Recommend a Snack + Drink Thread
Date: May 05, 2011 11:27AM
Posted by: danm
With summer coming up, I thought it'd be nice to share and recommend little snippets of the good things in life - food and drink - to eachother to try out.

After a little shopping trip to the supermarket a few weeks ago, I was inspired by Scott Pococks 'Beers' collection spamming my FB every week. So I decided to buy and document every single bottle of Cider I could find, as frankly, I hate the taste of beer.

So wherever I go, if I see a bottle I've not tried, I'll buy one and rate them.

I bought about 35 different bottles that weekend, so the collection is growing.

Quite a few nasty ones that were pretty vile, namely last nights 'Cornish Rattler Fruit Cider'. Blergh. Avoid it, tastes like poor mans plastic bottle cider with a melted ice pop lolly thrown in for sweetness.

And then this beauty made an appearance.

'Rekorderlig'
Swedish.
Mixed Fruit Cider.
Wild Berries.

Outstanding. No other words, it truly is a champion of Ciders.
Its sweet, but like a weak drink of blackcurrant squash. Not syrup sweet like most ciders. Its refreshing like water on a hot day, lightly fizzy, enough to take many sips without needing to burp your insides out like Strongbow does.

They sell it in the UK, at the moment ASDA sells 3 for £5.

Honestly? Try some, I think you'll be impressed! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 11:28AM by danm.
Re: Recommend a Snack + Drink Thread
Date: May 05, 2011 11:50AM
Posted by: Nickv
You've just bought shares?
Date: May 05, 2011 02:11PM
Posted by: senninho
Rekorderlig do extremely good cider - you've earned your commission ;)

Seriously though, I started to do a similar thing with wheat beers, particularly German ones. I gave up in the end, but will always recommend:

A surprising thumbs-up is also due for Holsten - specifically anything brewed in Hamburg. It's almost 100% better than what we end up with in the UK.

Date: May 06, 2011 02:21AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Rekorderlig are fantastic, they do another one, Strawberry & Lime, really tashty stuff.

If you can manage to get your hands on this baby though - nicest stuff I've ever drank: [beeradvocate.com] Floris Apple Beer.
Date: May 06, 2011 11:26PM
Posted by: Vader
I'm not a beer drinker. If I do it's either cold Jever, a beer from Northern Germany with an extra bit of hop.

or Köstritzer Schwarzbier

I like all kind of vodka based drinks, but also white rum. Especially daiquiris

8 parts of white rum (Havana Club Añejo 3 años)
2 parts of lime juice
2 parts of sugar sirup

Shake with ice and strain in a chilled cocktail glass. If you fill like it replace the sugar sirup with any sirup you like. Strawberry is quite common, I like woodruff every now and then.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy