Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: March 14, 2006 11:05AM
Posted by: matthewp
Following on from my previous post, they were fine with the game getting lost in the post and are sending my next one out now, so i'd recomend them if you want to join a rental company.

Date: March 14, 2006 01:41PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

wow thats very good.

Date: March 15, 2006 01:00AM
Posted by: keiran
Wow a great company to do that :o I'd excepted they would make you pay for the game since they could say you should have had it insured. Considering for all they know it could still be on your shelf ;)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: March 15, 2006 10:59AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
March 15, 2006 - Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that its PlayStation 3 will see a simultaneous worldwide release in early November 2006. Hitting shelves in Japan, North America and Europe simultaneously, this marks the first time the computer giant has released any of its PlayStation products to multiple regions at the same time.

While a more specific date other than "early November 2006" wasn't given, it's obvious that Sony aims for the system to hit stores before the holiday shopping period begins. At its recent PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 in Tokyo, the company said it plans to ship one million units per month after launch and will ship a total of six million units before the end of fiscal 2006.

Featuring high-definition graphics, Blu-ray support for games and movies, broadband connectivity and more, Sony aims to recreate the PlayStation and PlayStation 2's massive success a third time.

[ps3.ign.com]

Time to save my pennies and buy two! I'm not making the same mistake as the Xbox 360 as there WILL be shortage of PS3's in the runup to christmas :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: March 15, 2006 11:31AM
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Following on from my previous post, they were fine
> with the game getting lost in the post and are
> sending my next one out now, so i'd recomend them
> if you want to join a rental company.
>
>

Ah thanks matt! I'll probably sign up when I've finished redecorating my room, as atm its a bit pointless as I don't have any time to play on my xbox! :)

Also so that was you who added me! I didn't know it was you but just said yes anyway ;)

Date: March 15, 2006 07:04PM
Surprised Sony are going worldwide in November and surprised a HD will be standard, one thing I wouldnt be surprised about is if this is just Sony trying to counter the momentum the 360 is beginning to gather with the fantastic March releases, then in a few months they cancel the worldwide launch and just do Japan in November, would be just like the good old Sony PR machine.

Date: March 15, 2006 07:56PM
Posted by: Karan
you never mentioned that the reason they gave for the delay was sorting out some copy protection issues with the blu-ray drives. whether that is the real reason or not i dont know but that was what was said ;)

"Confirming Nikkei's earlier report, Sony has officially postponed the PlayStation 3 until November. Ken Kutaragi, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, announced the move at a press conference today. He confirmed the delays were indeed due in part to setbacks with the finalization of Blu-ray copy protection technologies. Thankfully, the November date is worldwide, so North American and European customers will be able to get the new console at the same time as their Japanese counterparts."

[www.techreport.com]

Date: March 15, 2006 08:03PM
Did they release the price? I'll buy it when its close to what I paid for the 360 but not before.

Date: March 16, 2006 01:00AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Sony talk the talk but they've never toed the line for europe. I'd put money on a post-chrimbo launch for europe and USA.

I hope ps3 is great.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 16, 2006 01:28AM
Posted by: keiran

[www.gizmodo.com]

Not bad at all if that turns out to be the real price.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: March 16, 2006 04:20AM
Posted by: Karan
I wish..but i think it'll be closer too $500 atleast

Date: March 16, 2006 05:26AM
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish..but i think it'll be closer too $500
> atleast

i think your right, im paying $649AUD (479USD) for my 360 (and i collect it in 1 weeks time, w00t) so i dont think sony are going to undercut by $200usd...

Date: March 16, 2006 11:01AM
That price is laughable, theres no way Sony can afford to lose $500-$600 on every ps3 sold.

"Sony talk the talk but they've never toed the line for europe. I'd put money on a post-chrimbo launch for europe and USA."

same here mate, like I said this is just them sabotaging the 360.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2006 11:02AM by matthewp.
Date: March 16, 2006 11:30AM
Yeah I think a November, maybe even December release is very likley, releasing a new console for Christmas brings in massive bucks, just look at the 360! They would have made so much more money if they had enough units ;) If the PS3 is $299 it'll be a damn miracle.. that means it'll be around £200 here, somehow I just can't see it myself :)

Date: March 16, 2006 08:01PM
299? Never. I will eat my own face if that happens in the UK.

The drive is costing $150 each at the moment alone, the cpu has to be pushing 120, gpu 100, ram 15.....

Of course sony will make losses per unit, but if they're shipping with a 60gb HD too, they can't cut it too much, their market value is too low at the moment, they need this to be a cash cow over the next 5 years, but they are so weak financially at the moment its got to make sense short term too.

Hope it all works out though.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 16, 2006 11:13PM
I will eat my own face if that happens in the UK.

I just want it to be that price now ;) fun seeing someone eating his own face :)

Burnout Revenge has been dispatched! yay! :D

Date: March 17, 2006 12:00AM
;)

I stand by it! :D

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 17, 2006 12:11AM
hehe! :D and DAMN YOU MATT! I want Fight Night Round 3! but HMV are still been asses and not got any in stock :(

Date: March 17, 2006 03:56AM
awww :( poor ian :(

have any of you guys heard of this game?

[www.xbox.com]

Dead rising?

Date: March 17, 2006 11:25AM
Yeah think I spotted it on Gameplay :) looks alright! GFX are good :) but tbh I'm not personally into that type of game, things like Doom, Condemned, Quake 4 etc I find boring, I make an exception with Half Life 2 tho ;)

Another good one you may wanna look at Neil is Alan Wake [www.alanwake.com] Made by the same people who made Max Payne, so its gotta be good :D

/EDIT lol! that was unexpected! just got 2 games through the post, Burnout Revenge and Fight Night Round 3! yay! :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2006 03:37PM by Ianwoollam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy