BlackBerry Storm vs. Apple iPhone

Posted by LS. 
Re: BlackBerry Storm vs. Apple iPhone
Date: March 13, 2009 03:25PM
Posted by: Covfan
Do you still need an iTunes account to get the album artwork?
Date: March 13, 2009 05:45PM
Posted by: LS.
cheers boys, sorted it now, many thanks :)

btw what cool apps do you have zcott?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 13, 2009 08:02PM
Posted by: Zcott
I'm not a big app user; the majority of my apps are installed in case of urgent need. Best ones I've found are BeeJive for IM, Zen Bound for a game (seriously, check it out), Shazam for identifying music, Lightsaber (who can resist the swishing sound?), eBay, and Tweetie for Twitter.

Glad to hear you got one, how long before you want an iPhone? ;-)

Date: March 13, 2009 08:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I try to get updates for Nightwatch and UrbanSpoon but I can't change the e-mail of my iTunes store account! My stepmom somehow screwed it up and put my dad's e-mail when she played with it, now everytime I need to do something I have to enter a password I don't know to an account that doesn't exist :(. I have no hopes of properly working the Settings of the iPod Touch, it's a little bit unfriendly and before it's mentioned, no there's no manual that came with it. Last I saw I had to purchase it online :\.
Date: March 14, 2009 03:49AM
Change that in iTunes. Go to store > sign out then sign back in again.

Date: March 14, 2009 07:58PM
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not a big app user; the majority of my apps
> are installed in case of urgent need. Best ones
> I've found are BeeJive for IM, Zen Bound for a
> game (seriously, check it out), Shazam for
> identifying music, Lightsaber (who can resist the
> swishing sound?), eBay, and Tweetie for Twitter.
>
> Glad to hear you got one, how long before you want
> an iPhone? ;-)

Very impressed with the ITouch, when the next version of the Iphone comes out and it has a better camera etc then i'll shall be getting one, hopefully by then Apple will have copied some of the security and business stuff from Blackberry then it will be perfect! :)

I still love my Blackberry storm to bits, its awesome! but its very serious and business like. A little bit "stiff upperlip" compared to the Iphone which is cool and fun! :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 14, 2009 10:31PM
quick Itunes question, when i want to remove a album i untick the tracks and when it syncs the album is no longer on my Itouch, but in Itunes its still there ( with the unticked boxes) i thought i could just hightlight them and right click and select delete, but theres no option to remove the old albums i had.

Anyone know how to get rid of the old album lists on itunes?

cheers

**edit**

sorted it now, its shift + delete :)

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 12:14AM by LS..
Date: March 15, 2009 03:09AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
so i paid for and downloaded zen bound on your recommendation mr zcott....i seem to be in a cyclical pattern of playing it for about 10 mins, getting sick of it and stopping playing it, then craving another go about half an hour later. It's probably more a reflection on my strange personality than the game, but it's definitely an interesting concept, I'll give you that much. I knew you wouldn't let me down after you enjoyed AIRFRAME.
Date: March 15, 2009 03:29AM
MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> so i paid for and downloaded zen bound on your
> recommendation mr zcott....i seem to be in a
> cyclical pattern of playing it for about 10 mins,
> getting sick of it and stopping playing it, then
> craving another go about half an hour later.

lol me too! i like the soothing music that accompanys it too :)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 16, 2009 04:51PM
@Mike: I knew you'd enjoy it after your previous recommendation of AIRFRAME by MICHAEL CRICHTON. It's surprisingly addictive.

@LS: Choose the "secret exit" from the main menu and you'll get a link to download the soundtrack. It's really nice.

Date: March 17, 2009 04:28PM
Cheers Zcott, will get that next time i'm in WiFi hotspot :)

I downloaded 2 videos from Itunes and would like to include some i already have on my harddrive but cant find a way of getting them into the same "Music video" folder that Itunes created with the ones i paid for.

Am i being incredibly thick or is there a simple way of doing this thats too obvious for me to see?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: March 17, 2009 05:19PM
Try going to file > add to library in iTunes. Bear in mind they'll probably need to be converted to .mp4; I use a program called Videora (which is pretty horrible but works).

Date: March 17, 2009 10:35PM
Posted by: gav
In related news, it seems that Apple are going to dish out a nice free but major update (OS 3.0) for the iPhone (first gen included), bringing the feature list into line with some other devices and generally polishing it up. Basically, 3.0 is what the iPhone should have been from the off.

Available today as a beta for registered developers, and coming free of charge to iPhone customers this summer, OS 3.0 promises over 100 new features. The notable inclusions, detailed by Apple, are as follows:

* Cut, copy and paste
* MMS (iPhone 3G only)
* Landscape view for Mail
* Text and Notes
* Stereo Bluetooth
* Syncing Notes to the Mac and PC
* Shake to shuffle
* Parental controls for TV shows, movies and apps from the App Store
* Automatic login at Wi-Fi hot spots
* Voice Memo app
* Expanded search capability for all key iPhone apps, as well as Spotlight search across the iPhone or iPod touch.

Despite offering a number of a welcome features, the forthcoming OS is far from groundbreaking and Apple's efforts appear to have been focused on the updated Software Development Kit (SDK). Apple claims to have added 1,000 new APIs to its SDK, including in-app purchasing, peer-to-peer connectivity, an app interface for accessories and push notification.

Source and more: Hexus.lifestyle | Apple previews iPhone OS 3.0, teases long-awaited basic functionality (and probably every other half-decent technology website)

I'll still not be swapping my HTC Touch Pro for one though. It did do everything I wanted out of the box. ;)

But at least it becomes a truly viable alternative for the business or heavy user out there, rather than the more casual user it was previously limited to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 10:37PM by gav.
Date: March 17, 2009 11:17PM
gav Wrote:
> In related news, it seems that Apple are going to
> dish out a nice free but major update (OS 3.0)
>
> * Cut, copy and paste

The Cut and copy/paste is probably the most useful thing ive ever had on a modern phone using the internet browser! i use it all the time, cant think why its taken handset manufacturers so long to implement it.

The update also works with the ITouch so yay!

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 11:19PM by LS..
Date: March 18, 2009 02:17AM
3.0 is going to be awesome. Push, MMS, copy/paste...a whole bunch of really great features to keep the iPhone ahead of the game.

Date: March 18, 2009 11:04AM
Posted by: senninho
OS 3.0 removes all of the things that made me hesitate about getting an iPhone. I'm getting one anyway, but this makes me feel more confident about not getting frustrated with it :)

Only problem now is that my current contract ended on monday, i want one now, but the rumour is that O2 will be making them free on all tariffs from May to clear out stock in anticipation of the alleged iPhone Nano :(

Date: March 18, 2009 03:41PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Get a month-by-month thing and jump in the bandwagon in May :P
Date: March 18, 2009 04:53PM
Yeah, that's what i am leaning toward. Not fair though, i want one now! ;)

Date: March 18, 2009 05:48PM
Posted by: MattB
McDiscount ftw!

£45p/m contract: Free phone, unlimited web browsing, texts and calls. For £32p/m :)

Date: March 19, 2009 12:04AM
MattB Wrote:
> McDiscount ftw!
>
> £45p/m contract: Free phone, unlimited web
> browsing, texts and calls. For £32p/m :)

How? Where? You lucky sod ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy