Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: October 06, 2006 10:59PM
Posted by: ralv585
yeah, its so lame, you just can't play it with the analog sticks, you need the d pad, and it wont let you change it.

this was a maybe for me, i believed the hype but i wont go anywhere near this.

Date: October 06, 2006 11:26PM
Posted by: TC
I could play it with the analog stick just fine... its just not any better. Atleast they have removed the shirt pulling though, from what I saw anyway.
Date: November 13, 2006 11:32AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Only 4 days left till Emergence Day ;) yay!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 13, 2006 08:12PM
Posted by: Karan
has anybody tried using the Xbox 360 on HD mode via the VGA cables, on their monitors? :) since my tv isnt hd-ready i thought i could use my monitor (samsung 215tw 21" widescreen) to run it in hd-mode.

Date: November 13, 2006 10:13PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
whats HD mode :P
Date: November 14, 2006 01:30AM
Posted by: Covfan
Hatted Danica mode

It's when you start up your 360 with the special cables in an image of Danica Patrick, totally naked except for a hat is displayed.
Date: November 14, 2006 12:52PM
Posted by: matthewp
has anybody tried using the Xbox 360 on HD mode via the VGA cables, on their monitors? :) since my tv isnt hd-ready i thought i could use my monitor (samsung 215tw 21" widescreen) to run it in hd-mode.

Yeah i'm running it on a 19" Viewsonic LCD monitor, looks fantastic.

Date: November 14, 2006 02:33PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
thats one thing i looked into when i purchased my telly, it is HD ;) im thinking of getting a HDMI cable for the 360, not sure if it will be worth it tho.

Date: November 14, 2006 04:15PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thats one thing i looked into when i purchased my
> telly, it is HD ;) im thinking of getting a HDMI
> cable for the 360, not sure if it will be worth it
> tho.

Would also help if one actually existed atm ;)

Date: November 15, 2006 01:58AM
Posted by: Covfan
Sony = shooting theirselves in the foot again

Analyst: 'Battle Royale' To See 150-200k PS3s For Launch?
In his latest interactive entertainment notes, Lazard Capital Markets' Colin Sebastian has made his predictions on the 'battle royale' set to take place this week as the Wii and PS3 see their official US lanches.

Says Sebastian, "This week represents a significant milestone in the interactive entertainment universe," though, he hastens to add, "the significance of the launches for the software publishers is largely symbolic, as the new consoles will not likely be meaningful drivers of software sales until later next year when we expect the installed bases of the PS3 and Wii to reach more critical mass."

Still, "excitement surrounding the hardware launches backed by significant marketing budgets from Microsoft (Xbox 360), Sony (PS3 and PSP) and Nintendo (Wii and DS) – should benefit overall industry trends through the holiday."

On retailers' struggles to secure and supply a continuous flow of hardware, Sebastian adds that Lazard continues to expect shortages for most stores: "Our channel checks with retailers indicate that there is strong interest in both the PS3 and Wii; most stores sold out of pre-orders quickly."

"We expect Sony to deliver 150-200k units to stores in the United States for the launch; consumers without pre-orders may find it difficult to locate an available system. We estimate sales of approximately 750k PS3s domestically by year-end. We expect a more robust launch from Nintendo, with at least 1.2 million units sold in the U.S. and up to four million units shipped worldwide by year-end."

"Due to the limited initial installed base of the platforms, we believe the financial impact over the holiday period will be more significant for hardware manufacturers and video game retailers (such as GameStop) than for software publishers."

In addition to predicting a strong push for Xbox 360 products due to a shortage in PS3 supply, Sebastian also says the newly launched consoles may not have as significant an impact on holiday sales.

He adds: "We expect less than 15% of software sales to come from the PS3 and Wii this holiday; the more numerous Xbox 360, PS2 and handheld platforms (DS and PSP) remain key drivers of growth," though, he predicts, "this fifth major platform transition is likely to be the largest product launch in the industry’s history."
Date: November 15, 2006 11:16AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Would also help if one actually existed atm ;)

that would help yes.
like i said 'thinking'

Date: November 15, 2006 02:51PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
> Ianwoollam Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Would also help if one actually existed atm ;)
>
>
> that would help yes.
> like i said 'thinking'

No excuse n00b ;)

Date: November 15, 2006 05:58PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Guys, I want to buy a new console:)

So Xbox 360 or PS3?

And Does ythe 360 it work on a TFT monitor to ?:)

there are some packs atm for the 360:

PES6 pack
Saints Row Pack.
Splinter Cell Pack

Any thought on that?

cheers

Magic Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2006 06:01PM by IL Dottore.
Date: November 15, 2006 08:38PM
Posted by: keiran
I'm not sure how you want people to actually recommend one to you when the PS3 isn't even out yet.

My brother has an Xbox 360 and it seems to have some neat little features but tbh I'm not that interested in it. None of the games appeal to me and the fact you have to pay for Xbox Live puts me right off.

Although saying that I only recently really started using my PS2 again to play Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: November 15, 2006 08:55PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
I know the PS3 isnt out yet.. but maybe people convince to wait for the PS3..

but thanks for the Info ;-)

Magic Senna
Date: November 15, 2006 11:37PM
Posted by: matthewp

And Does ythe 360 it work on a TFT monitor to ?:)

Yeah it does, looks great :)
Personally i've seen absolutely nothing about the ps3 which would make me want one let alone actually consider paying through my arse for one.
The Wii is interesting just because its going for something original and the only exclusive titles i've heard about that i'm interested in are for the 360 (Mass effect trilogy, forza 2, Halo 3, gears of war, the next splinter cell, bioshock)

Date: November 16, 2006 12:14AM
Alan Wake too, that games gonna be huge :D

Actually Matt, not all TFT monitors look great with the VGA cable, if you do a search around the net, you will find ALOT of people complaining about very bad colour Washout problems with the VGA cable supplied by Microsoft (My Dell suffers with it too through the VGA port)... Its probably best you do a search for your LCD monitor with the Xbox and just check to see if anyone else has had any problems...

atm with the PS3 and Xbox 360, its too soon to tell, if you can wait, I'd recommend holding back until the PS3 is released over here, at the moment reports on the PS3 isn't good, apparently the GFX in the PS3 is worse than the Xbox 360, but this is to be expected at this point, its probably down to the fact that the PS3 is a very new concept and the Developers Tools are so much more difficult to use than the 360's. But by the time the PS3 is released over here (March/April time I think) People over in yank land will have had time to find out if the PS3 is any good, Game Developers will have had the time to get to know the system and start taking advantage of the power inside the console, Sony will have had time to iron out problems etc... and on Microsoft's side either the price will plummet when the PS3 is released, or new and better packages maybe avalible (HDMI Cable, Bigger HDD, quieter unit etc) I highly doubt they will build in a HD-DVD drive, and if they do decide to do that, the price will not be £279, they will probably make a Xbox Extreme Edition or something along those lines which will be a similar price to the PS3, with things like Wireless Adapter, HDMI Cable, free year on Xbox Live thrown in as extras (Just a few ideas off the top of my head here) not to mention that their best titles (Forza 2, Halo 3) are all been released around the PS3 release date.

So if you have to get one now, then you only really have one choice to go with, but imo if you can, wait, now is probably the worst time to buy with Christmas round the corner too... (If you do decide to buy one now, get the Splinter Cell Package hehe ;))

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 12:24AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 16, 2006 12:43AM
Posted by: ralv585
anyone heard of the game Afrika?

i think this will be one of the games to watch for the PS3,

[www.eurogamer.net]

it looks so pretty and just different, could be the sole reason for me buying one, that and MGS4, Final fantasy VII + XIII and heavenly sword :)

but the 360 does have Mass effect, which i predict to the best game the 360 will ever produce.

Date: November 16, 2006 01:52AM
Posted by: Karan
for those of you guys, using the 360 on your LCD monitor using the VGA cable - how do you switch between your video card cable and the 360? Doing it manually seems a bit cumbersome, I'm just wondering if there's any splitters available.

Alternatively I guess I could just use the component video cables which are supplied with the premium 360 (I think) since fortunately my monitor did come with component/s-video inputs. Although I'm not sure if the 360 is able to run in HD (720p/1080i) mode through the component cables, can anyone confirm this?

Date: November 16, 2006 09:32AM
Posted by: Kyran6k
i would prefer to w8 until jun 2007 their ps3 compact version,a smaller version

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy