Posted by EC83 
Re: The Party Thread!
Date: December 03, 2009 05:25PM
Posted by: Vomit
indeed they are :P
Date: December 06, 2009 03:06AM
Posted by: EC83
OK, first drunk post for a while. (This is the 3rd computer I've tried on the bank of them there are at the Union, and it finally let me log in here! Yay!)
Had 5 pints so far, on my 6th now(although I've only paid for 5, since I'm good mates with one of the guys that works behind the bar at the pub where I was before I came here! W00t!)

Been spending a lot of time in the club on the top floor, which is playing cheesy 90s music!

Date: December 06, 2009 04:13AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
mate of mine's been doing a girl i used to go out with. This girl told her good friend who subsequently told me cos we're pretty tight. So I knew all about it. Couldn't have cared less but I had him over and we sat on my roof and had obnoxious amounts of booze and he told me all about it. Once he was done I told him I already knew it all. Why I'm writing all this i'm not sure BUT THE POINT IS it's now the day after and i'm still not-quite-ready-to-go-for-a-drive yeah. Do any of you poms finish your sentences verbally with "innit?" ? or "you know what i mean?" or "that's my trolley!", the latter being said with a very ringo starresque tone
Date: December 06, 2009 09:57PM
Well last night ended up being pretty ordinary for a night out, had a couple more pints after I posted and a couple of Smirnoff Ice-type thingies to finish off with because they're cheap as hell. So I had a pretty average amount to drink too, by my standards. Spent most of my time in the Union in the top floor club I mentioned, rather than the club on the ground floor which was playing the kind of electro/techno/dance/@#$%& I absolutely hate.
I did get speaking to a pretty hot girl in the pub at one point, things seemed to be going well, but when I came back from the bathroom she and her mates had left! Amazing how fickle people can be sometimes. I'd be lying if I said I cared particularly though.

At the end of the night I got some food from the 24-hour bakery that's situated pretty centrally in Dundee(that place has saved me more times than I care to remember), got home and ate said food while watching my video of the 1990 Hungarian GP. (At the end of a night out I always watch a video of a vintage GP, I don't know why, it's been a habit of mine for years now)

Best of all, when I woke up today, no hangover! Yes!

Date: December 07, 2009 01:01PM
Posted by: danm
Oh dear. Im not the one to be nasty, but I got into a bit of a scrap on thursday night. Tut tut.

My 'lovely' girlfriend is a little naive to say the least, and last week ended up being the only girl in a group of 4 or 5 spotty never-spoken-to-a-girl-but-im-loaded-with-cash guys after a night out with all her guy and girl coursemates. Theyre really sleazy, if a bit immature, and its clear they are waiting for a drunk opportunity.

Of course, being a guy, I can smell a rat a mile off when 'nice guys' want to walk girls home/look out for them. Yeah, if theres a whiff of nookie.

Naturally sceptical of these guys she was with, I then found out they all were meant to go to a house party after, but these guys led her back to their house when my girlfriends girl friend didnt get in the same taxi to 'grab some booze' before supposedly heading back to the party. I never got a call all night, and normally i get a text to say shes ok. So I phoned up, and low and behold, I am told 'It's OK dan im with these guys and girls from my course, were at their house, its fine. So and so is outside havign a cigarette, and the other girl is in the room'. She is a bit drunk. Long story short, its silent in the background, for whats meant to be a party, and I just hear guys laughing and sniggering. Fishy!

Turns out infact there are no other girls, her friend didn't go back with her, the guys made sure it was only them and my girlfriend in the taxi and its four guys and her. Yeah right!

Needless to say I found out where she was and went straight round to get her back. I don't trust them for a second!

So that was a week and a half ago! On THURSDAY these same guys were out. It gets more amusing... its a gay guys birthday, and its kids tv and movies fancy dress theme. It is full of mona the vampires, alice in wonderlands, scooby doo, spongebob, ace ventura etc.

I am dressed.... as a ghostbuster.

I get eyeballed at and shifty looks from some guys ive never seen before in my life. No idea who they are. All night, righ tup until we went to a club, still giving me shiftys. I then discover that captain shifty eyes and his buddy were the guys who took my girlfriend back to their flat that night. Makes sense!

One of the guys during the night finds it amusing to steal my girlfriend away from my side and drag her to the dancefloor backwards. Only adds to my scepticism that he's a bit of a bell end. She isnt impressed.

And later on, he finds it funny to pull my proton back hoover hose and wave it around. I am slightly more pissed off. But, the creme de la creme was when he went from behind *BOOM BOOM* lol and pulls my night vision goggles off. Kaboom. I flipped out.

I would love to see a video of this replayed, as some tall skinny runt is faced off by a guy a good 6 inches shorter dressed in a full on ghostbusters pack and suit giving him some good eyeballing and abuse right back. I must have looked like scrappy doo, but all his cronies pulled me back, and I then felt a bit like a tit.

Very funny though. If I ever see him, I will castrate him and remove his testes with an ice-cream scoop. A plastic one. From poundland.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 01:06PM by danm.
Date: December 08, 2009 12:31AM
Ouch Dan, that's rough, and you have my sympathy dude.
I know exactly the kind of sleazy, scummy guys you're on about, and they get on my nerves, big time. (I even ended up falling out with one guy who had been a mate of mine - and who I used to watch F1 races with years ago, as it happens - because he'd gradually turned into one.)
These guys sound like they were way out of order too, and it sounds like you showed admirable restraint.

Date: December 10, 2009 02:46AM
Posted by: Fincent
Same here Dan, respect for not beatin down on his punk ass lol. And your story sounds scarily familiar EC83.

Basically, Im from the north and I had a friend who lives right near to Silverstone who I went to the British GP with in 2008. Also stayed over for the Singapore weekend that same year and watched it on TV with him. Proper gentleman, really nice lad! The next time I saw him after that was after his first year of uni, when I asked him up to Liverpool where I live and stay for the week so he could watch the 2009 Aussie GP with me and have a look around the city. I ended up driving him back down to Nottingham (his uni, a good 2 hour drive each way as well) on the Sunday afternoon because I'd found out he'd been on MSN to one of my girlfriend's mates a few weeks before and proper got abusive with her because she wouldnt entertain his type of conversation, shall we say. Also he was being really sexist around my girlfriend, not in the friendly kind of way and I could tell she wanted to kick off on him. He was a proper nice lad when I first met him but after his first year of uni he'd become a proper player type of person and a complete dick, which is a shame cos I spent some awesome times with him. That was the last time I saw him, back in march and to be honest, I dont think I'll be seeing him again because I found out recently that he's now in a long distance relationship with my ex who I was with when I went to Silverstone 2008. The reason we broke up just after Silverstone is because she was going to uni in Manchester and didn't think a long distance relationship would work lol.

Funny how things work out sometimes isn't it?

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: December 10, 2009 06:34PM
Hey Fincent, that's pretty harsh too man, and I feel your pain totally. The guy sounds like a total cock - and how any girl could find him attractive is beyond me. It's puzzling how people can completely change, and disconcerting how people who have been good mates can slowly turn into people who you can no longer identify with.

The guy I fell out with changed more slowly, over a longer period, but the transformation from good guy to scumbag was pretty similar.
I'd known him since school, since about 2000, and when we first met we got on awesomely well - it was like we had everything in common. We weren't just big F1 fans, we were both fans of the same driver(MS) and team(Ferrari). When he went to Spa to see the Belgian GP in 2002, he gave me his ticket as a souvenir afterwards and everything. From the beginning of 2002 we started getting together to watch GPs live, and we had some great times together which included nights out, partying and just chilling out together. This went on regularly till mid-2007, by which time the friendship had begun to degenerate.
The changes in him were very subtle at first, and realisation that he'd changed only crept up on me.
Basically I noticed he'd started telling strange stories which didn't add up when I thought about them, and sometimes he even told flat-out lies for his own personal gain(For example, one time when he and I got a take-away on a night out, he offered to pay for both our take-aways and said I could square him up afterwards. The price of what I ordered was £2.30. When I went to square him up he told me I owed him £3.30. (We were drunk at the time, and he was relying on me forgetting what the price had been.) I never forgot, gave him the £2.30 and asked him what he was playing at, to which he responded by throwing a strop as an attempted guilt-trip. This was no big deal in itself, but it's a great example of the kind of little things he used to do, all the time. And as time went on he did them more and more often.). He also developed a tendency to be very critical of his mates, even to the point of bullying at times, then having an attitude problem if they weren't best pleased by what he'd said. He also was completely incapable of taking any criticism himself without reacting like a spoilt 5-year-old, which made his tendency to criticise others even more ridiculous. It was like he developed a twisted superiority complex.
Then after I got a Bebo page, he began trolling on it and posting retarded and inflammatory comments on my photos, under the guise of "banter". After I deleted a lot of said comments and told him to stop being a prat, he sent a bitchy email complaining that he was "being unfairly treated" and then wouldn't speak to me for the next few weeks.
But the last straw came after I caught him cheating on his girlfriend with a girl he'd met a couple of weeks earlier while he was on a weekend trip back to Dundee from Edinburgh to watch the 2007 Brazilian GP with me(said girl never influenced his decision to spend the whole weekend in Dundee, of course). I told him I knew what had happened and, mainly out of disgust, warned him that I might not be able to keep quiet about it if he didn't come clean to his GF, since she had a right to know. He threw a huge melodramatic strop(which, if I'm honest, almost cracked me up), left and stormed off to Edinburgh again in a huff. Then, a couple of days later, he sends an absolutely vile email on Bebo in which he whinges at length about not being mentioned and praised on my Bebo page, says he's "spoken to lots of people about this", tells a pack of lies about the mutual friends we have - saying they all hate me and speak about me behind my back - and trying to smear their reputations, and generally spouting so much egotistical crap about himself that the whole email was really just a LOLfest, from start to finish. (Probably funniest of all was his description of himself - "a man of morals"! LMAO!)
So he well and truly dug a hole for himself.
I sent an email back pointing out how up himself and full of BS he was, and basically how he could go @#$%& himself. Then I blocked him.
That ended things.

It wasn't all bad though, because through this I learned a great deal about how to distinguish between a true friend and a false one, what all the signs are, and how to handle disagreements and arguments maturely.

This is turning into more of a "Coffee talk" thread! ;)

Date: December 13, 2009 11:59AM
Posted by: Covfan
And later on, he finds it funny to pull my proton back hoover hose and wave it around. I am slightly more pissed off. But, the creme de la creme was when he went from behind *BOOM BOOM* lol and pulls my night vision goggles off.

I'm sorry but that is just genius (the description)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy