thats why u buy games from EB!

7 day full refund return policy.

:D cant go wrong

Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: November 28, 2006 08:14PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
ralv585 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So Guido you still havent hooked up to live yet?
>
> when you do, make sure you post your gamertag so
> we can play against each other!
>

I got live hooked up :) but my gold doesnt work :S..
I used a 48 hour card some days ago to taste the gold thingy:) Its great, probaly gonna buy a Gold pack friday..

Just stupid it doenst work for me :S I says i got one month for free:(

Magic Senna
Date: November 28, 2006 09:55PM
Posted by: ralv585
yeah get the card or just enter your credit details online, thats what i did after my 1 month expired, its really good, COD3 especially, texas hold'em is fun too :)

what do you mean it doesn't work? it wont let you play online or you cant connect to live sometimes? it happens to me because i use ICS, just have to diconnect the lan things a few times, but if its not letting you play on the gold account for 1 month then somethings wrong, maybe it got confused when the 48 hour card expired and so expired the 1 month trial as well.

i've got another 48hr card if you want, just check your pm :)

Date: November 28, 2006 10:02PM
I think my free gold month has something to do with my 48 card.

But i didnt have Gold live when i started live up. so i dont know..

I am gonna buy Gold anyways so it doesnt really mather:):P

But il try urs 48 card:) Thanks for that:)

Maybe we can play PES6 online if u have that game:)

Cheers

Magic Senna
Date: November 28, 2006 10:10PM
your welcome mate

dont know about pro evo 6, i took that back after two days, not as good as i thought it would be, but i'll get my sis to get it for me again for christmas, she owes me three :) but looks like we both have call of duty 3, so maybe we can play that soon :)

Date: November 28, 2006 10:12PM
haha yes, i am so bad at COD ;)

Probaly gonna buy PGR friday to, seen u got it to :)

I got the demo and i like it, want to know how online is as that part interest me the most on the xbox:)

cheers.

Magic Senna
Date: November 28, 2006 10:19PM
there is no lag at all in pg3, thats whats great, online is fun, watch out for the first corner. but offline is awesome too, as soon as you start to collect your dream cars you'll spend hours just looking at them, great game!

Date: November 28, 2006 10:39PM
okies getting that one friday:) hehehe thats cool:) some other Online friends of me have it to:) so its worth buying.

Magic Senna
Date: November 29, 2006 12:02AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
tbh I prefer Test Drive Unlimited over PGR3 myself, PGR3 is probably the more fun game to play online, but Test Drive can be good online too, quite often I'll boot it up and just drive anywhere, usually in my Ferrari 288 GTO :) so many places in O'ahu I haven't explored yet! GFX on it are brilliant, cockpits look so much more better than PGR3's, PGR3's cockpits are usually very dark, bit annoying tbh...

Oh and btw I think I have 2 or 3 of those 48 hour gold member passes around here somewhere too!

Not many days till Rainbox Six: Vegas is released, that'll be a great game :D Viva Piñata is also released this week, but I'm largely undecided on that game, may have to rent it first and try it out when I get a chance to add it to my rental list...

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2006 12:05AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 06, 2006 03:05PM
Has anyone here managed to pick up Rainbow Six Vegas yet? Had a bash on it over the last weekend when I've had breaks here and there, very fun game! Alot like GRAW but based alot more on close quarters combat... Its great fun! Especially the Online Co-op games :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 03:06PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 06, 2006 10:06PM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
PS3 got owned ;)

read the first paragraph

[www.gamespot.com]

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: December 06, 2006 10:50PM
Posted by: MarcA
To be fair, you can't say it got owned, they both look hugely similar.

Date: December 07, 2006 05:47PM
Posted by: madotteя
The thing you have to remember in this test is that both are running at 720p through component, once you get the PS3 on full 1080i/p through HDMI it will blow the 360 away!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2006 05:50PM by madotteя.
Date: December 07, 2006 06:36PM
Erm, 360 already has 1080p, and games running at 1080i, the only reason those tests were done at 720p was because the PS3 didn't work properly at 1080i. atm there are no 1080p games yet for the 360, but it won't be long till there are, I'd be very surprised if between now and when the PS3 is released Microsoft don't release a HDMI cable... Fact is even though the PS3 has been released, there arn't enough units so Microsoft don't see them as a threat this Christmas.

However, the season which PS3 will be concentrating on will be Easter, and look what games are coming out for the 360 at that time, Halo 3, Forza 2, Alan Wake the list goes on... At that time of the European PS3 release, Microsoft, not maybe, will either knock the price down on the Xbox or release a new package and extra add-ons, what those add ons will be is unknown but a HDMI cable is very likley...

Like Marc says, they both look very similar, which I agree with... but this is the problem, Sony said "The PS3 at its release will blow the Xbox 360 away" This is obviously wrong! Sony's PS3 has been released and as those screens show, the PS3 seems to be exactly the same as the Xbox 360 or in some cases worse, yes you could say the console has only just been released and developers need time to get the most out of the PS3, but Sony said it would be beating the Xbox easily at launch... and it clearly isn't!

"The next generation starts when we say so"

So when will it start then?

Date: December 07, 2006 06:58PM
Posted by: matthewp

"The next generation starts when we say so"

So when will it start then?

they must have said it was last November but put that in the small print or something :P
What this comparison doesnt allow for is that there's nothing on the ps3 which comes close to Gears of War visually, of course there will be and its because the 360 has been out for a year but people saying that the ps3 is already up with the 360 graphically and its only just been released are wide of the mark, its only up with the 360 on cross platform games.
blu ray has cost Sony a lot as they're basically releasing a console that in terms of technical ability is very similar to one a year old.
From what i've read I expect that they'll both end up on roughly the same level, the cell is better than the 360s CPU and the 360s GFX chip is better than the ps3s. There may be some difference either way but it wont be enough to worry about IMO. In the end it'll come down to games and in that respect a year head start is a huge advantage to MS as there is a very long list of eagerly anticipated games coming out in the next year for the 360.

Date: December 08, 2006 02:39AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
MarcA a �rit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be fair, you can't say it got owned, they both
> look hugely similar.

i meant that because PS3 was suppost to be far ahead from the 360 and not similar!

and the 360 was released more than a year before 360 so thats the reason i said that ;-)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: December 08, 2006 09:49AM
Posted by: SAMF1
It simple, PS3 is better than xbox 360
Date: December 08, 2006 10:19AM
Posted by: TC
But it isn't that simple... unless you work for Sony. The PS3 graphics card just can't handle what the 360's (in things like lighting) can, The processor MIGHT make up for it but its hard to tell at the moment.

Sony have also screwed up with blu-ray, I was pricing up a new PC the other day and they expect me to pay £400+ for a blu-ray drive when I could pay £150 for a HD-DVD drive?
Date: December 11, 2006 10:00PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
i've seen quite a few screenshots from PS3 games and i have to say i havn't seen anything that makes me want to replace my PS2 as of yet, apart from wireless controllers.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 14, 2006 10:46PM
Posted by: madotteя
HD-DVD is only a pre-release of "the new drive". Blu-ray have gone all out with it which is why the prices are so high. HD-DVD will be upgraded later, it's just a "test"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy