Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: December 08, 2005 11:11AM
Posted by: Covfan
So, why does mine work fine, doesn't overheat, regardless of where I put it in the room?
Date: December 08, 2005 11:21AM
Posted by: matthewp
this is the problem as they are tested in big offices with aircon and probably not in peoples homes with carept heating etc.

you really think they wouldnt test a multi billion dollar project in the environment its aimed at? Some people may think Microsoft are a bunch of idiots but you dont become one of the most succesful companies in the world without knowing what youre doing.

Date: December 08, 2005 11:31AM
Posted by: marcl
these things can never ever be fully tested, the orig xbox and ps2 had dvd drive problems after a few months.

Companies do not have the time to test things to the max they can simulate but never fully test and that is the same with cars, tvs everything
Date: December 08, 2005 11:46AM
No they cant be fully tested as much as they will be when millions of people buy them, but to suggest they were only tested in offices and not in a living room or whatever is totally rediculous.

Date: December 08, 2005 05:44PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
They were tested in normal homes. Lots of people had early versions

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 08, 2005 06:25PM
ok made a mistake sorry.

Just find it hard to beleive after 2 days people had big probs, maybe just a bad batch as people at work have had no probs at all with theirs
Date: December 08, 2005 06:33PM
There'll always be some problems with a big launch like this, the actual amount as a percentage is probably very low its just those are the cases you hear about.

One question for someone in the know as i'm a bit of a noob on the subject, what sort of network equipment would I need to get on live wirelessly as my xbox will be in a different room to my internet connection.

Date: December 08, 2005 06:36PM
Posted by: Karan19
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the actual amount as a percentage is
> probably very low its just those are the cases you
> hear about.

yeah while the percentage maybe low, you're forgetting the power of the media. That news is probably spread all over the world now and I'm sure its not enticing potential buyers anymore ;)
Date: December 08, 2005 07:16PM
Posted by: Covfan
Which is the exact same thing that is going to happen to Sony when they release the Playstation 3 and when Nintendo release the Revolution.
Date: December 08, 2005 07:19PM
The revolution is very unambitous hardware wise (apart from the controller, but I cant see them ballsing that up) so they might get away with it :)

Date: December 08, 2005 07:24PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
One question for someone in the know as i'm a bit of a noob on the subject, what sort of network equipment would I need to get on live wirelessly as my xbox will be in a different room to my internet connection.

Erm, I'd imagine you'd just need an Ethernet Wireless connector, unless the 360 supports USB Wireless now? Netgear and Linksys make them and of course you have Microsofts official one...

You would also need a wireless modem router plugged into your computer and phone line, or you may be able to get away with just a wireless card for your PC and setup a point to point network... But that would mean your PC would have to be connected before you could use Xbox Live

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 08, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: keiran
Its the same with anything really. Look at iPods etc they all hit the papers in a negative way yet there are millions sold and you never hear of the positives. Haven't had the chance to see an xbox 360 running yet.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: December 08, 2005 08:30PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
yup, you never get reports from peop[le without issues...cos they're happy!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: December 09, 2005 11:57AM
How longs the guarantee you get with it? heard it was only 90 days.

Date: December 09, 2005 12:29PM
Just gone through my box to find the warranty, says on there 1 year

Date: December 09, 2005 12:53PM
after i said the people at work did not have probs i murried them lol. One crashed last night and wont start up he said the power supply has blown.

That was after 15 hours of none stop use

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2005 12:54PM by marcl.
Date: December 09, 2005 01:09PM
Posted by: Guimengo
When I got my Sega Genesis in November/December of 1994, I set it up and played FIFA Soccer 94 nonstop for 13 hours, and followed up the next few days with many, many hours! It never crashed, ever!
Date: December 09, 2005 01:51PM

Just gone through my box to find the warranty, says on there 1 year

must just be in America then :)

Date: December 09, 2005 03:18PM

after i said the people at work did not have probs i murried them lol. One crashed last night and wont start up he said the power supply has blown.

That was after 15 hours of none stop use

Thats never good! :o over last weekend I was using it to watch TV and play music, the played PDZ till the early hours of the morning, so had it on all day :) didn't crash for me :o maybe its just too cold here latley to crash :D

Date: December 09, 2005 03:33PM
Another question Ian ;)
You're using it through a monitor so what are you doing for sound? i'd rather not spend £50 on a set of speakers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy