Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Halo 3 is quite nice

Says the person who likes robbie williams :p

H E L L O
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: October 03, 2007 02:58PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I bought Fifa 08 the other day (for 360), I'm really enjoying it at the moment but can't seem to see where to start a 'Be a Pro' season, or is that an online thing? I've seen there's a Be a Pro offline practice mode, I thought there'd be a thing where you could do a whole season tho.

Tried the PES demo on the 360...didn't really like it but then again I've always favoured FIFA..

Ric Scott
Date: October 03, 2007 05:27PM
Posted by: matt3454
I dont know what to think of fifa, the online and multiplayer seems really good but the single player is just turd, the ai are just way too good at tackling.

Date: October 03, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: sasjag
Enjoi Wrote:
> I bought Fifa 08 the other day (for 360), I'm
> really enjoying it at the moment but can't seem to
> see where to start a 'Be a Pro' season, or is that
> an online thing? I've seen there's a Be a Pro
> offline practice mode, I thought there'd be a
> thing where you could do a whole season tho.
>
> Tried the PES demo on the 360...didn't really like
> it but then again I've always favoured FIFA..

"Be a Pro: Co-Op season join a team with up to three friends, select a player and master his position."

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 03, 2007 08:27PM
Posted by: bestobritish
lol I was playinf fifa 08 earlier and the commentator when mental saying that Lehman had made a great save preventing a second goal.... Inter milan were scoring their first!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 03, 2007 09:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
To be honest, f*ck FIFA 08 as well. I was assigned 3 teams to do research for and any feedback I tried to give there would be some lazy smartpants trying to post a comeback to why they wouldn't care solving an issue. I was wasting my time with them...
Date: October 04, 2007 11:21PM
Posted by: matt3454
Halo 3 seems pretty short, on the last mission already.

Date: October 05, 2007 12:57AM
Posted by: Enjoi
sasjag Wrote:
> Enjoi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I bought Fifa 08 the other day (for 360), I'm
> > really enjoying it at the moment but can't seem
> to
> > see where to start a 'Be a Pro' season, or is
> that
> > an online thing? I've seen there's a Be a Pro
> > offline practice mode, I thought there'd be a
> > thing where you could do a whole season tho.
> >
> > Tried the PES demo on the 360...didn't really
> like
> > it but then again I've always favoured FIFA..
>
>
> "Be a Pro: Co-Op season join a team with up to
> three friends, select a player and master his
> position."

hmm can't see that but I read somewhere that they're adding it as a free update soon or something.

@bestobritish...i've had a few strange commentator moments too, after taking a corner kick he said that it had gone out for a corner but it was still in play. my guy got tackled...then it went out of play and he said it was a corner again when it was a goal kick :P.

Ric Scott
Date: October 09, 2007 01:15PM
Posted by: mika19b
Doe's anyone know why some HDTV are 480, 720 or 1080i? Does it make much diffrence?
Date: October 09, 2007 09:12PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Just decided that FIFA 08 is utter shite and I should have saved my money for PGR4!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 09, 2007 11:04PM
Posted by: TC
mika19b Wrote:
> Doe's anyone know why some HDTV are 480, 720 or
> 1080i? Does it make much diffrence?

Its like the resolutions on your computer monitor, higher the better really.

Date: October 09, 2007 11:06PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Good find man! Nice illustration there.
Date: October 10, 2007 05:18PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Plus the "i" and "p" make a huge difference

stolen from wikipedia

080i vs 1080p

To compare 1080i and 1080p, it is important to compare framerates. Due to interlacing, 1080i has twice the frame-rate but half the resolution of a 1080p signal using the same bandwidth, although, also due to interlacing, 1080i looks to be the same resolution, although with more flicker. Faster frame-rates are especially useful in sports shows and other shows with fast-moving action. However, on some flat screens that do not support interlacing, this instead becomes smeared or jarred artifacts.

Current digital television broadcast systems and standards are not equipped for 1080p50/60 transmission. Also, the majority of consumer televisions offered for sale are currently not equipped to receive or decode a 1080p signal at any frequency. It is less bandwidth-intensive to broadcast a film at 1080p24 than 1080i30, since 20% less data would be transferred. In addition, when the source material is 24 frames per second, as are most films, it would be easy to convert a 1080p24 broadcast to an NTSC 1080i30 format using a 3:2 pulldown process (see telecine). Moreover, displaying a p24 broadcast on an i50 system (such as PAL) requires the speed of video and audio be increased by over 4% (to 25 frames per second).

For videos the frames (25 or 30 per second) are segmented into two interlaced fields with equal time index (psf, progressive in or with segmented frames). The deinterlacer has to perform a simple weave only. This ensures compatibility with 1080i25/30 with only a little less coding efficiency than 1080p25/30 and half the bandwidth requirement of 1080p50/60, but the SDTV problems of PAL speed-up and Telecine judder remain.

I have a 1080i tv and blu ray kinda sucks on it, i have seen a bluray dvd on a 1080p tv and it looks so much clearer. i am even contemplating selling my current tv and getting a 1080p one...

Date: October 11, 2007 10:32PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Just been playing on the PGR4 demo, really looking forward to that! tbh it seems like what PGR3 should have been and man driving the bikes is really nuts, my head goes funny with all the wobbles in helmet cam!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: October 12, 2007 02:45AM
Posted by: ralv585
gonna get prg4 tomorrow, supposed to pick it up today, but had to work late, so my local store hook up had closed :(

i tell you, the next month is gonna be crazy with some great release: tomorrow pgr4, next week the orange box, week after pro evo 08, and a couple of weeks after that COD4 and mario galaxy!

can't wait ;)

the COD4 beta was absolutely amazing, can't wait for the single player, team fortress 2 looks nuts, and can't wait to play portal!

Date: October 12, 2007 06:05AM
I was disappointed with how much grip that Ducati had, but I guess it's all arcadey and meant to be that way anyway! I liked how it was the Senna one :D
Date: October 13, 2007 06:57PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
hey guys now this may sound like a stupid question, but is there actually a big difference between the 40Gb and 60Gb PS3's? is just the amount you can store on them or does it affect game play at all?

thanks for help

barry

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: October 14, 2007 01:16AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
The only differences are, 2 USB ports, No Card Reader, No Backward Compatibility, Price and Hard Drive Space... so really nothing major to affect the unit's working as a Console.

Oh but the 60GB which is now £349 has 2 Free Games, which after working it out obviously makes the 60GB unit better value.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: October 14, 2007 10:16PM
but really, the main point right now is backwards compatibility. So basically be Sony's bitch and get the 20gb more PS3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy