Help! New Problem! FIXED NOW.

Posted by jonny 
Help! New Problem! FIXED NOW.
Date: October 30, 2005 05:37PM
Posted by: jonny
Can someone help me?

I've got an mdf and mds, which i want use to patch over my Sims 2 University, making it playable without a CD but i have no idea how to. It says to mount them using Alcohol 120%. It might be noobish but i'm really stuck!

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2005 09:47PM by jonny.
Re: Help!
Date: October 30, 2005 06:03PM
Posted by: Lemming
i always use Daemon Tools for things like that.

[www.afterdawn.com]

then use daemon tools to mount the mds file (there's just an option in there that says "mount", then you select the mds file... i'm guessing alcohol is similar if you have that).

what that does is just creates a new cd drive that windows thinks is really a cd drive and fools the program into looking at the cd drive, seeing that the game disk is in, and allows you to play, just like a no-cd crack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2005 06:04PM by Lemming.
Date: October 30, 2005 06:12PM
Daemon Tools doesn't work on mine, this error comes uup during installtion

I'll try following your advice though.

Date: October 30, 2005 08:50PM
I've mounted the mds, but when i go to the virtual drive, i try pressing the exe, but a command prompt screen flashes up then dissapears in a second. I don't understand why!

Date: October 30, 2005 10:56PM
Posted by: Wirah
Mount it on the virtual drive, then locate your Sims 2 dir and double click the main-game EXE.

Date: October 30, 2005 11:09PM
for daemon tools, i think it doesn't like it if alcohol is installed, i had that problem. i had to go to registry and delete all alcohol stuff and change some file on the hard drive too, forgot about that.

better off with alcohol if you can get it to work how Wirah has said...

Date: October 31, 2005 09:04PM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I couldn't be arsed with the above, but now i got a new prob. Whenever i launch the game, (The Sims) it says 'CD/DVD Emulation software has been detected: Please remove.' error I've removed Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools, soi don't know why. I think i have to go into the registry, but i don't want to @#$%& up the PC as i don't even know wghere the registry is - yes i am a complete utter noob - Any help would be great

Re: Help! New Problem!
Date: November 01, 2005 12:17AM
Posted by: gav
CloneCD is another one. Probably CloneDVD and AnyDVD too, as they're from the same company.

There'll be loads more I don't know about.
Date: November 01, 2005 08:39AM
Do you know where the registry is?

Date: November 01, 2005 10:06AM
Posted by: gav
I just uninstalled it...
Date: November 01, 2005 10:27AM
to get to the registry, go to start > run and type regedit.

but if you don't know what you're doing, i wouldn't go there...

seems a bit unreasonable of software wanting other software to be deleted now. there's many legitimate reasons why someone would use daemon tools or alcohol or whatever...

Date: November 01, 2005 10:56AM
Posted by: madotter
i always use d-tools, better and simpler than alcohol imo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy