Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: January 13, 2006 09:15AM
Posted by: Covfan
I'd only get PDZ if you have any plans to get Xbox Live, unfortunately, I found single player PDZ to be absolutely dreadful, but online was brilliant.
Date: January 13, 2006 04:49PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
What are peoples gamertags here? this is mine :) -

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2006 04:50PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 13, 2006 04:57PM

Here's mine.
Date: January 13, 2006 05:00PM
ooo you Got that King Kong game! worth buying?

Date: January 13, 2006 05:21PM
Supposedly really easy, but my brother traded it in straight after he finished it, giving me no chance to complete it.
Date: January 16, 2006 04:47AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

i pre orderd my XBOX360 today, and got the VIP pack.

sadly i HAVE the VIP pack in my hands now, so i have the controller and PDZ... just NO GODDAM CONSOLE for 1 month and 19 days :|

Date: January 16, 2006 01:58PM
Oh dear :(

Date: January 16, 2006 02:01PM
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh dear

yeah :( did u get my txt message ian?

Date: January 16, 2006 02:27PM
Yeah, hehe! Seems strange that they would give you the extras now instead of with the console when its released o_O Also whats the damn point of been able to buy that stuff now in Australia when theres no console :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2006 02:28PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 16, 2006 03:52PM
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, hehe! Seems strange that they would give you
> the extras now instead of with the console when
> its released o_O Also whats the damn point of been
> able to buy that stuff now in Australia when
> theres no console :P

stuff knows.

anyone wanna lend me there XBOX360?

heh ;)

Date: January 20, 2006 12:08AM
Posted by: matthewp
I just finished King Kong, I rented it thank god. Thats not because its a bad game at all, it actually very, very good. But I just finished it in one day :).
It's very cinematic and just a lot of fun, its not too challanging because I think they felt it would spoil the pacing as its all very tightly scripted. The action isnt so easy as to be boring though so I think they got the balance right. And the graphics are much more impressive in motion than in screenshots, the way the screen blurs when the v-rex (why's it called that?) roars is a great effect.
Not as good as COD2 but definately worth a rent :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2006 12:09AM by matthewp.
Date: January 24, 2006 03:56PM
Posted by: MrMan
Update on the PS3, possible delays.

[www.megagames.com]

Bit worrying to say the least for Sony.

Ci
Date: January 24, 2006 05:48PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
:(

Indeed its not looking good. Reports suggest the hardware isn't even finalised yet...! In terms of minimum number of working cores, ram speed etc. Quite how a developer is supposed to make a game is beyond me.

Blu ray is incredibly expensive - I really think Sony and M$ should have sat down and decided on 1 standard for the consoles' optical drive, since the market will NEVER support 2 standards fully, it'll be betamax all over again for one of them.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 25, 2006 05:39PM
After some of the bullshit Sony execs have spouted over the last few months I admit I would quite enjoy them totally ballsing the ps3 up. Like how the 360 running 720p isnt true high definition, i'm sure the people who have bought Sony HD TVs would have something to say about that, I also hate how they're forcing blu-ray through too early when a hell of lot of people wont really care about it (at least not for a couple of years) and in the process pushing the price right up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2006 05:39PM by matthewp.
Date: January 25, 2006 07:27PM
Posted by: Karan19
well its not like Microsoft have had a rosey time either with the 360 STILL suffering from stock shortages :( Personally I'm not too concerned if the PS3 is delayed. They should take their time and sort these problems out especially the yield issues. If they can keep the cost competitive we already know its going to be a far superior product hardware wise
Date: January 25, 2006 07:51PM
All consoles have big shortages at launch, its just not possible to meet demand without stockpiling them for months beforehand which is not a good idea.
"If they can keep the cost competitive we already know its going to be a far superior product hardware wise"

Thats not really true mate, the general opinion is that the ps3 has a better processor and the 360 has a better GPU (simplistic explanation obviously) Unforunately Sony dont really seem bothered with helping developers out so it'll be really hard to code for making up for any power advantage the ps3 has (which if the current specs are final isnt much, if they're not releasing till 2007 they really need more)
The ps3 will definately be a huge seller and Sony will still have the market lead (probably very comfortably) but I just think they've made some pretty poor choices in its development.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2006 07:52PM by matthewp.
Date: January 25, 2006 08:28PM
Posted by: keiran
If I buy one of the two consoles it will be the PS3. I've enjoyed owning the last two and both still work 100%. Not to worried about any delays because I won't be buying it till the price comes down a bit :p and I'd rather get the blu-ray if it means I'll be ahead of technology which I never am ;)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: January 25, 2006 08:35PM
I'll probably buy one eventually but it will have to go down a lot in price. The first standalone blu-ray players have just been unveiled and they're costing $1800 :| If the ps3 releases in 2006 it'll have to be much more expensive than the 360 let alone the Revolution.

Date: January 25, 2006 10:39PM
Its BetaMax and VHS all over again

For all we know, Blu-Ray could fall flat on its face and HD-DVD could come out on top... Dosn't matter whats more superior quality wise, its which one is marketed the best.

I Think Microsoft are right to only use DVD atm, its been tried and tested, still works and crucially they can see which media comes out on top and back it later... Maybe make a external drive for the 360 seen as it has USB ports or maybe just upgrade the newer units with the drives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2006 10:43PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 25, 2006 10:42PM
Posted by: Guimengo
like the amazing cartridge choice for the N64 ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy