Myspace

Posted by SHEEPY 
Re: Myspace
Date: May 26, 2007 08:03PM
Posted by: chet
By saying you like "quite a bit heavier stuff" you are implying that ALL Emo music is not heavy, and also that you only like music that makes a lot of noise; regardless of its message, the attitude of the band who play it, or the quality of their playing."

Firstly I dont just like heavier stuff, if anyones heard of Emery, they are one of my favourite bands, along with Sullivan, and those two bands are by no means heavy.

And actually, the reason I like most of the music I do is because of the message... Just because a band makes alot of noise, does not mean there is no message, so does not imply i like it because of the noise ;-)

But there are a few bands who I dont care for them, but the music they play is good. Bands where I dont care what they believe in because the music they play is simply amazing, and I enjoy listening to it.

However, the song in this video is from one of my all time favourite bands, The Chariot...ive met them once when they came to Britain towards the end of last year, and they are a nice group of guys, at the gig there was no more than 35 of us too lol. The messages with his songs go much deeper than people think, you can read all over the net what people think the songs mean, but most arent even close... but the thing is they are open to opinion, almost like they can mean whatever you want them to mean.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 26, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i think the whole tredy emo scene is basically so youngsters can latch onto a band and namedrop them to people who have never heard of them, in an attempt to look cool or cultured.

"i like Monkey Lamppost"

"who are they? never heard of them"

"oh, just some new band, you wouldn't be interested. they represent how i feel and keep it real"

basically, the less people that have heard of them, the better for your rep, it's all about apprearing to be cool, IMO.

(get it? IMO, emo? yeah not funny...)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 26, 2007 08:13PM
It doesnt exist anyway...
Anyone who calls themselves 'emo' is a cunt, and should be shot.
It WAS a music genre, but I guess that name for it had kind of died now... and thankfully too, though the term is still loosley used outside of the 'scene'

Edit, while were on music, and music genres, what do people think about this labelling of 'nu rave' ??

ie, the Klaxons, hadouken? Both of which are very good bands...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 08:18PM by chet.
Date: May 26, 2007 08:52PM
Posted by: SexySam182
When I first heard of Enter Shikari they called themselves trancecore. Ive never heard either of the other bands do they sound like ES?

Date: May 26, 2007 08:56PM
i'm not into the whole scene or genre, but of the few songs i've heard from them, i liked The Klaxons the most. can't believe you haven't heard of them Sam, they've probably got the biggest profile out of the 3 of them, played a lot on Radio 1.

Date: May 26, 2007 09:21PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Just youtubed them and I have heard the song. I dont think there amazing or anything, nothing special

Date: May 26, 2007 09:24PM
i'm not a fan of their cover of The Grace's "Not Over Yet", that song should have been left in the 90's.

Date: May 26, 2007 09:41PM
Not keen on Enter, a few good songs but thats about it, I dont really like the vocals, at all.

Date: May 26, 2007 10:14PM
Posted by: danm
Hadouken are going to emerge this year to a more popular and familiar level I think.

Chet have you heard their remix with Bloc Party?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 26, 2007 10:24PM
Heard about it, but not heard... :( :( ill try keep a look out.

Date: May 27, 2007 01:51AM
Posted by: matt3454
SexySam182 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I first heard of Enter Shikari they called
> themselves trancecore. Ive never heard either of
> the other bands do they sound like ES?

While they may be really good live (never seen them live, just a general opinion of people that have seen them) i would not say they are exceptionally great. Take away the synths or what ever they are and you have a very average band with average screaming. They have a few good songs on the album (SYNAW standsout). I personally can not see them lasting long in the 'scene'.

But then again lots of people have said that my music taste is baaaaaaaaaad.;)

[last.fm]

Date: May 27, 2007 03:06AM
Posted by: danm
ill send u some of it if you want, ive got quite a few mp3s from hadouken, about 10 i reckon.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 27, 2007 02:01PM
Posted by: matt3454
I'll check them out, ive never personally heard of them apart from here but i think they sold out the Academy 2 in birmingham :O

Date: May 27, 2007 06:50PM
Dan is this the song yr one about ?

If thats it, its really good!

Date: May 27, 2007 09:51PM
it's rubbish, the original is miles better!!

wow, they just slowed down Kele's vocals and put it over some generic beat with SNES game sound effects and some nob talking crap over it.

Date: May 27, 2007 11:26PM
Posted by: Vader
Locke Cole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By saying you like "quite a bit heavier stuff" you
> are implying that ALL Emo music is not heavy, and
> also that you only like music that makes a lot of
> noise; regardless of its message, the attitude of
> the band who play it, or the quality of their
> playing.

Not at all.

Emo really isn't heavy - at least I never heard any emo band that really was heavy. It's more like pop'n'roll. Production is way too clean and tame t be heavy. At least as far as my definition of heavy is concerned.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 28, 2007 01:52AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I dislike enter shikari, its not a style that interests me at all. On the other hand, my favourite track right now is Leif Eriksson - Interpol, so that's pretty much chalk and cheese I guess!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 29, 2007 01:16PM
Posted by: razgriz
i use friendster im new on myspace dont noe anything about it yet also hi5
Date: May 29, 2007 01:22PM

Date: May 29, 2007 02:57PM
Posted by: Nickv
Myspace and all the crap that looks like that are the biggest waste of time humans have ever produced.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy