Online Racing Games

Posted by Lucasinio 
Re: Online Racing Games
Date: October 08, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Thats why everyone has to use default weather with NR2003 Rank - 70deg, Clear, No wind. And even if they couldnt hot lap with that, NR"03 still has a fully functional online system and AI that are pretty dam good. GTR fails at both these so its kind of hard to see what to do with it since its not good at any of the 3 points.

Someone on GTR-Rank suggested hacking the game to keep the conditions constant, but Simbin didnt allow it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 08, 2005 08:37PM
Posted by: matthewp
But of course you're then relying on everyone knowing that you have to run in those conditions, not doing otherwise on purpose, and remembering to edit laps done in quicker conditions from the .ini file. (unless i'm mistaken and you can check the conditions used)

Date: October 08, 2005 08:53PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yep, I was just going to say Matt. In my opinion, hotlaps in NASCAR based stuff should be a 70f with 0mph wind and a full tank of fuel, although you should be allowed to drive the tank down and a lap to count, because the tyres do go off.

EDIT: I posted this after Matts last comment on page 2, before him and Ellis made a post :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2005 08:55PM by Glyn.
Date: October 08, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: Guimengo
to be honest I think the next iRacing or whatever it's called now will be the best in the market, does anyone agree?
Date: October 08, 2005 11:17PM
Posted by: gav
That depends on whether you're looking for an official game they've already made (NR2003, which was nearly complete), or a fictional sim probably based on real cars (like rF).

I think the out-of-box experience will eclipse that of rF quite comfortably, but everyone of the modders have moved away from Papy due to their current stance, so how much of a hard-core market will their be?
Date: October 09, 2005 01:49AM
Yeah, I understand that, but I just think how it will be better out-of-the-box, and those guys did a nice job with GPL and apparently with NR 2003 (never played it). So coming from that, I can't help but think they won't disappoint again, especially with the feedback from tyres.

On a sidenote, I don't drive GPL with FFB, but I still can tell how the tyres behave ALL the time, and F1C even with the best FFB I never know what the front is planning on doing...
Date: October 09, 2005 03:09PM
Posted by: Abstraction
so which one would u guys recommend on me buying for a good racing time?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: October 09, 2005 03:48PM
Posted by: LS.
For modability it has to be RFactor, for pure fun it has to be LFS & for hardcore simulation it has to be Nascar/GPL

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 09, 2005 05:11PM

Posted by: matthewp (IP Logged)
Date: October 8, 2005 08:37PM

But of course you're then relying on everyone knowing that you have to run in those conditions, not doing otherwise on purpose, and remembering to edit laps done in quicker conditions from the .ini file. (unless i'm mistaken and you can check the conditions used)

Not sure about ini editing, but like i said, hot lapping may not work in NR2003 but the rest of the game does. All the top games have faults. NR2003 is too easy to fix hot lapping, GPL has crap AI, rF has crap AI, LFS has crap AI. GTR has crap AI, hot lapping and online code!

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 09, 2005 08:39PM
Just been told by a Simbin beta tester that the GTL online code is the exact same as GTRs, meaning is a load of bollocks. Reading the GTL forum on RSC, it has the same problems displayed in GTR and more. Simbin keep up the reputation for releaing broken games then

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 09, 2005 08:40PM
Posted by: Glyn
The, erm, cant think of the right word, is that their mods were superb, but they seem to cock up every retail game they've made :(

Date: October 09, 2005 09:15PM
Posted by: gav
The most hilarious thing I've seen with that game is that people are apparently racing against shadows. Cars are disappearing, and only their shadow remaining.... spooky.

Reading RSC it seems that once again the paying public are beta testing - shame because, again, the demo was quite impressive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2005 09:16PM by gav.
Date: October 09, 2005 09:42PM
Talk about shooting yourself on the foot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy