."

How does that sound? The only two cars I find worth driving in LFS is the FOX and whatever the FWD GTi race car is. The rest I don't even bother.

There is nothing wrong with discussing the finer and lesser parts of rFactor, or any other sim, but it never leads to sensible discussions unfortunatly.

The FOX is based on a Formula Renault 2000.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
www.vMaxSR.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 04:48PM by keiran.
Date: February 28, 2006 05:43PM
Posted by: Wirah
I agree mostly with what you're saying Dave, apart from the AI bit, I don't really play the game, but I have never seen the AI doing what you described in what I've played of the game. Isn't the game also advertised as an online racer, with the single player mode for practice?

Date: February 28, 2006 06:02PM
Posted by: gav
keiran Wrote:
> Found the post at RSC,
Quote:
> Quote:
> Originally Posted by J.B.
> Sensible post TomM. But don't you think that
> physics issues should be discussed in as much
> detail as we can without being flamed as miserable
> whiners?
>
> I understand that you are one of the real racers
> of the simracing community. I would be interested
> in what your thoughts are on the LFS FOX which I
> consider one of the best physics implementations
> in simracing ATM?
>
> TomM said: (not sure what his full name is)
> Before I edited my post I had the line that went
> something to the effect of "I still play LFS, but
> only the FOX because that is one of the best cars
> to drive in sim racing today."
>
> How does that sound? The only two cars I find
> worth driving in LFS is the FOX and whatever the
> FWD GTi race car is. The rest I don't even
> bother.
>
> There is nothing wrong with discussing the finer
> and lesser parts of rFactor, or any other sim, but
> it never leads to sensible discussions
> unfortunatly.

So we still don't know who he is, and at no point are they discussing realism.

It might feel realistic out of the box, as it were (I can't remember), but once you start tinkering with setups, you can make it go totally stupid. I don't care how or who says it, but that's not realistic.
Date: February 28, 2006 07:09PM
Wirah, run a long race where the fuel will run out. The AI are unable to pit and refuel, they just carryon and stop.

"I still play LFS, but only the FOX because that is one of the best cars to drive in sim racing today."

Reading between the lines: FOX is realistic (and the rest are crap? I hav already stated the single seaters are much better than the tin tops which are just laughable.

btw, i searched through as much Formula Renault 2000 stuff as i could and couldnt actually find a Tom M. Perhaps i didnt spend long enough looking, but really, we have a random Formual Renault driver, agaisnt a whole bunxch of drivers in the top series in the world :P

Oh, did i mention Dale Earnhardt Jr now uses the NASCAR mod for rf? ;-)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy