Do you already know what you're gonna get for Christmas?

Posted by anze89 
Re: Do you already know what you're gonna get for Christmas?
Date: November 29, 2006 09:46PM
Posted by: LS.
Heres what i have asked for this year

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Ooh you'll enjoy the Queen Live At Wembley DVD.
Date: November 29, 2006 09:48PM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *attempts to hurt LS immensely*

i know how you brazilians try to hurt other men, and i'll tell you now it aint gonna happen, nature intended that particular orifice as one way traffic only! ;) :) lol

LS's Tip of the week
LS. Wrote:
> Guimengo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > *attempts to hurt LS immensely*
>
>
> i know how you brazilians try to hurt other men,
> and i'll tell you now it aint gonna happen,
> nature intended that particular orifice as one way
> traffic only! ;) :) lol

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 29, 2006 09:53PM
MarcLister Wrote:
> Ooh you'll enjoy the Queen Live At Wembley DVD.

been a fan of queen for twenty odd years, got the majority of their albums, but never really was interested in the dvds

went into dixons a few weeks back to get out of going into the womens clothes shops like most blokes do, must be a primeval thing,:) ( in the guise of Tarzan) Man go to gadget shop!, woman go to topshop!!

anyhooo, whilst i was in there, they had a lap top showcasing the multimedia features of it and the new funky speaker system and they had this particular queen dvd in the drive and i couldnt tear myself away.

The performance was awesome, Freddie Mercury had such stage prescence it was unbeleiveable!!

Hence the required gift request ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Aye got all of their studio albums. And Freddie's stage presence was indeed stunning. I reckon Wembley in both 86 and 85 for Live Aid were two of the most amazing gigs ever in terms of having the crowd in his hands.
I like Queen very much too, but I prefer Budapest 1986. Freddie had a better voice and didn't make many mistakes (the most visible/heareble at Wembley are during One vision, Who wants to live forever and Radio GaGa, at Budapest he only made a mistake during Tear it up), Brian had the same amazing solo during A kind of magic than at Wembley and the light effects were better IMO (probably because of smaller stage and the fact that the whole concert was at night). And they even did a song in Hungarian language. The crowd reactions are better at Wembley (especially during Love of my life).

Date: November 29, 2006 10:27PM
cheers anze, i know what to ask for as another present

is it a similar play list or are there some extra songs on it?

LS's Tip of the week
anze - Is the Budapest 86 DVD for sale only in Hungary then? I've just looked on Amazon.co.uk and Play.com but I can't find it there. Can't even find it on QueenOnline's shop. :(
LS. Wrote:
> cheers anze, i know what to ask for as another
> present
>
> is it a similar play list or are there some extra
> songs on it?

the only extra song is the one in hungarian language, but because the DVD isn't official (yet) is missing documentaries and some songs are shortened to fit the old video tapes (Another one bites the dust is totally missing, Crazy little thing called love and Tie your mother down are shorter), but the video quality is the same as on Wembley DVD and Queen performance is better. Their are strong stories going around the queen forum that they will release this concert as an official DVD, with the whole concert plus documentary stuff, so maybe the best solution for you would be to get it next year for Christmas when it will probably already be officialy released.

Here are some parts of the Budapest concert:

Love of my Life:

-not as good as Wembley (mostly because the concert isn't in England or south America and the crowd doesn't know the song as good)
Tavaszi Szel:

-the Hungarien song
Who Wants To Live Forever:

-probably the best version of this song
A Kind of Magic:

-just great
Bohemian Rhapsody:

-one of the best performances of the song, even if Freddie's voice is getting weak
Radio GaGa:

-it surley can't compare to Live Aid, as the song is almost at the end of the concert Freddie's voice isn't at its best anymore
We Will Rock You:

-does it need a comment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2006 04:02PM by anze89.
Already got one of my Christmas presents...

Date: November 30, 2006 09:22PM
Cool, that must have cost a lot!! :o

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2006 09:23PM by LS..
The thing I hate about these 007 boxes is roughly every 2 years the set increases by one. And when do they promote the latest set? Just when a new Bond comes out at the cinemas. So everyone buys the set which hasn't got the latest ruddy Bond film in. Aaagh!! :-(
Is it the complete 007 box? I saw it for €320 (around £225) at Amazon.de. The 007 Connery box alone is €99 (sround £70) and I am very tempted to buy it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Amazonco.uk has it for £299. SO if you order from Amazon.de you don't only get DVDs with an additional audio stream (German obviously) but you also save almost £80.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
LS. Wrote:
> Heres what i have asked for this year
>
>
>

My idol. :D I have EVERYTHING Foo/Dave related. That is my obsession. Have you got the new Skin and Bones CD or DVD? I read Daves first biography (Nirvana, Foo Fighters and other misadventures) and I wasn't too impressed. I dunno what I was expecting, because I know everything about the guy. *Creepy*

I asked/am asking for an iPod. I have a 512mg Shuffle, which I love, but I would like to have all my music on one iPod instead, and I think I'm getting it. So im very lucky.

I've compiled a huge Amazon wish list, which was requested, so my family could pick and choose what to get me. :)

What I really and truly want though, is to see a particular friend (as well as my family of course).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2006 01:38AM by -Mikey-.
Vader Wrote:
> Is it the complete 007 box? I saw it for €320
> (around £225) at Amazon.de. The 007 Connery box
> alone is €99 (sround £70) and I am very tempted
> to buy it.

Yes, it is the complete 007 Box set. I didn't know there was one that only at the Connery films in it.
Oh, just got an idea for my present!

Think I will ask for Smallville Season 5, the one I haven't gotten yet. And I'll use my own funds for Superman Returns :p
on Play they have the 20 film set, and the Roger Moore set, but no Connery set:

[www.play.com]

[www.play.com]

but HMV has the Connery, Moore and Brosnan sets, as well as the suitcase one and the 20 film one like at Play.

[www.hmv.co.uk]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2006 02:53PM by Muks_C.
Bernie The Bolt Wrote:
> Vader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is it the complete 007 box? I saw it for €320
> > (around £225) at Amazon.de. The 007 Connery
> box
> > alone is €99 (sround £70) and I am very
> tempted
> > to buy it.
>
>
> Yes, it is the complete 007 Box set. I didn't
> know there was one that only at the Connery films
> in it.

They have the complete box set and also sets for each Bond actor.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy