grandprixgames page errors

Posted by winstonmalcolm 
grandprixgames page errors
Date: March 08, 2011 04:48PM
Posted by: winstonmalcolm
Hi All,

I've had this problem for months and as a result thought this site was down.
I know people's first thought will be that it's an issue with my PC but I am convinced it isn't.

The problem is this site failing to load in both IE and Firefox.
I am using IE from work to post this message.

I run Linux and Windows XP at home.When trying to access this site both browsers in Windows, the page patially loads and then just hangs.
Both browsers complain of page errors and I have also used IE's error tool which redirects me to a site which tests the site I'm attempting to access,the site confirms the presents of coding errors.

I have found that I can access the site though in Linux using Firefox!

My brother and I access the net through a router which is not blocking the site (ie Linux access ).My brother has the same issue in IE and Firefox.

I've done all the obvious things like clearing cash,cookies and history.I've checked my security settings and even added grandprixgames.org as a trusted site. As I say this has been the case for months and I only tried accessing again as I wanted to update GP4 and kept getting referals in google searches.

Has anyone else had or heard of simular issues?

Regards

WInston
Re: grandprixgames page errors
Date: March 08, 2011 06:58PM
Posted by: msater
Try Google Chrome.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 08, 2011 07:14PM
Posted by: gav
If it's happening in IE and Firefox, it's unlikely another browser is going to make much difference.

I'd imagine it's a problem at your ISP's end, though unfortunately I've no idea what.

I know some Dutch users couldn't access the forum for a while after the redesign - might be a related issue?
Date: March 08, 2011 09:40PM
Posted by: mortal
You are in Manchester UK, afaik, right now, no other users in the UK have access problems. There was some issues after the site rebuild as Gav said, however those have been fixed. Occasionally, some users get a blank page, however a cache flush usually fixes it.
Test this ip in your browser: 212.91.233.40
Also refer this site to your isp and query as to why you cannot access the site when it is up.
Test a site here: [www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 08, 2011 11:50PM
Posted by: winstonmalcolm
Ahhhh finally sorted it !!

I found the answer here

[en.kioskea.net]

It's quite interesting, apparently the web server put me in a "BAND LIST" because I accessed it "over a router from more that one computer or application at the same time for a period of time."
I've never heard of this before, anyway I tried the suggested solution and it worked.
One for the memory banks I think.

Thanks for your input
Date: March 09, 2011 12:06AM
Posted by: msater
Glad you got it sorted :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy