Ebay Problems Thread (page 3)

Posted by Muks_C 
Ebay Problems Thread (page 3)
Date: October 02, 2006 09:28PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Hey guys, i sold that Williams PS2 wheel i showed you pics of a while ago, but the winner wont pay. i sent him an invoice the day after he won it after getting it weighed at the Post Office, then it took him 2 weeks to respond, because he says he was on holiday.

when he finally responded to my numerous messages, he said he wouldnt be paying for it because i dont accept Paypal. i replied saying i do accept Paypal, and that if he didnt want to pay by PP, he could send me a cheque and i would send the wheel when the cheque cleared.

he replied today asking "would you send a cheque if i said i would wait for the cheque to clear before sending the item? I think not!" to which i replied of course i would, and have done so many times as that is the standard procedure that ebay recommends.

he also said hes bought another wheel anyway, so i replied telling him that a bid is a binding contract, and you have to click a button saying you understand this, and that he should think about these things before bidding.

he is new to ebay anyway, with only 2 purchases so far, so might not understand the feedback system because he thinks i will keep the cheque and not send him the wheel. i told him that my feedback is 100%, and i wouldnt rob him cos he could just leave negative feedback for me, which obviously i dont want.

ive never reported anyone before as i havent had this problem before, but im scared that he will just leave me neg. feedback if i do report him.

anyone had a problem like this? what did you do, just leave it and re-list the item, or report the offender? what happened? did they leave retaliatory feedback for you for reporting them?

hes under the impression that its his choice if he wants the item or not, when clearly that is not the case.

thanks.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2007 06:05PM by Muks_C.
Re: Ebay Problems with non-paying winner
Date: October 02, 2006 09:32PM
Posted by: genesis
Dude don't be 'scared' of getting negative feedback when you're in the right - report him.

He was out of order and you're right, you can't rob him. However, you'd be within your rights to send him the item and cash the cheque...not completely ethical though.

Report him, and leave him negative feedback. If he leaves you negative feedback, you can respond to this and write on your feedback page a response to his claim. You just have to write what he did and it's all cool. People are going to trust you because you have a good feedback rating - and he won't.
Date: October 02, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: madotteя
I've had a similar situation, and if you respond to any bad feedback given you should be ok. You can always explain to eBay the situation and maybe they could remove it?
Date: October 03, 2006 12:26AM
new account Iain? with the reversed "R"???

not sure what to do, unfortunately i only had 1 bid so can't even offer it to another bidder as a second-chance offer.

Date: October 03, 2006 05:14AM
Posted by: danm
this guy must be a fool...

he doesnt want to send you money first incase you run off with it...

yet he expects to somehow buy the item and almost obtain it instantly as he pays?

what an idiot really.

the thing is, explain to him that if he sends a cheque, technically the day after he posts he has 5 days in which to receive the item from you. if you send it the same day as you get his cheque, tell him he had 5 days in which to go to the bank and CANCEL that cheque if your wheel doesnt turn up to him.

basically, hes got th echance to pull out the cheque if he doesnt get the item, which personally is almost more secure than paypal which instantly deposits money into his account and takes it.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 03, 2006 06:40AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
you must report him to ebay cause he won the object and has to pay it. Don't forget your object is sold and you will have to pay fee to ebay for the object. If you report him, ebay will send him a few emails and when he don't respond on them they will send him an official letter, which almost never happens cause it gets solved. When ebay send him emails, and he answered on them you see what he wrote and then you can respond. You also can both agree to close the bidding and that he doesn't have to pay anymore and that you keep the object. Ebay will pay you your fee back but not the cost for posting the steering wheel.

YOU have the most to lose so i would report him asap. If you report and he write negative feedback ebay will remove it for sure and in worse case if he doesn't answer ebay's emails he will be banned, but you will have your fee back.
Date: October 03, 2006 08:25PM
got a reply from him just now:

"listen m8 stop annoying me im not paying for it ok"

the cheek of it!

i replied asking how am i annoying him, and that i still have to pay fees to ebay as technically the item is sold.

Date: October 03, 2006 08:26PM
Posted by: Paco
report that idiot...

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 03, 2006 08:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Yup Muks, report him and leave negative feedback, simple.
Date: October 03, 2006 08:55PM
Posted by: Nickv
Just report that prick, don't be afraid of negative feedback.
Date: October 03, 2006 11:52PM
right, i have just reported him and opened a dispute file. i have typed in my story (like i did here) and am now waiting for him to respond to my comments, ebay says i'll get an email when/if he replies.

he must have a stinky attitude, how can he think i'm annoying him? would he not ask a buyer of one of his items to pay after over 2 weeks of waiting? idiot.

Date: October 04, 2006 12:25AM
Posted by: senninho
If he doesn't participate in the NPB process, and leaves negative feedback, eBay will remove it for you. Otherwise, like someone else mentioned, you can just comment it. FWIW i'll always give someone the benefit of the doubt if they have 1 neg from an obvious idiot ;-)

Date: October 04, 2006 01:32AM
Posted by: keiran
If he leaves negative feedback just get eBay involved. My Dad did that when someone left negative feedback because the stamp on the parcel said 60p and he charged £2.50 for P+P. The person doesn't class the bubble wrap and jiffy bag as packing...

My Dad's had a few non payers and so far everytime he has got eBay involved the persons paid up quite sharply. Although sometimes I do wander if these people realise that any messages sent through eBay can be seen by eBay themselves :s

Your case should be real easy if thats the sort of messages he is sending.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: October 04, 2006 03:41PM
i doubt this guy will pay cos he said he's bought another one and he's not paying for it, he even told me to report him if i wanted. but being new to ebay (he has only bought 2 items so far) he might not know all the rules and stuff.

i even told him that when he entered his bid, he had to click on a button that said he understood that his bid was a legally binding contract. then he replied that i was annoying him...

Date: October 04, 2006 08:19PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
well if he doesn't pay at least you get your fee back and no negative feedback so thats something and you can always put your object back for sale again.
Date: October 13, 2006 03:30PM
well it's been 10 days since i opened the dispute, no input from him at all so i closed the dispute and left negative f/b for him. i read all the stuff carefully, it says that even if he leaves negative f/b, because he didn't take part in the consolation of the dispute, it won't show up or won't affect my f/b rating, so i should be ok.

i wrote: "TIME WASTER, Won Item Then Didn't Want To Pay, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!" for him :):):)

worryingly though, his rating is still 100%. he has 2 positives and 1 negative, but it's still 100%? shouldn't it be 66% or something? unless it takes longer for it to update?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2006 03:31PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 13, 2006 04:39PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Did e-Bay refund you for the listing?
Date: October 13, 2006 04:44PM
it says i'm eligible for the refund, so it will probably be knocked off from my next bill, but yes, it's agreed that i will be credited.

Date: October 13, 2006 05:39PM
Posted by: mikef1
Find out where he lives, wait for him to turn up and then give him a good kicking! ;)
Date: October 13, 2006 07:29PM
i know where he lives, i have his address remember cos ebay sends an email to the seller ;)

his feedback rating has been updated now, 66.7%, and his score was 2, now it's 1 : [feedback.ebay.co.uk]

that'll teach him the *******************r.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy