Battlefield 2

Posted by Abstraction 
Battlefield 2
Date: July 20, 2005 11:56AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i don't think theres a thread about bf2 in here, cuz it certainly deserves it's own thread, because it is an AWESOME game :P

i had the best fun the otherday when i shot down a enemy helicopter full of soldiers, the wreckage lands on a enemie's apc, me = 7 kills :P :D

anyone got it? what rank are you? i'm a lance corp atm :P gonna take me ages to corpral :P

Andrew. Australia.
Re: Battlefield 2
Date: July 20, 2005 01:48PM
Posted by: mortal
I have it, I play as HoLeePhuc and OsamaBinLiner on pagn.net asian server, great fun :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 20, 2005 03:18PM
Posted by: jpmfan
playing the demo, still trying to fine tune it so it plays well but looks good. just waiting to get the money to buy the full game.
Date: July 20, 2005 07:53PM
Posted by: Xero
I got mine last week! :) ...

... but can't play it until I get my gfx card from my work! :( I've been staring at the box all week... it's torchure!!! BF 1942 is up there with my fav games of all time! I really can't wait!! All I know is the cards are being shipped from the US. Might still be a while before I get to play it...
Date: July 21, 2005 01:13AM
Posted by: chet
heard its good.. am buying soon :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 21, 2005 09:17AM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
im lance corp atm too

gotta get to 10,000 :S
Date: July 22, 2005 03:00PM
its fun to play

but the state it was released in was ridiculous

the server browser was terrible, there might be a few balance issues (to be expected) and there are a few other bugs/problems. The fact that there are only 3 armies and only one game mode is a bit poor too.

an expansion pack has also now been announced

it is due to be released in about sebtember or october. imo it is an insult to everyone who bought the game, they probably already had it pretty well underway when the game was released.

how greedy are they?
Date: July 22, 2005 04:54PM
really, but some parts are fun.

btw do u still have the bug when u see teammates as enemies when ur in a aircraft or helicopter?

i had 12 teamkills today :/

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 23, 2005 05:20AM
never noticed it

but i do hate it when you run around a corner and still get shot, my ping of about 12-40 might sugest its not lag either
Date: August 06, 2005 03:43AM
Where's all the Aus servers with a good ping? Getting shot to the sh*thouse here lol

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 06, 2005 10:28AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Actually downloaded the demo last night. Doubt there's anyone on the demo servers, so just getting used to it in single player mode. The AI are terrible, but it's still quite fun (the only other games like this that I have are the MoH games). Love driving the trucks and tanks around.

But it seems a bit 'quiet'. THe Map is really big, and even with 16 people on there, there seems like too little action compaed to Allied Assult or even Pacific Assult. Are there lots of players on the real game servers (ie 32+)?

Date: August 06, 2005 11:45AM
u can turn the maps down ie 50% of original so it becomes a infantry battle. the 100% is made for 64 players, and man, dude they get messy at times.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 06, 2005 11:59AM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Must admit, some of my fave battles have been when it envolves at max 32 people, especially in the city maps, great fun :D
Date: August 07, 2005 08:44AM
try 64 in a map made for 16 :S

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 08, 2005 04:36PM
Posted by: Xero
Been playing it at work while I wait for my gfx card to be delivered... any day now!!... I hope.

I found the urban maps the best too... great fun!
Date: August 08, 2005 04:37PM
Bringing this thread up again, does anyone know how to get the game to recognise a split axis controller. I want to use my Joystick to fly the planes (it's too hard with the keys and mouse), but the game will only recognise the axis going in one way :(

Also, how do you get helicopters to hover? I just go forward or down!

Thanks

Date: August 08, 2005 11:21PM
Have a look at the menu options page, there's setup controllers sections for the vehicles. I use a Freedom2.4 cordless and have no trouble, it has a throttle control behind the joystick. paid $41.00 on ebay ;-) Hovering is not easy, I can't get it right either so your not on your own there. Practice practice I guess, I've seen it done over flags.

Date: August 09, 2005 11:13AM
There is only the screen where you select the controls ie which keys you use for which command. When I move the joystick, it just recognises the axis ie Y axis. But you can't get -Y axis and +Y axis. It just shows Y axis. There's no other screen.

This is in the demo though. Are there more options in the full game?

THanks

Date: August 09, 2005 11:34AM
You really need a joystick that has a twist function, so you can rotate the heli or plane, that way you do not need to use any keys at all. The options are the same for the full version. Not sure what your problem is, if you move the joystick for the up or back movement it puts it in for the down or fwd movement, same for left and right banking, but you do need the turn function on the joystick for the chopper, helps with the plane as well. Having the throttle on the joystick base helps too. Oh and x and y is it, there is no -x or -y.

Date: August 09, 2005 01:17PM
I have got a twist; but what happen is I move it up for forward, and it says x axis (or y, can't remember), and then I move it back for down, bu it still syas x axis. When I play, the axis only works one way ie I can't go backward, only forward on that one axis. It need to be split.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy