Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: February 03, 2006 01:26AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
[www.megagames.com]

Apparantly its easy to code, lar de dar but check the comments, some of them are classic! :D

I'll keep my PC.

The only game that can make me play a console is MSG

hd dvd sucks and blueray is cool

Stop hyping these f**kin consoles, they are s**t, PC's rule.

some nice unbiased answers there :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: February 03, 2006 12:33PM
Posted by: matthewp
I'd rather listen to Carmack's opinion (on the reason he wont be making games for ps3, at least not immediately) than two guys i've never heard of. Plus some of those quotes are from the Killzone developer which I believe is owned by Sony?

Date: February 03, 2006 01:02PM
I dunno, just saw it on megagames and thought it may have some relevance here :)

Date: February 06, 2006 12:16AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
there can be no justification for buying a fifa footie game. I've played a lot of PES5 this weekend and OH MY GOD! its incredivle. fifa is awful in comparison!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 09, 2006 11:00AM
Posted by: Marmetal
Xbox 360 is much better!
Date: February 09, 2006 11:22AM
Posted by: madotter
PS3 has been put back till March 07 now hasnt it? that sucks...
Date: February 10, 2006 05:39PM
Good article on the ps3:

[www.ehomeupgrade.com]

Date: February 10, 2006 06:31PM
Thats a very interesting read! Also if the release date for the Playstation 3 is March 07, well Xbox 360 gamemakes will have learnt how to take full advantage of the Xbox 360 by that time.. be interesting to see if PS3 gamemakers can take full advantage straight off with the PS3.

Date: February 11, 2006 12:34PM
Its certainly a rather pesimistic angle for an article. The biggest concern imo for sony should be the online service, if they haven't been developing it for over 2 years already they're in big trouble. If they thought it was a periphery feature their market researchers should be sacked. Get it as good as xbox live! Or at least somewhere near it.

I also can't see it selling for a competitive price either.

Why make it so complex? It seems to me to be innovation for the sake of it, not because its necesary. The cpu *might* have the ability to do a lot of teraflops, but 8 cores? Most of which aren't too quick anyway. What does it provide that warrants its technical complexity? Games just aren't that parallel, and I'd be suprised if they will be this gen.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 16, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: MrMan
Thought people might be interested on some news on the PS3.

[www.megagames.com]

Ci
Date: February 20, 2006 01:49AM
Is the confirmed release date for the PS3 in europe March 07 then? :| or is that rumors

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 01:53AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 20, 2006 09:00AM
Rumours, but likely. Lots of whisperings of delays going around too :\

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 20, 2006 07:41PM
Posted by: Karan19
Hopefully they can atleast make it to North America by fall 2006 and even if they do I wonder if that'll come with the customer madness the 360 had due to its very limited stock. A couple of my friends work in electronics stores and boy they had some amusing stories bout what some customers (younger and elder) will do when they dont get what they want ;)

[news.bbc.co.uk]
Date: February 20, 2006 10:34PM
It seems totally odd to me that they haven't yet decided on what connectors to use on the rear - which standards to use. I mean WTF? How are programmers meant to make games if the hardware still isn't finalised for goodness sake?!

I do hope it launches early 07 though, sooner the better.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 21, 2006 12:45PM
Just found this promotional code for HMV.co.uk on a forum, so anyone who wants it can pre-order fight night 3 for £35 delivered.
Just enter GE0001 after ordering.

Date: February 21, 2006 06:13PM
ooo! Thanks Matt ;)

Date: February 21, 2006 07:13PM
Posted by: Karan19
what do the structure and type of connectors have to do with holding developers from working on the games though? its not like theyre trying to decide on the specifications that make up the core of the PS3. these are external mechanical things from the sounds of that article. understandably so theyre not giving much though though...
Date: February 24, 2006 12:17PM
TOKYO

Date: February 27, 2006 11:31AM
Blu-ray drives cost up to 75 percent more than HD-DVD drives, according to Maureen Weber, the general manager of the personal storage group at Hewlett-Packard and a former spokeswoman for the Blu-ray coalition. "There's not a lot of elbow room," she said of the thin profit margins on computers. "The economics of HD-DVD make a lot more sense for us. I'm starting to wonder about the manufacturing ability of Blu-ray."

"The pendulum is swinging back to the HD-DVD camp," said John Freeman, who runs a technology research firm, Strategic Marketing Decisions, which last year declared Blu-ray the front-runner. "It will be interesting to see if the Blu-ray group can recover. It's only a matter of time before people start backing out of the Blu-ray camp."

[www.nytimes.com]

eeep :/

Date: February 27, 2006 09:48PM
Sony need to imo back out of blu ray - they can't afford to include it in the console at $150 per drive surely?! And in any case, 360 doesnt even have HD DVD yet, so its not really losing the fight at all.

I just think there have been some poor decisions by sony this time, overcomplicating the technology for the sake of it, it seems to me.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy