GT Legends (56k warning)

Posted by LS. 
GT Legends (56k warning)
Date: July 15, 2005 04:44PM
Posted by: LS.

Racing fans may look forward to a hot fall. The historic motor sports simulation GT Legends which has already received numerous accolades will now be released a few weeks earlier than planned, at the beginning of October! Publisher 10TACLE STUDIOS AG and developer SimBin have confirmed that the development of its PC racing game is in its final testing phase.

Both are particularly proud of the new Directx9 graphics engine, photorealistically displaying the racing scenery thanks to full Shader-support and a beautiful dynamic day and night change.

Looking good :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2006 08:55PM by Vader.
Re: GT Legends
Date: July 15, 2005 04:58PM
Posted by: ralphi
i can't see anything except the text,,

Date: July 15, 2005 05:05PM
Posted by: six degrees
me neither, but I've seen screens of it before and it is looking very promising (altho driving those classics on the modern tracks takes the sheen off somewhat).

there's a trailer on the website somewhere... [www.gtlegends.com]
Date: July 15, 2005 05:26PM
Posted by: rocker
I saw the picture, copy the picture adress and post on your browser adress bar.
But the drivers are using modern helmets. So it's a game based on a moder serie with vintage cars? Well, not a bad idea.

But probably it won't be sold in Brazil. If it looks that good maybe I can buy it on internet. Will see...

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: July 15, 2005 05:29PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
After there "pay to race" online bollocks i'll give this a miss as i dont belive Simbin will be able to create decent AI

I was stupid enough to buy GTR German version and found i was a beta tester for a clearly unfinished product. I hope they dont make this error again

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 15, 2005 10:02PM
Posted by: matthewp
the new shots look very impressive no doubt, cockpits especially look great. Sure it'll be very fun too drive those pre-downforce race cars in the new ISI engine too. For me it'll live or die by its netcode though, I hope the reports that its using the new ISI engine except for its netcode arent true.

Date: July 21, 2005 04:37PM
Posted by: anze89
why's that white car so small?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2005 05:10PM by anze89.
Date: July 21, 2005 04:53PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
game looks nice although i doubt it will look so good on my system :/
trailers only 26 seconds :/
Date: July 21, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Well, bearing in mind they use ISI engines, it's not going to be any better than rFactor, and that's produced by a 'proper' compnay :). I know which I'll be buying.

And yes, old cars on modern tracks is stupid. Still, if you do buy it, there'll be pleanty of 3rd party tracks made for it that are from the correct era.

Date: July 21, 2005 10:20PM
Posted by: Xero
"And yes, old cars on modern tracks is stupid. Still, if you do buy it, there'll be pleanty of 3rd party tracks made for it that are from the correct era."

I don't think they intend to replicate the old times when these cars were racing as new. I think it's more like classic race cars racing in todays time... if you follow.
Date: July 21, 2005 10:22PM
I read somewhere that this will be a sim. of FIA classic championship or something like that and that championship uses old cars on new tracks

Date: July 21, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Yeha, I see what you mean. Still would have been good to put at least some old tracks in though.

Date: July 22, 2005 01:14AM
Posted by: gav
Generally old cars on new tracks suck. Really bad.

Learnt that first from GPL when I saw Sepang for download, and though "great, a track I know - has some nice fast corners, should be fun". It was awful, because you know of it with downforce, and and it feels to boring to drive without downforce. It's just going through the motions, there's not challenge. Brake > steer > throttle. Same with any sim trying to replicate the golden days with new tracks. It just doesn't work.

GTR itself bored the pants off me within 2 weeks. I'm not even gonna bother a try-before-you-buy with this one.

As Go Alesi said, it needs some old versions of the tracks to work at all.
Date: July 22, 2005 08:45AM
Posted by: matthewp
Although I agree to an extent part of the problem there is because GPL has awful low speed tyre physics, so a lot of corners on modern tracks feel terrible in GPL wheras the typical 60s tracks dont have many corners like that so you dont feel it so much.

Date: October 27, 2005 03:14PM
does anyone here alredy have the full version?

I'm gonna buy it when it comes out here in slovenia (I think that will be at the start of November). I'm looking foward to race online against other people (I haven't done something like that for almost 2 years IIRC).

Date: October 27, 2005 03:44PM
Posted by: gav
Check it out first on RSC... staggeringly there's some awful bugs, particularly online... I say staggeringly because it once again appears that Simbin are getting the public to beta-test their products.
Date: October 27, 2005 04:04PM
Posted by: Karan19
car models and lighting looks great...but why does it look like they have ported the tracks over from F1-2001? :|
Date: October 27, 2005 04:17PM
Posted by: marcl
thats y i stopped playing gp4. New cars on old tracks
Date: October 27, 2005 07:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The tracks are good quality from the screens i have seen. But then again, Simbins tracks and car models have always been good. But they are modders, not game developers and it shows by the ammount of bugs, and lying to the customers again. "No starforce". Bollocks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 27, 2005 07:22PM
Posted by: chet
is the physics engine same as rfactor?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy