Section 44

Posted by mortal 
Section 44
Date: December 13, 2009 08:16AM
Posted by: mortal
Now I've heard everything. The picture that could land you in jail: How police in Big Brother Britain treat you like a terrorist for taking holiday snaps.
Not only is there one camera for every 17 people...(how Orwellian), just taking a holiday snap could land you in jail! However I did spend two weeks in the UK last year and took 4000 pics and failed to get arrested. ;)
BigBrother

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Section 44
Date: December 13, 2009 08:53AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Whilst there is some truth to these stories, lets not use the Daily Fail to try and make a point. The amount of bullshit that is padding that article is quite outstanding.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 13, 2009 08:56AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL Dave, I just knew you'd bite. Merry Christmas!! (B)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 13, 2009 09:00AM
Bite? It was advice. If you want credibility don't post read the Daily Fail. Unless you want your morning fill of good old fashioned British Racism, in that case, dig right in.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 13, 2009 10:12AM
Posted by: gav
It's true people are being stopped from taking photos, but I've never read from a photographer that he's been arrested. Stopped from taking photos, yes, but on no photography forum have I seen someone being arrested, so, like Dave, I'm inclined to just call usual Daily Mail bullshit.

Some of the public, and PCSO it seems, are concerned by those with DSLRs, and there is a case for those who use tripods in a built-up public area (they are quite a safety hazard), but it's rare. Random Joe Tourist with his point and shoot will have no bother whatsoever.

For the record, this summer I was down in London with 2 DSLRs dangling around my neck and a big rucksack (which could have contained a BOMB!) in and on some of the the most popular tourist destinations, and no one even bothered glancing at me.
Date: December 13, 2009 11:39AM
Posted by: Covfan
There was a report a few weeks ago that the police have been told to stop treating people who take photos like criminals.

I blame foreigners, coming into this country, how dare they take pictures, they must all be terrorists! [/daily_fail]
Date: December 13, 2009 12:55PM
Real news regarding the population of the UK rising. The same story, from 3 different newspapers

The Independent: Baby Boom Drives British Population To Record High

The Sun: Randy Couples push population to 61 million

The Daily Mail: An Immigration baby boom is fuelling Britain's fastest population growth in half a century.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 13, 2009 06:06PM
Posted by: madotter
Next time Mortal, I wouldn't bother ;-)
Date: December 13, 2009 08:08PM
Posted by: harjinator
if it's true, this country deserves to be bombed, purely to rid the world of the stupidity of over beurocracy

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 13, 2009 09:01PM
Posted by: danm
This country has been going to @#$%& since about 1997. Bring back maggie thatcher.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy