Snow no, not again!

Posted by gav 
Snow no, not again!
Date: November 26, 2010 09:56AM
Posted by: gav
So it's back.

We had an inch or 2 yesterday and then it snowed HARD last night. Twas heavy from 10:20 until 11pm when I went to bed... and it must have continued for a while after that because I woke up to over a foot of snow this morning.

While I managed to get into work yesterday (starting at 7:30am and arriving at 10:30am) today it's closed, primarily because only 2 teachers could have made it in.

A couple of quick snaps. The first shot contains a standard 30cm ruler stood up on a wheelie bin (underexposed so you can make out the hole I dug in front of the ruler so you can see it). In the second shot I refused to go further than the back gate, as the tunnel up our back path only went that far. :P

Click for the full size.
Re: Snow no, not again!
Date: November 26, 2010 11:23AM
Posted by: mortal
Ooh snow pics! Luvly. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 28, 2010 12:16PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Look at the view from my kitchen:

(this is in South Shields)

dunno why pic is so big, cba to change it now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 12:17PM by loque.
Date: December 01, 2010 11:17AM
Adding to the couple of earlier photos indicating how much snow we had last Friday, I took the camera out for 20 minutes on Sunday too. It's snowed little since (just heavy showers which cover the road and are removed quickly). It's mainly going over our heads now and heading inland, dumping on the likes of Graham more now.

Just some quick shots really as I couldn't be bothered to go very far. Full-size photos are linked if you want to see them.

First 3 shots are just lazy shots from within the house.

1) Quick shot of our side garden. We did dig a tunnel up the back path, but it was quickly filling up again.

2) Back garden ft. afro shed. Taken through the kitchen window.

3) The front garden, taken through the living room window.

4) The main road through Shilbottle, past our house. The local farmers have done a stunning job of keeping the normally cut-off Shilbottle moving, though with only one lane, even now.

5) Hansel & Gretal house!

6) Looking down a little lane near the church.

7) And, being economical (read: lazy), turning around and looking the other way, towards the church.

8) A summer chalet. Occupied!
Date: December 01, 2010 11:32AM
Posted by: mortal
Awesome pics! Thanks. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 02, 2010 11:19AM
Posted by: harjinator
i would post some from Loughborough... but we literally only have a few mm. No idea whjat everybody's fussing about!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 03, 2010 12:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ahhh, Shilbottle. Are people still crossing the 'L's on the signs???
Date: December 03, 2010 01:42AM
Posted by: Slash
Juve vs Lech yesterday

Date: December 03, 2010 09:21AM
loque
Ahhh, Shilbottle. Are people still crossing the 'L's on the signs???

Christ, someone knows the place! I normally just say I live in Alnwick, which some people who've ventured north of York/south of Edinburgh may have actually heard of... and for those who haven't, it's a source of endless amusement listening to them trying to pronounce it.

But yes... it's normally us that does it too.
Date: December 04, 2010 06:14PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Finally we got snow here, it started last night and it kept on coming consistently overnight. There's maybe 4-5" of snow, not a foot :P.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy