Ebay Problems Thread (page 3)

Posted by Muks_C 
Re: Ebay Problems with non-paying winner
Date: November 07, 2006 12:10PM
Posted by: Muks_C
if you've sold something and they don't leave feedback for you at all, then send them a message asking if they've received the item yet, and if they have, ask them to please leave feedback and say that you will do the same for them.

if you have bought something and you want them to leave you feedback, leave your feedback (hopefully positive if everything is ok with the item), then email them or send a message through ebay, telling them you've received the item and have left feedback, and ask them if they'd do the same for you when they get time.

i do that everytime, and 99.99% take notice and do leave feedback.

but i've noticed even without me badgering people, they generally leave feedback for you anyway.

but sometimes when you buy and leave feedback, the seller doesn't care about leaving it for you, because he's got the f/b from you already so he doesn't care.

when i sell stuff, i send a letter with the item (a basic template letter, customised for each buyer with their name and item) asking them to leave feedback if they are happy with the item, and if they're not, asking them to contact me first before leaving negative f/b, so we can sort it out between us before leaving bad f/b. i say in the letter that i will leave f/b for them once they have done so for me.

and generally they read the letter and do leave feedback once they've received the item. i had one guy last week who didn't, so i didn't leave it for him, but sent him a message asking if he's received the item, and after a couple of days he left it for me, so i then left it for him.

what i don't understand is some sellers who leave f/b as soon as you've paid for the item, they are stuck then if the buyer leaves negative f/b for them. if something bad does happen, at least the seller can leave bad f/b for the buyer, if he does for him, but leaving it as soon as the buyer pays leaves you with not many options later on.

sellers should always leave it only after the buyer has left it for them.

@ Gui, so how did you resolve it? did he say he would pay for the postage when you send it back, and send a replacement correct joypad? od did he just ask for you to send it back and he'd send the corrct one, without refunding the postage you will pay?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 07, 2006 12:54PM
Posted by: lukepm
ive emailed several times, asking if the item was recieved, and if so please leave feedback. one said yes the item was recieved and thanks, but still hasnt left f/b. the other hasnt responded. what to do.... i dont want to leave bad f/b, but its important as it shows you can be trusted.
Date: November 07, 2006 01:06PM
you shouldn't leave bad f/b just cos they don't leave any f/b.

maybe they'll get round to it one day, just be patient.

if you leave bad f/b because they haven't left any, then they will just retaliate and leave you bad f/b.

it's better for you to leave them alone and just hope they will leave it eventually, after which you can leave yours for them, or neither of you leaving any f/b, rather than leaving them bad f/b after which they may leave bad f/b for you.

Date: November 07, 2006 01:24PM
just had an ebay message from someone i bought from, he said in his message

"your items have been despatched once arrived please leave feedback any problems feel free to contact me to resolve before any feedback is left, many thanks"

so some people really care greatly about giving and receiving f/b, others just don't unfortunately, Luke.

Date: November 08, 2006 04:22AM
Posted by: Guimengo
apparently they will ship me a Sony controller, have to see when it arrives if it's new or not. I don't have to pay for anything though :).

And Muks, I think the seller should leave good feedback once he gets his money, the buyer part is done perfectly, why not do it? It's the same way for a buyer, leave feedback after you get the item but then the seller could just ignore. I left feedback for 2/3 items I bought right after I got home and tried them to see they worked, one seller left me one the next day, another took almost a week! I think feedback should be left once someone's part of the deal is done. What if I decided to leave neutral feedback for someone (like my PS2 controller, which if it's fine I'll leave positive and say something about mishap but how it was solved) and they give me a bad/neutral, even though I was perfect?
Date: November 08, 2006 09:32AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> what i don't understand is some sellers who leave
> f/b as soon as you've paid for the item, they are
> stuck then if the buyer leaves negative f/b for
> them. if something bad does happen, at least the
> seller can leave bad f/b for the buyer, if he does
> for him, but leaving it as soon as the buyer pays
> leaves you with not many options later on.
>
> sellers should always leave it only after the
> buyer has left it for them.
>

sorry but i disagree,

Once the Buyer has paid for the item, and the seller sends it, the transaction is over for the seller, and the seller should then leave feedback for the buyer. the buyer then recieves the package, and once is satisfied leaves feedback for the seller.

thats how its supposed to work, not "ill leave positive feedback for you if you do for me"

Sure things can go wrong with EBAY, and if i was the buyer and something went wrong i would have an obective opionion on the seller, how he handled the situation etc before i left my feedback, things go wrong that arent the seller's fault at all.

Date: November 08, 2006 10:26AM
Posted by: lukepm
i think the buyer leaving feedback first is a way of telling the seller they have recieved the item. so the buyer should leave f/b first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2006 11:46AM by lukepm.
Date: November 08, 2006 10:34AM
Posted by: matt3454
I agree with the others, the seller should leave feedback as soon as he is paid

Date: November 08, 2006 11:23AM
well we'll agree to disagree on that point then :)

as Luke says, the buyer leaving f/b first tells the seller he has received it and is happy, so the seller can then leave f/b for the buyer.

Gui, glad it seems your problem is being solved, hopefully it's the correct one this time. but about the seller taking a long time to leave f/b for you, some sellers deal with tens or hundreds of items a week, so they probably don't sit and do 1 f/b at a time, they probably pick an hour or something on a weekend to sit and do all the f/b for all their buyers at once, so don't worry if it takes long, as long as it eventually gets done.

and i think if the replacement controller is the correct one, you'd be better leaving +ve, but saying something like "sent wrong one, but replaced with no problems" or something like that, rather than leaving neutral or -ve for them sending the wrong one in the 1st place.

Date: November 08, 2006 02:32PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well we'll agree to disagree on that point then
> :)
>
> as Luke says, the buyer leaving f/b first tells
> the seller he has received it and is happy, so the
> seller can then leave f/b for the buyer.

like i saw one guy post in feedback once

"SELLER HOLDS FEEDBACK AS RANSOM"

Date: November 22, 2006 12:50AM
So the controller I got is quite used, scratches all over and as much as they tried to clean it they missed the Sony square at the back, you can tell is old... missing one of the pins where the controller connects with the console as well.

Messaged them yet again, if it's not perfectly fixed this time I am contacting e-Bay. So far I have 2 PS2 controllers sitting here without any use, it's not what I bought!
Date: November 22, 2006 01:01AM
oh, sad to hear that mate.

the seller is obviously a chump. what's his feedback like already? has he had any complaints about this kind of this before?

he's just gone and found the correct controller from one of his friends or relatives and sent it to you, instead of buying a new one for you.

Date: November 22, 2006 01:20AM
He has complaints of shipping wrong item, yes. But I refuse to go out on this without getting what I bought ;-).
Date: November 22, 2006 04:03AM
Posted by: danm
you go girl!

*gui :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 22, 2006 04:11AM
hahahahahaha
Date: November 22, 2006 02:17PM
i don't think there'll be anyone you can actually write to, to complain about him, Gui.

i saw a programme last week called "Making It Big on eBay", showing how people have made good businesses out of selling stuff here in the UK, after going to an "eBay Camp" in the USA.

one guy used to sell stuff, and put a large mechanical car (it was about 5 feet long, like a real car with working engine, but the size to fit a child), but he liked it himself, so he bid on it. so he was selling it for his friend, but bid on it from his own sellers account (what an idiot, did he not realise that this would look dodgy to ebay, a seller bidding on his own item?).

so anyway, he won it and paid his friend (why he didn't just buy it from his friend in the first place, i don't know), but his account was suspended because ebay's automated system picked this incident up and blocked him.

the stupid guy explained that while he was suspended, there was no-one he could contact, as ebay it pretty much fully computerised, with hardly any humans intervening, even in the disputes.

so i think you're on your own to work it out with the seller.

(correct me if i'm wrong, and if you do actually make contact with a human)

Date: November 22, 2006 09:20PM
I don't know about e-bay people, I meant just if the seller didn't agree to fix things I'd report him and go from there.

It all contrasts so much with my order from Amazon.uk.... issues with receiving my Jackie Stewart DVD, they already dispatched a new one and are talking to the postal service about it!
Re: Ebay Problems Thread (page 3)
Date: January 22, 2007 06:18PM
any progress with your PS2 joypad Gui?

i've renamed the thread so it can be for any of your ebay problems to discuss.

not really a problem for me, but just a little niggle. before i went on holiday, i bought Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (on monday 8th Jan). i paid him instantly and with the Paypal payment, added a message to the seller asking him if he could be so kind as to send it as soon as possible, and by 1st Class standard (not 2nd class as he advertised he would).

i paid £2 for postage anyway, and a game/dvd doesn't cost more than about 80p if you just send it in a padded envelope, so i thought he would oblige and send it on wednesday at the latest, so i would receive it on thursday or friday, so i could check it and leave feedback before i went away on the saturday. (i told him i was going on thursday 11th, hoping he would do his best to post it on tuesday morning after i won and paid for it on monday evening).

so anyway, i left in the early hours of saturday 13th, and it hadn't arrived by then, but i found out from my dad it had arrived that morning. so when i looked at it when i got back on saturday 20th, i saw he had only posted it on the 12th, by 1st Class as i had requested. but why did it take him 4 days to post it? in the listing, it says handling time would be between 1 and 3 days, so at latest he should have posted it on thursday 11th, so i would have received it on friday 12th. he even says "once i have received your Paypal payment, i will post your item".

so i opened the game, and there is no manual. i don't need it, i can probably download it or just work it out myself, but he described the game as "brand new", so that to any reasonable person would mean it would have the manual, wouldn't it?

so i sent him a message asking if he had it, and if he did, could he send it to me. i also asked him if he had read my message to him in the email he received from Paypal notifying him of my payment. he replied saying the game didn't even come with a manual (i don't believe that, because in other auctions for the same game, there has been a manual in every single one, or they've stated that they've lost it).

about the postage, he said he saw the message too late to send it before i went away, but sent it 1st Class as i asked, and paid for the upgrade "out of my own pocket".

what the heck does he mean "out of my own pocket"!? i paid him £2 postage, the least he could do is send it 1st Class as it costs so little. who even sends anything by 2nd class these day!?

2nd Class might have cost him 40p, instead it cost 65p. plus the cost of an envelope (unpadded i might add) he won't have spent more than 90p or a pound, still leaving him with £1 profit, plus the amount i won the auction for.

some people huh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 06:20PM by Muks_C.
Date: January 23, 2007 02:41PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
i'd let it go, muks
Date: January 23, 2007 08:09PM
i did do, still left him +ve f/b, just saying, that's all.

i'd feel ashamed of myself if i asked for £2 postage for sending a dvd/game 2nd class. I do charge £2 but send them same day or next day, 1st Class Recorded, and in a jiffy envelope with extra padding, which costs around £1.30 to send, plus the cost of buying the envelope.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy