Transformers!!...........Robots in Disguise!!

Posted by LS. 
Crikey! Didn't know those robots are disguised in two and a half men ;)

The movie was freaking awesome. Lovely musical scores by Steve Jablonsky and soundtrack. A typical Bay film, loads of similarities to Armageddon. There are some scenes that made me felt like a small kid again and I like that feeling! Love the Autobot's arrival moments, and also the Megatron-Starscream bickering part too!

Abit of OT, LOL at this ad! Burger King ad featuring Optimus Prime.

Cheers!

Re: Transformers!!...........Robots in Disguise!!
Date: August 02, 2007 01:51PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
That advert is awsome :D

watch the video response, some girl who spotted the cars that were in the movie :D

Date: August 02, 2007 03:59PM
Posted by: Monza972
awesome movie!!!! just saw it last weeek!!!
Date: August 02, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the 1986 animated movie is on right now, started at 10pm, finishes at 11:40pm. i only watched the first 10 minutes or so, until the bit where the little boy and Hotrod are sat fishing, but i've asked my sister to record it on Sky+ so i will get it on dvd in the next couple of days.

it's on on ITV4, channel 120 on Sky.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 11:57PM by Muks_C.
Date: August 02, 2007 11:48PM
Posted by: GLD
Tis an awesome movie, Optimus is my hero...has been since i was about 3 or 4 lol...

Was worried the movie would be bad, but wasn't disappointed...i reckon there was room for a revamped 1980's heavy metal theme tune like the animated movie hto!!

Please click my sig!
Date: August 03, 2007 05:29AM
Posted by: calimbo
Yeah. I missed a lot the sound of them transforming

Date: August 07, 2007 08:20PM
just come back from seeing it. i thought it was good, but it didn't blow me away. i also thought it was a bit too long, the fight scenes seemed to drag a bit, i could hear people sighing in the audience, as if they wanted it to be over already.

the effects were great, but it's mostly done with CGI so that's no big deal, you can do anything these days with computers.

i couldn't understand some of what the robots said, will have to watch the dvd with subtitles when it's out.

that black police car, Barricade, was awe-some :o i want one.

that Aussie chick wasn't too bad either. and Megan Fox definitely looked better in that Two and a Half Men episode than she did here.

will watch the '86 animated movie in the next couple of days.

i thought they might have put the old theme tune, or a newer version of it at the end of the new movie, we waited for a bit after those 2 extra scenes with Sam's parents, but didn't hear it :(

and that main soldier, Josh Duhamel, reminded me of Johnny Knoxville everytime i saw him.

Date: August 07, 2007 11:14PM
Posted by: anze89
I'm going to see this movie next week. I don't remember the cartoon serie being on our TV, the only cartoon that I remember that had robots was Beasts (at least I think that it was titled like that). They were robots that transformed them-selfs into animals and if my memory isn't lying there was one robot also named Optimus Prime (he transformed into gorilla IIRC). Are Transformers and Beasts somehow connected?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 11:18PM by anze89.
Date: August 08, 2007 01:24AM
no idea, never heard of Beasts, so it's either connected, or they've stolen the name Optimus Prime from the real Transformers.

here's the first ever episode, the full 21mins:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

from RobotChicken, Optimus Prime gets prostate cancer:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

some real life Transformers (Optimus Prime is frickin awesome):

&mode=related&search=">
&mode=related&search=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

a band called Black Lab's take on the theme song, not very good IMO:

">

a review of the 1986 movie:

">

just watching the first episode and hearing the theme tune, i had a thought! in the movie when Sam and Mikaela are in the car, he says something like "there's more to you than meets the eye". that's almost the same as the line in the cartoon theme! ("Transformers, more than meets the eye";)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 01:44AM by Muks_C.
Date: August 08, 2007 01:47AM
actually yes, Beast was like a sequence of transformers.

Musk_c you seem to be a person hard to impress, dont ya? ;)

Date: August 08, 2007 02:03AM
well when it's mainly full of CGI, then anything's possible, so what's to be impressed about? a bunch of computer geniuses making fancy robots?

i thought it was good, don't get me wrong, but not the best film i've ever seen. it was a million times better than Star Wars: ROTS anyway.

Date: August 16, 2007 06:24PM
baa weep grana, weep minibong

tell me if you know what i just said :)

Date: August 17, 2007 06:24AM
the universal greeting.

now where is my energon cube

Date: August 17, 2007 11:33AM
Posted by: anze89
I watched the movie 3 days ago and I think it's brilliant. With no doubt the best movie I saw this year (the truth is, I haven't seen many movies lately). There's almost non-stop action, many funny moments, great explosions, nicely done robots and the story is also quite good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2007 11:34AM by anze89.
Date: August 17, 2007 05:51PM
Posted by: MrMan
Anyone else see the bit at the end (after the extra clips of the parents) of Starscream flying away? Me thinks a second is on the way... Although I'm sure I read someplace that there were another two on the way, before this had even come out.

Date: August 17, 2007 06:28PM
no i missed those. i watched the 2 or 3 clips of the parents, then the music just continued so we left. i wanted to hang on for a bit longer in case they played the old cartoon theme tune, but the people i was with didn't want to wait so we left.

how long was that StarScream clip? did he say anything or just fly away?

Date: August 18, 2007 06:30AM
it was about 30 seconds after the last parents clip, and he just flew out of our atmosphere and into space. thats all

Date: August 18, 2007 07:59AM
Nice! I'll be waiting for it.

BTW, I've been watching Transformers Energon on Carton network LA, and they are great with bumblebee, optimus, starscream, all of them. Really nice and at least it's not so primitive as the original cartoon, even if i like it as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy