RH2005 Season is out

Posted by Karan19 
Re: RH2005 Season is out
Date: December 25, 2005 04:27AM
Posted by: Karan19
to be fair thats a really bad example to illustrate how RH05 looks. Made this preview pic for my league yesterday...

Date: December 25, 2005 05:18AM
Posted by: gav
That Photoshopping I see?
Date: December 25, 2005 05:21AM
Some effects to the backround and scenery yes. The car shapes and texture's arent magically produced via photoshopping ;) Just tryin to showing if you try playing the mod with all graphic details on high with AA and AF cranked up it doesnt even come close to that shot Dave posted. Heck even the 99-02 default cars look better than the ones in that shot... :/

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2005 05:36AM by Karan19.
Date: December 25, 2005 12:44PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
lol if you want to show off playing the mod then some unedited screens are alot mor eeffective than tarted up ones.

tbh, even photoshopped the cars dont look right at all

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 25, 2005 01:07PM
Posted by: vesuvius
and tyres look really bad too :(
Date: December 25, 2005 01:13PM
Posted by: chet
they dont look rite but Dave that shot im sure was to make rh look bad.

try make it look good, if u can ;)! but yea straight away u can see that CTDP looks alot better :\

but then who am i to complain, i cant make cars, i dont contribute to any communities so i dont exactly have a right to moan :)!

btw - is it poss to get rfactor tyres in f1c?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 25, 2005 01:16PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
The McLaren and Renault shots look OK, but the Red Bull and Toyota ones aren't so great. There's just something wrong with F1C, not the modders themselves. I think the RH and CTDP are silly to produce anything for F1C again. Their work would look so much better in rF.

Date: December 25, 2005 01:20PM
btw - is it poss to get rfactor tyres in f1c?

Yeah but it'll look bad because there meant for DX9 and the new engine.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 25, 2005 02:43PM
Yea lol the tf and rbr look very dis-proportional to the tyres and front and back ends lol if that makes sence :P

Dave yeaa lol it wud look pretty @#$%& then, ah well.

Date: December 25, 2005 07:42PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol if you want to show off playing the mod then
> some unedited screens are alot mor eeffective than
> tarted up ones.

actually if i had photoshopped the cars those screens would look a lot better lol i only applied some effects to the scenery and resized the originals there's nothing really wrong with the textures of this mod. the shapes may not be as detailed but if this mod was made for rfactor or gp4 even it would look a heck of a lot better. its f1c's crappy graphics engine making it look like @#$%&. they should never had made any 2005 mods for f1c in the first place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2005 07:43PM by Karan19.
Date: December 25, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: madotter
Heres a couple of pics (unedited) from me, looks ok to me. I havent downloaded CTDP05 yet as ive only just installed F1C again so ill have a look at that next.

Cheers!
Iain
Date: December 25, 2005 11:49PM
Posted by: Wirah
Looks really good. I don't care if the shapes aren't exactly like they are in real life, I don't know the differance, so it doesn't really matter to me. I need to re-install F1C, to see which is better, this or CTDPs one.

Date: December 26, 2005 12:31AM
All i can say is 'oh my god!' CTDP is another league!!!!!

Check this out

F1C

CTDP

Dont get me wrong, RH is very good, back as someone said before. RH and Emac havnt improved alot and the bar has been raised.

Iain
Date: December 26, 2005 01:10AM
thankyou for the comparison shot :)

Quite a bit of difference.

Date: December 26, 2005 01:46AM
Posted by: Forgotten
just to say ... so are the fps of ctdp , they are on another league too... below :/
Date: December 26, 2005 02:22AM
yeah, but the better graphics the lower the fps. But this isnt an issue on high end pcs, if u dont have a high end pc then RH is better, as i said - a very good mod.
Date: December 26, 2005 02:52AM
Posted by: Fred

Who can tell the difference? :) Personally I like things about both... both good fun!

As Dave Ellis said... Classy.

Date: December 26, 2005 03:29AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I guess you could say CTDP's mod is more polished
Date: December 26, 2005 03:42AM
Its not more polished, its better. The textures are better, the 3D models are better, the enviroment mapping is better. The whole thing is better. RH2005 is far from bad, but the standards are so much higher now days and RH hasnt improved whilst others have overtaken him. CTDPs is by far and away the best looking, and from what i hear, best handeling too since Richard Towler was saying the RH2005 mod was far too easy to drive. And since hes a Team Redline driver, i think he knows what hes talking about!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 26, 2005 03:47AM
Posted by: Fred
The top Red Bull cockpit is ctdp btw, as is the monaco shot (anyone know what happened to the track cams there?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy