Logitech G25

Posted by James21 
Logitech G25
Date: June 08, 2008 01:25AM
Posted by: James21
Been lurking here a bit the past few weeks and decided to post. I was wondering if this wheel is worth the money? I've already got a DFP so is it better than that? Would like the opinion of someone who's actually got and uses one regularly. I used to race online a fair bit but haven't in about a year but now uni's finished I feel like getting back into it, so it would see regular use.

Also if I do take the plunge does anyone fancy a freeish (P+P) DFP in the UK? Can't be arsed trying to sell it.
Re: Logitech G25
Date: June 08, 2008 02:29AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I use mine regularly and cannot really fault it.

The wheel itself is great. Very good build quality, certainly much better than the Momos. A lot of metal and high quality plastics, not cheap feeling. The pedals are also good. Very smooth and solid feeling.

If I had to be picky, the shifter is rubbish. I prefer the Act Labs shifter. It is too plastic and bendy and doesn't feel as solid. There is only 2 buttons on the wheel but the rest are on the shifter, so if you are sensible then it is okay.

But those are minor faults compared to the excellence of the wheel and pedals.

Oh, and they need to make it wireless. The new Porsche wheel is wireless, and the G25 has 4 seperate cables, so it gets a bit busy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 08, 2008 10:19AM
Posted by: gav
Pretty much as Dave says really. The only wheel in the past in it's sort of price range that's been of similar quality is their own MOMO Force (the original black one, not the MOMO Racing Force).

I agree that the shifter is quite poor, but at least it gives a good resounding click to let you know something you'd otherwise be without (it doesn't make it realistic, and the click is even intrusive if racing at night but it kind of works). You sense it was a late addon rather than something that compliments the wheel.

Haven't used the pedals as I've got a set of BRDs, but they do seem very good, again comparable to the MOMO Force's in range and smoothness. Miles better than the MOMO Racing pedals.

My only complaint is the common one of a lack of buttons on the wheel itself. It doesn't really affect me, but I'd like something closer to hand than the multitude of ones on the shifter. I'd imagine it's a bigger issue for rFactor racers with all the options they have for things like continual brake-bias adjustment.
Date: June 08, 2008 12:09PM
Looks like I'll take the plunge then, i've got an acts lab shifter somewhere anyway, will have to dig it out.

So does anyone fancy a free dfp then? Otherwise I'll stick it on ebay.
Date: June 08, 2008 12:41PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The G25 has paddles of course if you want to just use those.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 08, 2008 01:26PM
Posted by: harjinator
@James21, where do you live? I'd maybe be interested in the dfp... I'd make it worth your while of course...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 08, 2008 01:53PM
Well my wheel's at home, which is *cough* essex *cough* but I'm currently at uni so would be able to send it out till the 23rd or something because i don't finish till then (well actually my last exam is tomorrow, but got all sorts of finalist stuff going on).
Date: June 09, 2008 12:30PM
cool, i finish on the 20th, so will be at my new flat from then... sounds cool-i'll send you a cheque or somthing for postage... Not much wrong with Essex, i'm from Hull *shudder*

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 09, 2008 05:28PM
cool, am quite drunk at the moment but I'll send you a pm in the next few days when i'm feeling sober (probably saturday at this rate). Hoping the karma from giving someone a free(ish) wheel will mean i'll get a 2:1! Just to let you know it's in pretty good condition, maybe a few scrapes on the unit where it's been squeezed under my desk but that's it i think. hope you enjoy it!
Date: June 09, 2008 07:40PM
yay! happy drinking!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy