New Road Ferrari

Posted by casabonka 
Re: New Road Ferrari
Date: May 20, 2008 08:39PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well yeah it's obviously technically better than an MR2. But really, if you are buying a drop-top "mid-range" Ferrari with the name "California", then looks are obviously important to the driver. And if looks and status are important to the driver, then I can't see anyone serious buying a car that looks like a fat Toyota.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 20, 2008 10:45PM
Posted by: IWE
Are they serious? Who should buy this car, exept maybe some hc collector? There is so much better looking "fresh" Ferraris than this one . 360, 430, Enzo, FXX,..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 20, 2008 10:48PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
TBH the Enzo and the FXX and go on are all hideous cars, this one looks nice, like the 599, only 2 who really looks nice imo..

Date: May 20, 2008 11:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
ferrari peaked with the F40 and it all went downhill from there...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 21, 2008 12:08AM
Posted by: n00binio
i really don´t like it´s name: a ferrari can´t be named california - no way
Date: May 21, 2008 03:33AM
Posted by: MattB
The best ferraris for me (Being all modern and things) are the F40 (My Favourite car ever) and F430. I do like this car though, im not much of a drop top fan, but its really growing on me

Date: May 21, 2008 07:25AM
n00binio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i really don´t like it´s name: a ferrari can´t
> be named california - no way

1958 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder. One recently sold for almost $11 million, to Chris Evans none-the-less.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 07:32AM by DaveEllis.
Date: May 21, 2008 07:52AM
Posted by: Guimengo
As much as I dislike this California, I am glad it isn't as bad as the 1984 Cabriolet. The only explanation to that is someone from Lamborghini working under cover and designing that crap :P
Date: May 21, 2008 11:14AM
Posted by: autogyro
It does look a bit too rounded. I would not hesitate to drive one (if given the chance), however.

I think it's better looking than the 612 Scaglietti.
Date: May 21, 2008 03:25PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: May 21, 2008 06:05PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I will maintain til the end of time that this is one of the most beautiful cars ever produced.
Date: May 21, 2008 10:29PM
Posted by: Glyn
What do people think of the Jag E Type?

I know people rave on (mostly oldies ;)) but this is the one car I really can't see what people see in it. I wouldn't say it's not pretty with the curves, but I can't say it works well on a car. It looks odd :S It's like an old painting of something - you can say it's pretty, but you wouldn't let it anywhere near your house no matter what.

Date: May 21, 2008 11:21PM
Posted by: n00binio
that car is a real beauty, i wouldn´t mind if that car stood in front of my house
Date: May 21, 2008 11:33PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
That's a close 2nd on my list of beautiful cars.

Love E-types, such a simple design but works wonderfully.
Date: May 22, 2008 03:36AM
Glyn, I could see that car being great for drive-in movies where you just lay on top of the bonnet ;), other than that it's not pretty at all but back then it probably was one of the revolutionary and trendy cars (like we see with a Ferrari that looks similar and the 007 Mercedes)
Date: May 22, 2008 04:11AM
Posted by: sasjag
f'in beautiful car is that Jag, one of my all time faves!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 22, 2008 07:58AM
Posted by: IWE
Jaguar is not 1 of my favourite cars, but this model is real classic and it looks a lot better than these California-Craps.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 24, 2008 02:00AM
Posted by: Karan
Yikes! I sure hope it looks better in person (it might) cause it doesnt look too pretty to me in those pictures. Ferrari have a LOT of catching up to do in the looks-dept, after Lamborghini blessed our world with the Reventon.

Date: May 30, 2008 04:17AM
More Official Photos today, with the roof up.

More Photos

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2008 04:32AM
With the roof up it looks SO much better. And my oh my, they really edited that shot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy